Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

climbinganne

Oct 8, 2002, 7:27 AM
Post #1 of 44 (8292 views)
Shortcut

CITY OF ROCKS...the aftermath
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I just arrived back from the airport...droped off by pfc-monty and his dad. Thanx guys...

This was a blast...was unsure if i could actually make due to babysitters, but all of my friends pulled thru and allowed me to have a closure to this summer. I arrived and met up with pfc-monty (kurt) and ropeman_playful (james)...we laughed our butts off all the way to city.

we went to elephant rock where we hooked up with nailzz (tony), his guest karen from N.Y. and litedawg (trevor) and his guest (oops! no name) we climbed "wheat thin" and "the pigmies got stoned" (which was my third climd ever...this time i aided...and then when tony lowered me..i re-did the crux and made it...and then slipped at an easy part, im gonna blame it on my shoes that blew out...hahahaha)
timpagonos (chad), his wife and lovely daughter joined us at camp that night..i hope he signed my T but i fear i forgot...nice time great ppl. aluva (sheeba) and aluvasjack (corey) showed up...with a bushel of young beautiful ppl...loved everyone of them!!!

sweet corey and beautiful sheeba...speaking of coery's..i saw your car several times... but where were u??? sorry dude, would have loved to hook up with you. (coreyr)

I was soooooo tired i crashed at like 8:30pm...that time in idaho???

the next morning me and pfc-monty and ropeman_playful hiked out to "jackson's thumb" (looked more to me like a huge penis) i lead the 2nd and 4th of the four pitches....IT FRIGGIN ROCKED!!!!!!!!!!!! so nice to successfully lead in city again...full circle for me this trip was...and the pics from up there are incredible, took me four frames to get all of inner city in.

i must admit the best part of that was coming down after the REALLY HAIRY RAP...getting a huge hug from aluasjack, best kid in the world!!!!!! and his chick, aluva, has a rad rack!!! you should see her in her climbing top!!!!

so then we met up with my very first rc.com partner leanybean (eileen)...hahahaha...past her going on the dirt road, we took her to camp than we were off again...breadloaves...china something (yup, left my original guide book on my plane, stupa me!!!) sweet 5.8 we all gathered at the top and celebrated.

then the spoon game began..hehe..we had visiters from all over at the campsite that nite..then this handsome man said...climbinganne ...and it was shaft...bshatoe (bob, hehe), came up to surprise me!!! it was too awesome for words...i dont remember if he ever got the spoon???

then elvislegs (sean) and phillycheese (phil) walk up..TOO COOL!!!!!

WE WENT BOULDERING (with the spoon)

i think we spept for 3 hours b4 sunrise....out of bed we all headed for inner city...

CLIMBED... to be continued cause i am soooo tierd, and need some semblance of sleep and warmth for the night...

pfc-monty, i didnt hook up with you at the airport after security...hehe, thet took my excess lighters from me (f---ers from SLC, always get booty from me!!!)

OMG, that reminds me, you have a couple draws left on "tribal boundries" you still must recover, sorry, i was looking at sweet ass on another route..oops!!! BTW...it WAS not me who left those draws...ahem, james!!!

2 lighter max. from SLC...FYI!!!

i have not even begun to tell the tales of phillychesse and elvislegs...WHO FRIGGIN ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

[ This Message was edited by: climbinganne on 2002-10-12 08:40 ]

climbinganne

Oct 8, 2002, 2:13 PM
Post #2 of 44 (8292 views)
Shortcut

CITY OF ROCKS...the aftermath [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

i almost forget were i was....

bshaftoe...what a GREAT guy...shoot they ALL were!!!!!

nailzz...thanks sooooo much for the 'aid' climb hahahahahaha....and litedawg thought i did it clean...hehe!! tony i loved karen!!! and can hardly wait to hook up with her again!! thanks for intro-ing us!! and please send me her info so i can contact her!!

and sorry i went to bed so early that nite guys., i was informed that you all did show up, but i was beat from the two hours sleep the night b4.

so on sunday...we all headed for inner city...the 'new' guide book calls it center city (WHATEVER!!!)

elvislegs led 'too much fun' a sweet 5.8 on bumblie rock...then philly went up then aluvasjack then me...we had a PARTY on top and a photo op...i taught them a new knot and i rapped down...got tangled up in a tree and untagled that crappy rope we borrowed from leanybean...there was a nice knot in it about 25 feet from the ground....it really was too much fun!!!!!

pfc-monty led mickie's six for the newbie kids from twin falls while we were up there...such sweet kids they were...you will hear me say it over and over...cause it is sooooo true!!!

i never did get to tie up with shaft that day...all these 'locals' and none of them had ever been to city b4...it was amazing to look at their faces and see the joy of being at that spiritual granite haven...i loved seeing the awe in their faces!!!

so as usual...i get me and elvislegs and philly lost...hehe

so off we were to parkinglot rock...to face the demons of my past...

i think i will let elvis and philly tell that mini epic story

but lemme say i left city and parking lot rock with moose drool and a smile on my face!!!

i loved all of you!!!!!!

thanks for the best weekend!!!

elvislegs

Oct 8, 2002, 2:46 PM
Post #3 of 44 (8292 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Yeah what a weekend, so much fun, but a few quick notes for those of you planning on climbing with Anne:

1. NEVER, under any cirumstance, allow her to "lead" you anywhere. You will get there, eventually, but not before you end up bushwhacking down some God forsaken gully into a 5.6 slab down climb with a forty pound pack on.

2. Never allow her to follow a route you just lead, in her Teva's. She will only lord it over you and mock your user name by integrateing the word "sissy" into it. (i.e. "sissycheese" "sissylegs" etc. etc.)

3. Make sure you know the "biner brake" rappell rig. You may need it. (I have been practicing since I got home)

All kidding aside, we had a blast at the city, and a very very small, not-so-epic, on an easy practice trad route we were on for fun. The middle of the night bouldering was a highlite, and the wine that Anne brought was maybe the best I have ever had. Aluva and her jack, pfcmonty, bshaftoe, et al, you are all very cool people, hope to do this again someday.

climbinganne

Oct 8, 2002, 2:58 PM
Post #4 of 44 (8292 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

friggin SISSY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

next time sean..ill set up a top rope for your downclimb....

[ This Message was edited by: climbinganne on 2002-10-08 08:00 ]

climbinganne

Oct 8, 2002, 3:02 PM
Post #5 of 44 (8292 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

BTW....use a munter hitch...PLEASE!!!!!

[ This Message was edited by: climbinganne on 2002-10-08 08:17 ]

rwaltermyer

Oct 8, 2002, 3:26 PM
Post #6 of 44 (8292 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

i'm waiting for pictures anne!

pfc-monty
Deleted

Oct 8, 2002, 3:48 PM
Post #7 of 44 (8292 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

The trip was outstanding, I have never met so many cool people at one time. climbinganne was the best, but she does seem to get lost an awful lot. The Roberts were both really cool and though I didn't really tie in with a whole bunch of people, being around all those climbers was kinda weird for me. All the climbs that I hopped on were excellent and I would recomend any of them. Here they are
Friday
Wheat Thin
Pygmies Got stoned
Thursday
Theater of Shadows
Central Steppes of Asia
Friday
Mickies Six
Tribal Boundries

I couldn't fininsh Tribal boundries though the thin crux shut me down big time.

climbinganne

Oct 8, 2002, 4:08 PM
Post #8 of 44 (8292 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

me lost??????? no...just showning all of you the beauty of inner city...that's all!!!!!

hey everyone...that chick i told you about from cali that i sat with on the plane on the way out...FOUND MY BOOK!!!!!!

she e-mailed me and is returning it....TOO COOL!!!!!!!!!!

Thank You, Mercedes...YOU ROCK!!!!

[ This Message was edited by: climbinganne on 2002-10-08 13:01 ]

elvislegs

Oct 8, 2002, 4:13 PM
Post #9 of 44 (8292 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Better yet Anne:

pfc-monty
Deleted

Oct 8, 2002, 4:54 PM
Post #10 of 44 (8292 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Anne it is sooo cool that you are going to get your guide back.

climbinganne

Oct 8, 2002, 5:13 PM
Post #11 of 44 (8292 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

elvis:

always a GOOD thing!!!!!!!

but i guess i should add what a gentleman you were...

yes folks, for the first and last time (hopefully) i left my atc/locker at the bottom of the climb...with my shoes...and sean wouldn't let me rap on a locker, he insisted i take his reverso

What a GUY!!!!!

and then i tied it and sent it back up to him...you really are a sweetheart...you too philly....errr, sissycheese!!!

yup kurt...very cool!!!!
and thanks for letting philly, elvis and me borrow yours!!!!

[ This Message was edited by: climbinganne on 2002-10-08 10:16 ]

climbinganne

Oct 8, 2002, 6:32 PM
Post #12 of 44 (8292 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

BTW...elvislegs...you THEIF...enjoy my old locking biner...as a reminder of a really great trip!!!!

punk

Oct 8, 2002, 7:16 PM
Post #13 of 44 (8292 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Elvis ,
So u also met Anne huh,
I just have to add make sure she have a headlamp in her bag and check and recheck her knots belay device harness and locking biners
She seems to like soloing with full gear and rope attaching to the wrong places
But she can climb!!!
Good to see its not only me

climbinganne

Oct 8, 2002, 7:21 PM
Post #14 of 44 (8292 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

punk: you know i love you regardless of your smack!!!!

toobigtoclimb

Oct 8, 2002, 7:51 PM
Post #15 of 44 (8292 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

That sounds like fun!

You are a maniac.

climbinganne

Oct 8, 2002, 8:02 PM
Post #16 of 44 (8292 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

moi???? , brian...yopu know better than that!!!

punk

Oct 8, 2002, 8:19 PM
Post #17 of 44 (8292 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Yes its another night climbing with Anne

timpanogos

Oct 8, 2002, 8:53 PM
Post #18 of 44 (8292 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Well, I got to the city Friday late afternoon, as it cleared up a bit, and found the crew at Elephant rock. It was great to meet everyone. Had a great day sat. with Tony, Karen, Chris, Trevor and Corey. We hiked in at did Lost Arrow.

I jumped on the first lead, I had been wanting to start doing some 5.7 trad leads, and this was it - about chickened out on a run out section where you could not see where the supposed pins were, but mustered my resovle, commited and went for the gusto .... ye haw, when the pins appeared to sight, what a relief - must have been about a 15' vertical runout with an additional 10' to 15' of penalty horizontal traversal added. 2nd Pitch as a 5.5, but very exposed and exciting - the fun was not yet over - the climb ends with a 5.13 rap (if they rated raps)! Finally got the wife on the rock. Her and my daughter did climbs on practice rock. Sunday, my cold really caught up with me - but it was a great trip.

elvislegs

Oct 8, 2002, 9:13 PM
Post #19 of 44 (8292 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Yeah Punk, she kept telling us that you would love to hear the story, and have a few of your own to tell.

coreyr

Oct 8, 2002, 9:34 PM
Post #20 of 44 (8292 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Timpanagos, nice lead on Lost Arrow. That had to be one of the best climbs. Beautiful views and great people to be with. Thanks everyone! Check out the picture I took of Chris Anthony (dabizon) leading "Margin Walker" 5.11b on Mushroom rock after we climbed Lost Arrow.
Go into view new photos.

[ This Message was edited by: coreyr on 2002-10-08 14:36 ]

pfc-monty
Deleted

Oct 8, 2002, 9:50 PM
Post #21 of 44 (8292 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I didn't have any epics you know why? I check my buddies before I climb. I forgot to say that the crux of my weekend was recovering from my irish wiskey hangover.

climbinganne

Oct 8, 2002, 10:54 PM
Post #22 of 44 (8292 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

hahahahaha...and to think k9rocko missed all this fun

and chad...so you met me on friday night then ran away??????

timpanogos

Oct 8, 2002, 11:00 PM
Post #23 of 44 (8292 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Just too much woman for me I guess
Actually we came back to your camp a couple of times, checked the board sunday to see where everyone was climbing, just never re-connected.

aluvasjack

Oct 9, 2002, 1:31 AM
Post #24 of 44 (8292 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey anne were you check'n out my girl!!??? Say'n she's got a nice rack.....but it is true! Yep, yep, yep!
Anyways i had a blast meeting and climbing with ya all!!! I loved that climb on sunday anne!!! Thanks for not giving us an option on what to climb or even wether or not to climb that day. I thank you so much!!!! I had tons of fun!!!!

climbinganne

Oct 9, 2002, 2:06 AM
Post #25 of 44 (8292 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

hehe...you think i was gonna let you leave without a few more climbs under your belt...heck no my dear friend!!!!

i really had a blast meeting and hanging with you and sheeba and all of your friends...

and you turned me onto ELK!!!!!!!

i am known nationwide as a lover of beef...that was fantastic i expect it everytime i visit your beautiful state

and chad...hahahahahahahaa...you are too cool...i really was bummed not being able to tie up with you or sara...and i'm sorry to hear about your cold, maybe you should have wrapped yourself up in a teddy bear blankie on friday night!!!

[ This Message was edited by: climbinganne on 2002-10-08 19:15 ]

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : Trip Reports

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook