Oct 10, 2001, 3:08 AM
Post #1 of 21 (2279 views)
Shortcut

rrradam ???
Report this Post
Can't Post

"I have no respect for the way you belittle people."
(rrradam to manboy)

"Just a FYI... Ya know there's actually a difference of about 40 I.Q. points between an Imbicile and a Moron"
(rrradam to newbieclimber)

Mike

Partner rrrADAM

Oct 10, 2001, 3:11 AM
Post #2 of 21 (2279 views)
Shortcut

rrradam ??? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I won't respond...

Reread your hate Reply to 'Iran's Manager'.
http://www.rockclimbing.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=3324&forum=16&0

rrrADAM

[ This Message was edited by: rrradam on 2001-10-09 20:14 ]

newbieclimber

Oct 10, 2001, 3:45 AM
Post #3 of 21 (2279 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

huh? it wasnt written with hateful feelings, and i don't believe it expresses any hate. i guess if you were a leader of iran or any of the other countries i mentioned i could see how you might not like someone advocating your ouster. i just expressed the opinion that they should be removed from power. if someone tells you they dont like president bush and their going to vote for another candidate next election do you call them hateful and belittle them? i think my post clearly expressed my opinion that hate repression and intolerance should not be allowed by terrorists and governments alike and that nato should do something about it so that more things like sept 11 dont happen. i would imagine that the people subjected to the repressive governments i mentioned would welcome a democracy including blackjack. as for my comments about israel i dont think those were hateful or one sided either. i believe nato should set up a palestinian state like they did for israel and then enforce peace.

(note how I can argue a point of view without personally attacking you.)

mike

[ This Message was edited by: newbieclimber on 2001-10-09 20:53 ]

kagunkie

Oct 10, 2001, 3:51 AM
Post #4 of 21 (2279 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I think the "banished one" has returned.

Partner pianomahnn

Oct 10, 2001, 4:13 AM
Post #5 of 21 (2279 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Knock it off. Now.

This kind of childish f'n pathetic behavior isn't going to happen around here.

ENOUGH!!

Partner rrrADAM

Oct 10, 2001, 5:44 AM
Post #6 of 21 (2279 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

newbie,

My intent was not to slam you. You have a right to your opinions, and you stated them eloquently. However, you chose to attach your disertation to a post from a person from Iran that was putting his hand out to all of us in a show of friendship.

My opinion is that is you chose to put it in the wrong place. How do you think the person to whom you replied would feel if he'd read that ???

~Adam
p.s. To the person who deleted the above mentioned Reply... Thank You.

[ This Message was edited by: rrradam on 2001-10-09 22:52 ]

Partner pianomahnn

Oct 10, 2001, 5:46 AM
Post #7 of 21 (2279 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

/me sits in the corner with a water balloon waiting to cool down this thread

newbieclimber

Oct 10, 2001, 7:15 AM
Post #8 of 21 (2279 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

How do you think the person to whom you replied would feel if he'd read that ???

hopeful because someone out in the free world is thinking about the opressed people of iran and is publicly bringing attention to that fact so she doesnt get so frustrated that she feels she has to blow people up to bring attention to the problem.

glad that people arent condeming islam as a whole but rather fanatics from all religions who think killing is a legitimate means to an end.

happy that nato may be coming to free the iranian people from the tyranny they have suffered at the hands of religious fanatics who have supported terrorism for many years

surprised that not everyone is so blindly pro israel that they cannot see the suffering of the palestinians

appreciative of the fact she was not personally attacked just for being from iran or being a muslim

angry and hateful if he is part of the power structure that supports repression degredation of women torture rape and murder in the name of religion

ps yeah i kind of realized i was disertating at the end so i finished up with "blah blah blah" so people would know i was lost

mike

[ This Message was edited by: newbieclimber on 2001-10-10 00:17 ]

[ This Message was edited by: newbieclimber on 2001-10-10 00:22 ]

[ This Message was edited by: newbieclimber on 2001-10-10 00:27 ]

Partner pianomahnn

Oct 10, 2001, 2:15 PM
Post #9 of 21 (2279 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Our way of live doesn't work for everyone else.

That's what's wrong with our foreign policy.

newbieclimber

Oct 10, 2001, 3:22 PM
Post #10 of 21 (2279 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

so once your country is free you advocate turning your back on other people in other countrys who also want freedom? or do you think that because repressive religious leaders dont want freedom its the will of the people? generally mankind desires freedom. freedom to worship how they want and to think and express their thoughts without fear of government reprisal but the modern reality of geopolitics is that if you have the guns you have control and there isnt much a native population can do about it. its not the same as 100 years ago when a majority of like minded people in a country could rise up against their leadership and establish their own government. today the funding needed for weapons that can put a terrorized indigeneous population on equal footing with a government arsenal is staggering. who is going to help those people? the free world and nato should and can help them.

our way of life may not work for other people but having the freedom to express their own way of life as long as it doesnt harm others is a right all people should have

mike

climberchk

Oct 10, 2001, 6:38 PM
Post #11 of 21 (2279 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I agree. Good point k6fer. I vote we all sing Kum-ba-yah!

Partner pianomahnn

Oct 10, 2001, 7:29 PM
Post #12 of 21 (2279 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

It's take a Nation's own people to change it, not the people of another Nation.

American ways are not the ways of much of the world, and we need to realize that. Change isn't always for the better.

Partner rrrADAM

Oct 11, 2001, 3:27 AM
Post #13 of 21 (2279 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

kr6er,

Unfortunately, my mouth gets a little ferocious when I reply about something I'm passionate about. So I have slammed a few peeps here in response to posts I felt were unjust or condescending.

I need to count to 1,000 before I respond sometimes.

rrrADAM

fiend

Oct 11, 2001, 5:29 AM
Post #14 of 21 (2279 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

hehe, I have gotten half way through so many replies before deleting them. Deep breaths and "I don't need to add to the problem" help me feel better about just not responding sometimes.

I have to say that I didn't think post in question was at all appropriate. The gist of it was that blackjack offered his assistance in climbing and the reply was about the military coming in and ridding the country of our percieved evil. (I'm not saying that the evil isn't real but without firsthand experience....well, CNN doesn't always give you the whole picture.)

And that was why I deleted it. As well stated as it may have been, it was completely innapropriate.

As a side note, I'm glad the discussion on this topic hasn't been reduced to belittleing and insults. There's nothing wrong with heated discussion, sometimes they're the best kind. Just remember that no one person's opinion is the end of the story, well, unless it's my opinion

jds100

Oct 12, 2001, 1:46 AM
Post #15 of 21 (2279 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Mike (newbie),

The biggest problem with your post to our Iranian member is that you don't know him personally. So, you may well have been insulting and verbally attacking an individual who agrees with much of your political viewpoint. This is not the place for that. The fact that the internet allows for such contact between individual citizens of countries, whose governments may not view such contact as entirely desirable, is something to take advantage of, not abuse. At the very least, your post (I did read it) indifferently swept past his personal invitation and desire to be part of a global community, and proceeded on to a political diatribe. Do you think you helped him see you and/or the U.S. as a friendly and potentially helpful ally for the future, or did you stereotype him and all Iranians into a simplistic two-dimensional locus of anti-democratic ideology?

Shame on you. I hope he didn't read your post.

[ This Message was edited by: jds100 on 2001-10-11 18:47 ]

newbieclimber

Oct 12, 2001, 2:40 AM
Post #16 of 21 (2279 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

jds100: The biggest problem with your post to our Iranian member is that you don't know him personally.

aaaaaah ic. i apologize for replying to a post written by someone i didnt know.

Partner pianomahnn

Oct 12, 2001, 5:32 AM
Post #17 of 21 (2279 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Stop being ignorant.

Partner rrrADAM

Oct 12, 2001, 6:08 AM
Post #18 of 21 (2279 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm counting to 1,000 piano.

rrrADAM

Partner pianomahnn

Oct 12, 2001, 6:11 AM
Post #19 of 21 (2279 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Do it in greek, it will take longer.

jds100

Oct 13, 2001, 8:53 PM
Post #20 of 21 (2279 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Pianomahnn: he could help the ignorant part by taking the time to read, listen, and learn. I don't know if there's anything to be done about his arrogance.

Newbie: the point you completely failed to grasp is that your reply had nothing whatsoever to do with his posting; it only had to do with where he lives. Can you not understand the difference between being rude to an individual, and expressing opinions about a government in the appropriate venue? Your reply is the near equivalent of holding all individuals Muslims accountable for the events of Sept. 11. Urinating is perfectly acceptable, too, in the right place, but can be quite rude elsewhere.

Don't worry, Pianomahnn, I'm not going to continue beating a dead horse.

[ This Message was edited by: jds100 on 2001-10-13 13:58 ]

jds100

Oct 13, 2001, 9:11 PM
Post #21 of 21 (2279 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

By the way, I have an awful lot of respect for this gentleman from Iran, who has written so well in a language so very foreign to him.

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook