Forums: Community: Campground:
Klownjaya's sulking thread....
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 ... 3888 Next page Last page  View All

caughtinside

Oct 19, 2007, 3:51 AM
Post #33001 of 97182 (3344 views)
Shortcut

Re: [artm] 24/7 "Where's your crown King Nothing?" Coffee. [In reply to]
Report this Post

artm wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
artm wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
artm wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
It looks like I may end up at Indian Creke for thanksgiving now.
I'm honestly disappointed but have fun.

Yeah me too but logistically I think this will be easier. Driving out, one partinero the whole time, maybe meet up with some peeps out there. I would like to do more sport climbing though.
Come on out to NJC and climb anytime Jack, Jay or I would gladly give you a tour.

I would. Problem is is that NJC is a 7 hour drive. Tuff for a weekend, and not so 'senic' that I feel like I'd be inspired to camp out for a week.

Man, I havent' been to Owens in a while... I like that place.
Owen's I'd be down with ORG.
Happy's and Sad's too!

I just got my brand spanking new digital camera dropped off by UPS today. It's only 7.2 megapixels but it's so much better than my crappy 2 mp camera.
I'm gonna have some sweet sweet pics from thailand this year.

Sweet. Check them off in your guidebook and upload shots to MP.

caughtinside

Oct 19, 2007, 3:52 AM
Post #33002 of 97182 (3341 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

artm wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
artm wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
artm wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

Yeah me too but logistically I think this will be easier. Driving out, one partinero the whole time, maybe meet up with some peeps out there. I would like to do more sport climbing though.
Come on out to NJC and climb anytime Jack, Jay or I would gladly give you a tour.

I would. Problem is is that NJC is a 7 hour drive. Tuff for a weekend, and not so 'senic' that I feel like I'd be inspired to camp out for a week.

You could always get a cheap flight into Ontario on friday nite, I could stop and pick you up on the way to barstow and drop you off for a flight home on Sunday.

That is true. That might work for a weekend some time. I'll have to check flight prices for that run.

caughtinside

Oct 19, 2007, 3:54 AM
Post #33003 of 97182 (3499 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

artm wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
artm wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
artm wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

I usually prefer to have one partner but things just don't usually work out that way. Currently it's kind of nice having a Krew to climb with because it guarentees that I don't have to do the weekly "can you go climbing dance".

Never had a crew meself. Seems like it would be great, so long as it wasn't too big and everyone is more or less on the same page. My partners tend to have different objectives these days. Some don't mind projects, some do, some like crag x, some like crag y. And very few of them seem to be able to pull off a fun trip these days.
I used to have a pretty tight trad crew but we jjust kind of broke apart. The sport climbing crew is a lot more focused and isn't very large, Jack, C-ya, Jay, Anna, the Mangler and me. We also have a tendency to break up into smaller groupings and work different projects in the same area which is nice.
Right now NJC is "No Jack City" Jay and I are working on a 12a which he should redpoint his next burn or two and Anna just rp'd her nemesis 11c right next to it last weekend on her first burn sunday. Which reminds me, I am no longer going to belay Jay or Anna on their projects because whenever I do they send. I think they are afraid of me belaying them.

Good climbing partners you climb with for years is really the crux of climbing. Life has a nasty habit of getting in the way. I've lost partners to injury, marriage, jobs, moving, and quitting.

Partner artm

Oct 19, 2007, 3:55 AM
Post #33004 of 97182 (3499 views)
Shortcut

Re: [caughtinside] 24/7 "Where's your crown King Nothing?" Coffee. [In reply to]
Report this Post

caughtinside wrote:
artm wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
artm wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
artm wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

Happy's and Sad's too!

I just got my brand spanking new digital camera dropped off by UPS today. It's only 7.2 megapixels but it's so much better than my crappy 2 mp camera.

Last year Char loaded everything into her myspace blog so people could follow along. I had this travelpod log to do this same with but I kept forgetting to take pictures of things.
This year is gonna be different, I'm gonna take a lot more photos if possible.

Partner artm

Oct 19, 2007, 3:56 AM
Post #33005 of 97182 (3496 views)
Shortcut

Re: [caughtinside] 24/7 "Where's your crown King Nothing?" Coffee. [In reply to]
Report this Post

caughtinside wrote:
artm wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
artm wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
artm wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

You could always get a cheap flight into Ontario on friday nite, I could stop and pick you up on the way to barstow and drop you off for a flight home on Sunday.

That is true. That might work for a weekend some time. I'll have to check flight prices for that run.
Southwest has some bargain flights occasionally

Partner artm

Oct 19, 2007, 3:58 AM
Post #33006 of 97182 (3494 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

caughtinside wrote:
artm wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
artm wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
artm wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

I usually prefer to have one partner but things just don't usually work out that way. Currently it's kind of nice having a Krew to climb with because it guarentees that I don't have to do the weekly "can you go climbing dance".

Never had a crew meself. Seems like it would be great, so long as it wasn't too big and everyone is more or less on the same page. My partners tend to have different objectives these days. Some don't mind projects, some do, some like crag x, some like crag y. And very few of them seem to be able to pull off a fun trip these days.
I used to have a pretty tight trad crew but we jjust kind of broke apart. The sport climbing crew is a lot more focused and isn't very large, Jack, C-ya, Jay, Anna, the Mangler and me. We also have a tendency to break up into smaller groupings and work different projects in the same area which is nice.
Right now NJC is "No Jack City" Jay and I are working on a 12a which he should redpoint his next burn or two and Anna just rp'd her nemesis 11c right next to it last weekend on her first burn sunday. Which reminds me, I am no longer going to belay Jay or Anna on their projects because whenever I do they send. I think they are afraid of me belaying them.

Good climbing partners you climb with for years is really the crux of climbing. Life has a nasty habit of getting in the way. I've lost partners to injury, marriage, jobs, moving, and quitting.
Meditative partner post for the win!

I've lost partners due to fact that I am an asshole, they are major flakes, moving out of the country, quitting, injury, loss of motivation, and death.

caughtinside

Oct 19, 2007, 3:59 AM
Post #33007 of 97182 (3492 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

artm wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
artm wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
artm wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
artm wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

Happy's and Sad's too!

Last year Char loaded everything into her myspace blog so people could follow along. I had this travelpod log to do this same with but I kept forgetting to take pictures of things.
This year is gonna be different, I'm gonna take a lot more photos if possible.

The guys I was climbing with ran a blog, but I was too lazy. I think I checked the net 5 or 6 times in 3 weeks. I posted once or twice to RC. It' be a lot of work to run a blog from over there! Internetz is slow.

caughtinside

Oct 19, 2007, 4:01 AM
Post #33008 of 97182 (3490 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

artm wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
artm wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
artm wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
artm wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

I've lost partners due to fact that I am an asshole, they are major flakes, moving out of the country, quitting, injury, loss of motivation, and death.

Hmm, none of my partners have died yet. But that might change next time out with zeke. I KUTZ DA ROP3!!Pirate

Partner artm

Oct 19, 2007, 4:02 AM
Post #33009 of 97182 (3489 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

caughtinside wrote:
artm wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
artm wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
artm wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
artm wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

Hmm, none of my partners have died yet. But that might change next time out with zeke. I KUTZ DA ROP3!!Pirate
KUTZ D ROP3 Z3K3 D13Z!!!11!!!

YAAAAAAAAAY!1!!!!

snoopy138

Oct 19, 2007, 4:32 AM
Post #33010 of 97182 (3487 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dr_feelgood] 24/7 "Where's your crown King Nothing?" Coffee. [In reply to]
Report this Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
Looks like not everyone has noticed that the hamster is back on his wheel in the server.

yeah, what the fuck happened this morning?

snoopy138

Oct 19, 2007, 4:34 AM
Post #33011 of 97182 (3485 views)
Shortcut

Re: [zeke_sf] 24/7 "Where's your crown King Nothing?" Coffee. [In reply to]
Report this Post

zeke_sf wrote:
Yesterday we were discussing literature...then Art came along and started speaking kratoy gibberish and inflating climbing grades. When, Lawd, when's gonna be time to leave this Satan's garden?

Zeke, speaking of literature, are you adding Gravity's Rainbow to the list. I think so far as pompousness and excessive length goes, it's up there with anything else.

snoopy138

Oct 19, 2007, 4:36 AM
Post #33012 of 97182 (3481 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

artm wrote:
zeke_sf wrote:
Yesterday we were discussing literature...then Art came along and started speaking kratoy gibberish and inflating climbing grades. When, Lawd, when's gonna be time to leave this Satan's garden?
You're changing the story, I never mentioned climbing grades and when I do I will sandbag the grade like jack taught me to?

how did jack so completely fail to teach this to jay?

snoopy138

Oct 19, 2007, 4:39 AM
Post #33013 of 97182 (3479 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

caughtinside wrote:
artm wrote:
artm wrote:
artm wrote:
poor caughtinside, life must be rough as the love slave of zeke_sf Lotus Turtle the ghey butt pirate?
His name is caughtinside, he is the love slave of Lotus Turtle the ghey butt pirate
Dave and Zach are not responding to my taunting......this disappoints me a little?

I am so disappointed in you loozers.......wait, no I am not?

Those are pretty feeble taunts.

Art, I hate to break it to you but I agree with CI. These posts are not funny or especially insulting.

snoopy138

Oct 19, 2007, 4:42 AM
Post #33014 of 97182 (3476 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

artm wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
artm wrote:
climbs4fun wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
climbs4fun wrote:
snipety snipe snipe snipe

I wasn't trying for the run.

but good work sniping anyway from the sub-5k mod.

I think I was trying to snipe the new guy. But who cares about my post count. I'm ok with it. Just means I have a so called life outside of the "site"
whatever, you know we're all posting from work anyway?
But we know you're not?

I don't post from work either.
too bad for you, your pc++ is suffering

Yeah, I still manage to get 25+ everyday.

caughtinside

Oct 19, 2007, 4:42 AM
Post #33015 of 97182 (3474 views)
Shortcut

Re: [chossmonkey] 24/7 "Where's your crown King Nothing?" Coffee. [In reply to]
Report this Post

http://www.rockclimbing.com/...;;page=unread#unread

Vote in the poll if you haven't already snoop.

snoopy138

Oct 19, 2007, 4:43 AM
Post #33016 of 97182 (3472 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

caughtinside wrote:

have you been there before? definitely climb the K-I on castleton, and if you're in shape do fine jade as well.

snoopy138

Oct 19, 2007, 4:44 AM
Post #33017 of 97182 (3470 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

artm wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
artm wrote:
artm wrote:
Whhooo!!!
Stolen PTFW!!!
See how it absolutely doesn't matter anymore?

It shows how much you care.

But it was very un-Lotus Turtle.

His name was Lotus Turtle.

Stealing page turns creates an irrebuttable presumption that you care.
Does not

As king, I have made this the rule.

ART CAREZ.

snoopy138

Oct 19, 2007, 4:44 AM
Post #33018 of 97182 (3468 views)
Shortcut

Re: [snoopy138] 24/7 "Where's your crown King Nothing?" Coffee. [In reply to]
Report this Post

snoopy138 wrote:
artm wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
artm wrote:
artm wrote:
Whhooo!!!
Stolen PTFW!!!
See how it absolutely doesn't matter anymore?

It shows how much you care.

But it was very un-Lotus Turtle.

His name was Lotus Turtle.

Stealing page turns creates an irrebuttable presumption that you care.
Does not

As king, I have made this the rule guideline.

ART CAREZ.

(This post was edited by snoopy138 on Oct 19, 2007, 4:45 AM)

snoopy138

Oct 19, 2007, 4:47 AM
Post #33019 of 97182 (3463 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

artm wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
artm wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

That's pretty much what I have to do every week. This week I'm going to joshua tree with dave.

snoopy138

Oct 19, 2007, 4:51 AM
Post #33020 of 97182 (3459 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

artm wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
artm wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
artm wrote:
caughtinside wrote:
artm wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

I've been climbing with dave for 3+ years now. If he decides to have a kid or move to Austin that will be the end of that.

snoopy138

Oct 19, 2007, 4:53 AM
Post #33021 of 97182 (3456 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

caughtinside wrote:

Nobody thinks zeke or I is the kratoy.

I really like that boulder problem, good choice for my picture. It's super-easy, but very enjoyable. I do it every time I'm in the Echo Cove area.

caughtinside

Oct 19, 2007, 4:54 AM
Post #33022 of 97182 (3454 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

have you been there before? definitely climb the K-I on castleton, and if you're in shape do fine jade as well.

I'll have to give those a look. Never been there.

caughtinside

Oct 19, 2007, 4:55 AM
Post #33023 of 97182 (3451 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

I really like that boulder problem, good choice for my picture. It's super-easy, but very enjoyable. I do it every time I'm in the Echo Cove area.

I wanted to use the mEATBOMBz the bar one cause it's funny and you can see your face, but I was too lazy to look for it.

snoopy138

Oct 19, 2007, 4:58 AM
Post #33024 of 97182 (3449 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

I'll have to give those a look. Never been there.

The Kor-Ingalls is a good break from the shredding your hands will get at the creek. I didn't do Fine Jade, but it looks sweet. If you're moving fast, I bet you could do K-I, N Chimney (or N Face), and Fine Jade in a day. We did K-I and NC as a group of 3 and were done by 5.

If you need a real rest day for your hands, go to the Fishers and do Stolen Chimney.

snoopy138

Oct 19, 2007, 4:59 AM
Post #33025 of 97182 (3446 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

caughtinside wrote:
snoopy138 wrote:
caughtinside wrote:

I wanted to use the mEATBOMBz the bar one cause it's funny and you can see your face, but I was too lazy to look for it.

First page Previous page 1 ... 1317 1318 1319 1320 1321 1322 1323 1324 1325 ... 3888 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook