RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Technique & Training

Premier Sponsor:

thomasribiere

Aug 25, 2007, 7:18 AM
Post #1 of 3 (1008 views)
Shortcut

Back to a training schedule
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Last semi-serious climbs were late June in the Calanques, where I didn't do anything harder than 5.9 or so.
I plan 2 one-week climbing trips, the first in late September as an adjusting trip, and the other one in eary October where I plan to be back at my "top-level" (which just means 5.10c OS!).

Anyway, after 2 months in the town swimmingpool wice or three times a week, I went back to the gym yesterday evening to train some power-endurance (what we call resistance in french - like to "resist" to the lactates). What a dellusion! I'm almost unable to grab pinches and slopers, and my level was so poor that I couldn't even feel acidosis before falling from the wall... I guess I will work a bit of power and endurance apart.
Another thing I noticed : my skin is so smooth (nothing to do with the fact that I'm French) after the pools sessions that I lost my skin on the less grainy holds!

Well, I've got to seriously move my ass...

Re-beginners, unite!

themadmilkman

Aug 27, 2007, 7:01 PM
Post #2 of 3 (927 views)
Shortcut

Re: [thomasribiere] Back to a training schedule [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Count me in!

Gotta clear the stuff piled up in front of the woodie, start hitting the gym, and stop sucking.

thomasribiere

Oct 11, 2007, 8:10 PM
Post #3 of 3 (690 views)
Shortcut

Re: [thomasribiere] Back to a training schedule [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

thomasribiere wrote:
Last semi-serious climbs were late June in the Calanques, where I didn't do anything harder than 5.9 or so.
I plan 2 one-week climbing trips, the first in late September as an adjusting trip, and the other one in eary October where I plan to be back at my "top-level" (which just means 5.10c OS!).

Anyway, after 2 months in the town swimmingpool wice or three times a week, I went back to the gym yesterday evening to train some power-endurance (what we call resistance in french - like to "resist" to the lactates). What a dellusion! I'm almost unable to grab pinches and slopers, and my level was so poor that I couldn't even feel acidosis before falling from the wall... I guess I will work a bit of power and endurance apart.
Another thing I noticed : my skin is so smooth (nothing to do with the fact that I'm French) after the pools sessions that I lost my skin on the less grainy holds!

Well, I've got to seriously move my ass...

Re-beginners, unite!

So I just OS around 25 6a and 6a+ (5.10a-5.10b) and just flashed around 3 6b/+ (5.10c/d). Not so bad. I missed many others 6b/+ : either hangdogging or bailing... So I guess I still can't climb 6b/+ on a regular basis.
Too bad.

Forums : Climbing Information : Technique & Training

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook