RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Suggestions & Feedback

Premier Sponsor:

dharmatreez

Aug 3, 2007, 2:23 PM
Post #1 of 4 (621 views)
Shortcut

Editing routes without validation....
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

small suggestion

i've recently been adding some updated topos for a few areas and have needed to reorder the route numbers in the database

this was a group of 30+ routes that i feel bad and a nuisance for sending in such a large batch to Chronicle (PA editor) to validate for just new sequence numbers.

is there anyway that if a user added the route to the database themselves, they could then edit the route without needing validation from the editor. i understand why there is validation in order to keep some from deleting or putting bad information in, and wouldn't want to get completely rid of the validation process. this just might quicken up the process and lighten the load on the area editors.

thanks for listening

long happy trails and safe climbing,

jae

ddt

Aug 5, 2007, 5:12 PM
Post #2 of 4 (606 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dharmatreez] Editing routes without validation.... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Yep, I understand. This, however, is not easy to do with the software we use. If we turn editor validation on, it is on for everyone, including the original submitter of the route.

I may have a work-around solution however... let me look into it.

DDT

chronicle

Aug 8, 2007, 1:44 PM
Post #3 of 4 (592 views)
Shortcut

Re: [ddt] Editing routes without validation.... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Another person in PA just went through the trouble of renumbering the routes in an area and 2 weeks later, 2 new routes were added at the very beginning of the wall. My suggestion to them was to number the current routes using a factor of 10 (ie. 10, 20, 30 ...). Then when a route is added, you can squeeze it in without renumber the entire wall and still leave room for new routes. So the first route between 10 and 20 would be numbered 15, leaving room for 4 routes between 10 & 15 and 15 & 20.

That should make your life easier.

(pm sent to dharmatreez as well)

stymingersfink

Aug 15, 2007, 11:56 PM
Post #4 of 4 (561 views)
Shortcut

Re: [chronicle] Editing routes without validation.... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

chronicle wrote:
Another person in PA just went through the trouble of renumbering the routes in an area and 2 weeks later, 2 new routes were added at the very beginning of the wall. My suggestion to them was to number the current routes using a factor of 10 (ie. 10, 20, 30 ...). Then when a route is added, you can squeeze it in without renumber the entire wall and still leave room for new routes. So the first route between 10 and 20 would be numbered 15, leaving room for 4 routes between 10 & 15 and 15 & 20.

That should make your life easier.

(pm sent to dharmatreez as well)
perhaps a better solution might be to do away with numbering routes all together? I mean, they already have names... right?

THAT should make (your) life easier.

Forums : Rockclimbing.com : Suggestions & Feedback

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook