RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Bouldering

Premier Sponsor:

boulderingmadman

Sep 28, 2002, 1:10 AM
Post #1 of 9 (1692 views)
Shortcut

access fund in Bishop
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

october 19 at the Happy Boulders, october 20 at the Buttermilks. trail work, chalk-cleaning, and MAD BOULDERING!!! anyone got the goods on a party???

jmlangford

Sep 28, 2002, 2:51 AM
Post #2 of 9 (1692 views)
Shortcut

access fund in Bishop [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Cool, clean up the Buttermilks for me. I'll be there on the 26th/27th. I'm not much of a partier though!

boulderingmadman

Sep 28, 2002, 6:47 PM
Post #3 of 9 (1692 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

howsabout you try cleaning up after yourself?!?!?!

we dont do this every year so people from out of town can come by and leave cig butts and tapewads laying around...

ie:i was at the happies just the other day and picked up about 15 cig butts, half a roll of tape, AND A f---ING BREADWRAPPER!!!!! all you motherf---ers need to clean your OWN s--- up...

rockfax

Sep 28, 2002, 7:24 PM
Post #4 of 9 (1692 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

"howsabout you try cleaning up after yourself?!?!?! "

Most people do clean up after themselves. Most don't drop any trash at all.

"we dont do this every year so people from out of town can come by and leave cig butts and tapewads laying around..."

Localism rearing it's ugly head. The bouldering areas around Bishop are squeaky clean.

"ie:i was at the happies just the other day and picked up about 15 cig butts, half a roll of tape, AND A f---ING BREADWRAPPER!!!!! all you motherf---ers need to clean your OWN s--- up."

Good. I was there this week and there was virtually no trash. You'll find that the majority of climbers leave very little trace (apart from chalk and footprints).....

But you will find the odd mad person ranting about a small amount of litter.

If you want to do something reallyn usefull as regards litter pick ups, try walking one of the fishing creeks in the Owens Valley that will put into perspective how tidy us climbers are.

Mick

boulderingmadman

Sep 28, 2002, 7:29 PM
Post #5 of 9 (1692 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

i hear you mick...i guess i got a little heated, didnt i...

but the bread wrapper pissed me off. youre right, for the most part, its pretty clean. i just get angry when i see plastic bags with bread crumbs blowing in the breeze...would upset you, no??

i just didnt like the "clean the buttermilks up for me" comment...a bit egotistical, me thinks...

hey mick, any word on a party after the cleanup??

rockfax

Sep 29, 2002, 7:10 PM
Post #6 of 9 (1692 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Litter doesn't upset me.

I just pick it up.

There will always be a minority who litter and you can't do a darn thing about it, It's life.

Of course the problem is when you get a large majority of a user-group being dicks....like sport fishermen...but they've got so much economic clout you hardly hear a whisper about their dispecable behaviour.

Nope Chris...not heard about a party thang.

M
www.rockfax.com

boulderingmadman

Oct 1, 2002, 7:38 PM
Post #7 of 9 (1692 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

allright...

were trying to organize a party in the Pit for all you greasy boulderers(myself included). coupla people are trying to work out a generator and DJ for music. im gonna bring a few cases of beer, though i cant support everyone, so if anyones gonna show up to party, its prolly a good idea to bring some beers so we can all get nice and shitty.

so, in an effort to organize(which is not as easy as you may think) lets get a show of hands if anyone plans on attending the party aspect of this cleanup campaign...

HERE!!

espinosa

Oct 1, 2002, 8:27 PM
Post #8 of 9 (1692 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

where has tommy k been? he did allright at it last year. i might be down this year...

i am pretty sure i can find a couch to crash on ehh madman?? i think someone in that area owes me a favor

boulderingmadman

Oct 2, 2002, 8:21 PM
Post #9 of 9 (1692 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

espinosa...you know DAMN well youre welcome at my pad ANYtime... just let me know whats up...if youre flying into reno, i can prolly arrange to pick you up through various friends. just keep me informed...

tommy k has been hiding in a hole somewhere in the desert, me thinks. were trying to arrange for a gathering in the pit. gonna be a good time either way, you should DEFINATELY try and make it out here...

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Bouldering

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook