Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next page Last page  View All

moof

Dec 9, 2007, 10:03 PM
Post #126 of 128 (5566 views)
Shortcut

Re: [holdplease2] Trango Russian Aider system? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

The taco stand is down for upgrades at the moment, so I'm posting a few pics of mine for grins and giggles.

Two are shown. The orange are the ones I've used on my 9 assorted wall attempts. They are rev 3. They are heavily based of the kung fu aider design, but I went for a different stirrup and I'm less afraid of my own sewing than the kung fu guy.

The blue one is my most recent attempt. I think it was John Mac who questioned if skyhook could be used. I originally said no, but then after tinkering with scraps of webbing and a vice I came up with rev 4. I prefer the cunch buckles, but I'm fresh out, so I went with the double back style. Both have 3" wide 1/4" closed cell foam that is pretty cush, without being too bulky. In rev 4 I've moved the buckle further forward as rev 3's location (right on the outside of the calf) resulted in excess rubbing on the rock right at the cinch bar.

I'll likely beat on the hook some to make it lower profile, but it looks like it will work pretty well. I also obviously still need to cut the webbing ends to size.

jc5462

Dec 15, 2007, 12:42 PM
Post #127 of 128 (5514 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jc5462] Trango Russian Aider system? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

update: I have hook samples on order, so I am going to try and get working on these soon. Planning to implement improvements such as Pete mentioned in his post. If you all have any ideas or suggestions please let me know.

moof

Dec 16, 2007, 5:06 AM
Post #128 of 128 (5465 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jc5462] Trango Russian Aider system? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Wanna share your hook info? I've got some wire hooks I'm looking at (http://www.strapworks.com/Wire_Hook_p/sswh.htm. I bought a dozen, but I ran out of buckles to tinker with, they should be in Tuesday. Still not a great hook IMO, but less prone to opening up than the cliff hangers at least.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Big Wall and Aid Climbing

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook