Forums: Community: Campground:
PeeeGhey Tea shop...less tempting?
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 ... 1002 Next page Last page  View All

dr_feelgood

Feb 18, 2008, 2:30 PM
Post #14726 of 25030 (2212 views)
Shortcut

Re: [obsessed] T3h L4wst & F0wnd [In reply to]
Report this Post

whoo!

obsessed

Feb 18, 2008, 2:30 PM
Post #14727 of 25030 (2211 views)
Shortcut

Re: [chossmonkey] weekend [In reply to]
Report this Post

chossmonkey wrote:
microbarn wrote:
what's the weekend plans....any climbing?

doc, hope your make up date went well today
I took my brother and sister out to try ice climbing. Okel should have come with since the ice probably got really hammered yesterday and last night. 24+ hrs of well above freezing and lots of heavy rain. It wasn't really that good on Sat.

We went to Toronto yesterday and I got another $15 off a previously discounted ice screw and we slipped and slid around on the wet ice all over the sidewalks.

I should have come on Sat, but I didn't know you were going Crazy I did drive by the 403 that night and could see a big hole in the ice. but I also finally saw the 2 gullies you talked about. They were frozen real good

dr_feelgood

Feb 18, 2008, 2:31 PM
Post #14728 of 25030 (2209 views)
Shortcut

Re: [microbarn] vball [In reply to]
Report this Post

microbarn wrote:
last night at the v-ball game I came down on someone's foot and rolled my ankle. My ankle is stiff but fine.

I didn't realize it until I was heading to bed last night, but my wrist that caught my weight after the ankle roll is hurting like a little bitch.

Intensive, active range of motion consistently for the 1st 24 hours is key. That and ice.

obsessed

Feb 18, 2008, 2:31 PM
Post #14729 of 25030 (2209 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dr_feelgood] T3h L4wst & F0wnd [In reply to]
Report this Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
whoo!
bastard.

wanderlustmd

Feb 18, 2008, 2:32 PM
Post #14730 of 25030 (2207 views)
Shortcut

Re: [obsessed] Congrats to the BET [In reply to]
Report this Post

obsessed wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
artm wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
artm wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
Danke.

Skip Rumney, go to Cathedral, Whitehorse and Cannon Cliff!

If you like tradding, that is.

It sounds like they want to clip bolts.
Id rather go to Rumney than those other for a weekend.
Really???
I think I'd get way more done in a short amount of time.

Cathedral has good trad cragging. But you're probably right...
Out of curiousity, what do you lead on gear/sport?
Rock and ice routes mostly.
ha, I mean grades wiseguy. You never spray (a good thing), so you might send 5.1 for all I know.Laugh
He does send 5.1

in approach shoez
And 5.2 and 5.3 and....
I think the best I have done is onsight 11b in my approach shoes.
Better than me, the best I've done in approach shoes is redpoint a 5.11b that I have completely wired.
I lied. I got confused in my aging memory.Crazy

10cBlush

I don't know if that is the hardest I have done OS, but it was the one I was thinking of. Some other guy got all spanked on it and was saying how hard it was. So I did it in my approch shoes to.Cool

I flashed a V4 in approch shoes. Not that counts. Toady always gets pissed when we go boulder and I never put on my climbing shoes.

And for good reason. You get the foot holds all slimed up with crap from your shoez.
And now I will go wash my face from all that spray that just flew out of my computer screen from you.

haha!

dr_feelgood

Feb 18, 2008, 2:32 PM
Post #14731 of 25030 (2205 views)
Shortcut

Re: [obsessed] weekend [In reply to]
Report this Post

obsessed wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
obsessed wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
microbarn wrote:

It did. Doing something later tonight as well.
Maybe ice climbing sunday, but it may be precipitating in the liquid form... durrrrr.

I just right this minute saw that on the news. Winter storm watch here Sunday in the form of freezing rain, then rain. +1 on Monday. Oh NOEZ
Damn right, oh noes!!!

I'm melting, melting away!!

It is supposed to get colder through the day.

Not going to do me much good when the ice is all gone now. So you are saying it might form up by the end of the week again? I heard -7 later in the week for the high

My ice(yes, i use the possesive there), should be beautiful on friday.

obsessed

Feb 18, 2008, 2:33 PM
Post #14732 of 25030 (2203 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dr_feelgood] yup [In reply to]
Report this Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
obsessed wrote:

There is no such thing as a 4x4 lozer cruizer.

[image]http://www.overlandvans.com/files/mud4.jpg[/image]

[image]http://www.eskie.net/superior/j-pages/images/73_dodge_van_4x4.jpg[/image]

[image]http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/4/web/496000-496999/496850_5_full.jpg[/image]

[image]http://www.amesz.com.au/upload/306x243-2007-model-with-stripe-and-bars.jpg[/image]

Ooops..

Sorry, that last one is an RV.

Goofy lookin. All of them.

we agree! wow mark this down

Partner epoch

Feb 18, 2008, 2:33 PM
Post #14733 of 25030 (2201 views)
Shortcut

Re: [microbarn] roofies [In reply to]
Report this Post

microbarn wrote:
epoch wrote:
Skins are used anywhere where it would be advantageous to have them. Ever try to ski uphill on downhill skis? The wax isn't too conducive to that.

xc skis are scaled or ribbed with one-way grooves. The cool thing about skins is that I can climb steeper pitches than xc skis with them. The down side is that there is virtually ZERO glide.
so do you take the skins off for down hills?

I can't see the reason to have skis at that point. Having your heels locked in place for the whole day has to suck. Why not just get snow shoes if they have almost no glide?

Heels are free to come off of the ski. My set up is an Alpine Touring setup aka Randonee. Similar to the increasingly popular Telemark setups, except that when I am in down hill mode I lock my heels and ski as I would any other time. The skins come off for lengthy downhills. However seeing as they are a pain in the ass to deal with it is wise to keep them either on or off and not much of the on/off/on/off/on/off/on/off thing. For what I did Saturday they stayed on the whole time.

A. to 2nd Q. I don't want snowshoes. I have perfectly good skis. Skis don't sink as much as snowshoes. And if you take the time to hike to a summit, I can ski back while your slow ass has to hike out...

wanderlustmd

Feb 18, 2008, 2:34 PM
Post #14734 of 25030 (2200 views)
Shortcut

Re: [epoch] roofies [In reply to]
Report this Post

epoch wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:

Epoch: Do it!

Epoch: BTW, how was the baby-backpack skiing? You had mentioned something about that….

New rule. If one is going to GU they must quote and comment to the specific post that they are talking about. That whole string is annoying.

'sides it's not good on the pc+

The baby backpack skiing was wonderful. We had a blast and at one point she even passed out. It was a pleasant day. I only had one problem and that was with her boots as they weren't as adequate as I had thought. We got home and she was bitchy at me. I couldn't initially figure it out - not hungry, not wet, not tired - she had SSx of frostbite on her feet. I warmed them up and she was fine.

I wouldn't recommend the backpack for downhill skiing, but it was nice for xc or flatland skinning.

Oh come on, a little detective work never hurt anyone.

Glad you had fun with the kiddo, I was wondering if you meant downhill or not. That indeed might be sketchy...

That's pretty funny that she fell asleep!

obsessed

Feb 18, 2008, 2:35 PM
Post #14735 of 25030 (2198 views)
Shortcut

Re: [microbarn] weekend [In reply to]
Report this Post

microbarn wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
microbarn wrote:

I took my brother and sister out to try ice climbing. Okel should have come with since the ice probably got really hammered yesterday and last night. 24+ hrs of well above freezing and lots of heavy rain. It wasn't really that good on Sat.

We went to Toronto yesterday and I got another $15 off a previously discounted ice screw and we slipped and slid around on the wet ice all over the sidewalks.
okel will never go ice climbing

Frown don't say that.

Partner epoch

Feb 18, 2008, 2:35 PM
Post #14736 of 25030 (2196 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

epoch wrote:
microbarn wrote:
epoch wrote:
Skins are used anywhere where it would be advantageous to have them. Ever try to ski uphill on downhill skis? The wax isn't too conducive to that.

xc skis are scaled or ribbed with one-way grooves. The cool thing about skins is that I can climb steeper pitches than xc skis with them. The down side is that there is virtually ZERO glide.

I can't see the reason to have skis at that point. Having your heels locked in place for the whole day has to suck. Why not just get snow shoes if they have almost no glide?

Heels are free to come off of the ski. My set up is an Alpine Touring setup aka Randonee. Similar to the increasingly popular Telemark setups, except that when I am in down hill mode I lock my heels and ski as I would any other time. The skins come off for lengthy downhills. However seeing as they are a pain in the ass to deal with it is wise to keep them either on or off and not much of the on/off/on/off/on/off/on/off thing. For what I did Saturday they stayed on the whole time.

A. to 2nd Q. I don't want snowshoes. I have perfectly good skis. Skis don't sink as much as snowshoes. And if you take the time to hike to a summit, I can ski back while your slow ass has to hike out...

Forgot the pics.

It really is the binding that makes the setup.

These are the ones I have.

wanderlustmd

Feb 18, 2008, 2:36 PM
Post #14737 of 25030 (2195 views)
Shortcut

Re: [wanderlustmd] roofies [In reply to]
Report this Post

In line with the bodily functions theme, my boss just walked past my office two seconds after I let loose with a haymaker. Good thing he didn't come in.

Damn enchilas!

wanderlustmd

Feb 18, 2008, 2:38 PM
Post #14738 of 25030 (2193 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Those are sweet skis epoch. I wish I could ski.

obsessed

Feb 18, 2008, 2:39 PM
Post #14739 of 25030 (2190 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dr_feelgood] weekend [In reply to]
Report this Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
microbarn wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
microbarn wrote:

It is likely this will remain true for this season.

no faith you guys. I hope this is not true

microbarn

Post #14740 of 25030 (2188 views)
Shortcut

Re: [obsessed] spray [In reply to]
Report this Post

obsessed wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:

10cBlush

I don't know if that is the hardest I have done OS, but it was the one I was thinking of. Some other guy got all spanked on it and was saying how hard it was. So I did it in my approch shoes to.Cool

I flashed a V4 in approch shoes. Not that counts. Toady always gets pissed when we go boulder and I never put on my climbing shoes.

And for good reason. You get the foot holds all slimed up with crap from your shoez.
And now I will go wash my face from all that spray that just flew out of my computer screen from you.
I am a supporter of full contact bouldering. You should start body checking him at the first sign of approach shoes to rock.

Partner epoch

Post #14741 of 25030 (2187 views)
Shortcut

Re: [wanderlustmd] roofies [In reply to]
Report this Post

wanderlustmd wrote:

Note that the comment was made before I posted this pic...

microbarn

Feb 18, 2008, 2:41 PM
Post #14742 of 25030 (2183 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dr_feelgood] vball [In reply to]
Report this Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
microbarn wrote:
last night at the v-ball game I came down on someone's foot and rolled my ankle. My ankle is stiff but fine.

I didn't realize it until I was heading to bed last night, but my wrist that caught my weight after the ankle roll is hurting like a little bitch.

Intensive, active range of motion consistently for the 1st 24 hours is key. That and ice.
cool, will do

wanderlustmd

Feb 18, 2008, 2:42 PM
Post #14743 of 25030 (2182 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

epoch wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:

[IMG]http://i248.photobucket.com/albums/gg186/reticentbehavior/DSC02003.jpg[/IMG]

Note that the comment was made before I posted this pic...
You've posted that pic before. And they are nice skis/bindings. I like the idea of a setup you can switch like that.

obsessed

Feb 18, 2008, 2:42 PM
Post #14744 of 25030 (2180 views)
Shortcut

Re: [microbarn] vball [In reply to]
Report this Post

microbarn wrote:

doesn't sound good. volleyball is a very high injury prone sport ya know. bruce did his ankle in really bad.

microbarn

Feb 18, 2008, 2:43 PM
Post #14745 of 25030 (2178 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

epoch wrote:
epoch wrote:
microbarn wrote:
epoch wrote:

Forgot the pics.

It really is the binding that makes the setup.

These are the ones I have.
yea, that doesn't sound near as bad as it was in my mind

microbarn

Feb 18, 2008, 2:44 PM
Post #14746 of 25030 (2176 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

obsessed wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
microbarn wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
microbarn wrote:

it isn't supposed to make you cry. It is supposed to make you fired up to prove me wrong!

Partner epoch

Feb 18, 2008, 2:47 PM
Post #14747 of 25030 (2174 views)
Shortcut

Re: [obsessed] vball [In reply to]
Report this Post

obsessed wrote:
microbarn wrote:

doesn't sound good. volleyball is a very high injury prone sport ya know. bruce did his ankle in really bad.

and climbing isn't...

dr_feelgood

Feb 18, 2008, 2:50 PM
Post #14748 of 25030 (2171 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

obsessed wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
microbarn wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
microbarn wrote:

At least i gave you a chance for redemption next season.

dr_feelgood

Feb 18, 2008, 2:51 PM
Post #14749 of 25030 (2168 views)
Shortcut

Re: [microbarn] spray [In reply to]
Report this Post

microbarn wrote:
obsessed wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:

10cBlush

I am a supporter of full contact bouldering. You should start body checking him at the first sign of approach shoes to rock.

I did damn near tackle a climber while spotting one time.

dr_feelgood

Feb 18, 2008, 2:52 PM
Post #14750 of 25030 (2165 views)
Shortcut

Re: [microbarn] weekend [In reply to]
Report this Post

microbarn wrote:
obsessed wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
microbarn wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
microbarn wrote:

it isn't supposed to make you cry. It is supposed to make you fired up to prove me wrong!

Crying is just a fun side effect.... For us.

First page Previous page 1 ... 586 587 588 589 590 591 592 593 594 ... 1002 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook