Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
New Climber
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

AppyClimber

Jan 6, 2008, 11:50 PM
Post #1 of 6 (3174 views)
Shortcut

New Climber  (North_America: United_States: Ohio: Northeast_Ohio: Logtown_Quarries)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hi, I wanted to start climbing and there aren't really any gyms to start at. How should I start climbing here. Should I just come out and hope somebodys there or should I just start climbing with assitence from books. I don't really have anybody to teach me. Any requests will be apprediated
In reply to:

m_o_n_s_t_e_r

Jan 11, 2008, 1:15 AM
Post #2 of 6 (3140 views)
Shortcut

Re: [AppyClimber] New Climber [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Theres only a few gyms in northeast ohio. Kendall cliffs and the cleveland rock gym are near me. I've never climbed at logtown but I plan on it in the next few weeks, weather permitting. Whipps ledges in hinckley is sweet. start at one of these places and have fun.peacePirate

AppyClimber

Jan 12, 2008, 1:24 AM
Post #3 of 6 (3103 views)
Shortcut

Re: [m_o_n_s_t_e_r] New Climber [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Thank you monster

lena_chita

Jan 12, 2008, 2:34 AM
Post #4 of 6 (3082 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Well, when it is warmer, there is a decent chance that someone would be climbing at Logtown pretty much any weekend, and since most folks there are really very nice, they probably wouldn't say no if you ask to try climbing once on someone's toprope.

But you can't expect people to alter their climbing plans for the day and start teaching you on the spot just because you wandered up to them and started asking questions.

And anyway, right now, weather being what it is, finding someone there would be hit or miss. Local people still go, if it isn't too cold and wet, but IMO just wandering there on a weekend afternoon won't be a very efficient way of looking for climbers.

Also, it is more likely that peole who are there would be just bouldering instead of climbing with ropes this time of the year.

So your best bet would be to head to the gym, either Kendall or CRG, depending on where you are, and wait until spring to try climbing outside. That way you'll likely meet people, too, and will have someone to go with by springtime.

AppyClimber

Jan 12, 2008, 4:04 PM
Post #5 of 6 (3045 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lena_chita] New Climber [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Thankyou

smitty5225

May 14, 2008, 12:05 AM
Post #6 of 6 (2817 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

appyclimber....i visited logtown alot. however, my climbing partner moved out west and left high and dry. i get to do some sport out there but not like i used to. if you ever feel the need for climbing, i go out and boulder there and could show you a few things to help get you started.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook