Where is this?
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

trevor
Anonymous Poster

Jul 5, 2001, 10:01 AM
Post #1 of 6 (2146 views)
Shortcut

Where is this?  (North_America: United_States: Utah: Salt_Lake_-_Utah_Counties: Little_Rock_Canyon)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I'm a local and I don't know where Little Rock Canyon is. Is this the same as Rock Canyon that is above the temple? If not how do I get there?

bold
Deleted

Nov 26, 2001, 8:51 AM
Post #2 of 6 (2146 views)
Shortcut

Where is this? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Ok trevor it would be nice if you and whoever does the editing would be cool about s--- and not lock forums,make smart ass remarks, and also just plain and simply be nice.

barney_89012

May 29, 2002, 4:17 AM
Post #3 of 6 (2146 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I still dont know where this place is. Is it the boulder under the bad bananas wall? If so, there is a problem harder than V4.

rogerhop

Oct 21, 2002, 4:45 PM
Post #4 of 6 (2146 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

'Little' Rock Canyon is located about 2 to 3 miles north of the main 'Rock Canyon' which is located behind the Temple. Most people will refer to Little Rock Canyon as the smaller canyon that you look down at when you drive up Squaw Peak road to the Provo overlook (Accessed from about 2 miles up Provo canyon). The 'Squaw Peak Overlook' looks down on an area known to locals as 'The Trees', and this is right above Little Rock Canyon. The best way to get to Little Rock Canyon is to drive North on Timpview Drive (650 East) in Provo until you get to Timpview High School, at which point you will turn right (East) and head up to the top of Quail Valley Drive (3650 North). At the top of Quail Valley Drive, take a right (on Foothill (heading South)) and drive about 100 feet, then immediately turn left towards the mountains and head up Sherwood Drive. As Sherwood curves to the right (South), you will see 'Little Rock Canyon' right there in sombody's back yard, start looking for a place to park. There are two ways into the canyon from here, either go around to the North of the house, or ask permission from the property owner to go through his back yard. Since the property owner is a friend of mine, and I know how he can be difficult sometimes, I would suggest going around, preferably to the North of his house. Good climbing!!

[ This Message was edited by: rogerhop on 2002-10-21 10:01 ]

[ This Message was edited by: rogerhop on 2002-10-21 10:02 ]

rogerhop

Oct 21, 2002, 4:45 PM
Post #5 of 6 (2146 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

'Little' Rock Canyon is located about 2 to 3 miles north of the main 'Rock Canyon' which is located behind the Temple. Most people will refer to Little Rock Canyon as the smaller canyon that you look down at when you drive up Squaw Peak road to the Provo overlook (Accessed from about 2 miles up Provo canyon). The 'Squaw Peak Overlook' looks down on an area known to locals as 'The Trees', and are right above Little Rock Canyon. The best way to get there is to drive North on Timpview Drive (650 East) in Provo until you get to Timpview High School, at which point you will turn right (East) and head up to the top of Quail Valley Drive. At the top of Quail Valley Drive, take a right (on Foothill (heading South)) and drive about 100 feet, then immediately turn left and head up Sherwood Drive. As Sherwood curves to the right, you will see 'Little Rock Canyon' right there in sombody's back yard. There are to ways into the canyon from the bottom, either go around the house, or ask permission from the property owner to go through his back yard. since the property owner is a friend of mine, and I know how he can be sometimes, I would suggest going around, preferably to the North of his house. Good climbing!!

builttospill

Apr 1, 2004, 3:57 AM
Post #6 of 6 (2146 views)
Shortcut

fiou [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

It's a nice little area, easily accessible.

When you get behind the guys house you are in a narrow little gully, and there are boulder problems on both sides. If you go back further it looks like there could be some good climbing (similar or better than that found in Rock CAnyon)......why isn't this a more popular area? I guess it's not bolted, but it looks like some of the routes could easily be toproped.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook