Forums: Community: Campground:
PeeeGhey Tea shop...less tempting?
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 ... 1002 Next page Last page  View All

wanderlustmd

Feb 19, 2008, 12:44 PM
Post #14926 of 25030 (2678 views)
Shortcut

Re: [chossmonkey] weekend [In reply to]
Report this Post

chossmonkey wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
microbarn wrote:
what's the weekend plans....any climbing?

doc, hope your make up date went well today
I took my brother and sister out to try ice climbing. Okel should have come with since the ice probably got really hammered yesterday and last night. 24+ hrs of well above freezing and lots of heavy rain. It wasn't really that good on Sat.

We went to Toronto yesterday and I got another $15 off a previously discounted ice screw and we slipped and slid around on the wet ice all over the sidewalks.
Good job on the screw. Did you finish the toilet?
You mean testing the turlit?

The bathroom isn't completely done but is functional.

The turlit works way better than I thought it would. Who ever came up with the saying "quite waters run deep" must have had our toilet. No clogs yet. The true test will be when we get home from Quebec next weekend. Right Bec?Wink

Good news. Imagine if you had the flushmaster 2000. Your very own malestrom!

wanderlustmd

Feb 19, 2008, 12:45 PM
Post #14927 of 25030 (2676 views)
Shortcut

Re: [chossmonkey] weekend [In reply to]
Report this Post

chossmonkey wrote:
obsessed wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
obsessed wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
obsessed wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
microbarn wrote:

It did. Doing something later tonight as well.
Maybe ice climbing sunday, but it may be precipitating in the liquid form... durrrrr.

I just right this minute saw that on the news. Winter storm watch here Sunday in the form of freezing rain, then rain. +1 on Monday. Oh NOEZ
Damn right, oh noes!!!

I'm melting, melting away!!

It is supposed to get colder through the day.

Not going to do me much good when the ice is all gone now. So you are saying it might form up by the end of the week again? I heard -7 later in the week for the high

My ice(yes, i use the possesive there), should be beautiful on friday.

how far would it take me to drive there?
More time than to ride with us to Quebec. Where motels come equipped with attached bars.

I though you crashed in t3h f-150?

chossmonkey

Feb 19, 2008, 12:46 PM
Post #14928 of 25030 (2674 views)
Shortcut

Re: [wanderlustmd] PC++ [In reply to]
Report this Post

wanderlustmd wrote:
microbarn wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
microbarn wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
I'll be the black sheep. Texas is a nice place. Sure, you'll find rednecks...just like every other place in America.

But the places I've been to in the state have good food and a welcoming atmosphere. I think that to the right person, it could become "home" very quickly. Some places have a nice feel to them.

My .02
If by good food you mean the same 20 fast food or chain restaurants, then yes. It's kind of tough to fuck up paint by numbers. Welcoming atmosphere? The climbers i met were cool, and there is the usual smattering of nice people, but once they figure out that you aint from roun heay, boy.... things can be less friendly.
And besides. I am fat-o-phobic, and everyone down their is fat as shit or on meth.

my experience too

The ones that weren't fat were gay. EVERYONE assumes you are gay if you aren't fat too. Maybe wander didn't pick up that he was being hit on by all
those guys?

Well, it's obvious that of all the tea shoppers, you have the most experience in this dept.

News flash: America is fat.
don't ruin the idea I have built up in my head. Once I get out of this crummy basement lab there will be wominz a-plenty flaunting their hoo-haas for all to see.

haha.
Lam must not be aware of this alter ego.

I've never met her, and have only seen a pic or two, but I get the feeling she'd slap the bejezus out of you.

Wink
Maybe you should PM her?

wanderlustmd

Feb 19, 2008, 12:47 PM
Post #14929 of 25030 (2671 views)
Shortcut

Re: [chossmonkey] PC++ [In reply to]
Report this Post

chossmonkey wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
microbarn wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
microbarn wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
I'll be the black sheep. Texas is a nice place. Sure, you'll find rednecks...just like every other place in America.

But the places I've been to in the state have good food and a welcoming atmosphere. I think that to the right person, it could become "home" very quickly. Some places have a nice feel to them.

My .02
If by good food you mean the same 20 fast food or chain restaurants, then yes. It's kind of tough to fuck up paint by numbers. Welcoming atmosphere? The climbers i met were cool, and there is the usual smattering of nice people, but once they figure out that you aint from roun heay, boy.... things can be less friendly.
And besides. I am fat-o-phobic, and everyone down their is fat as shit or on meth.

my experience too

The ones that weren't fat were gay. EVERYONE assumes you are gay if you aren't fat too. Maybe wander didn't pick up that he was being hit on by all
those guys?

Well, it's obvious that of all the tea shoppers, you have the most experience in this dept.

News flash: America is fat.
don't ruin the idea I have built up in my head. Once I get out of this crummy basement lab there will be wominz a-plenty flaunting their hoo-haas for all to see.

haha.

I've never met her, and have only seen a pic or two, but I get the feeling she'd slap the bejezus out of you.

Wink
Maybe you should PM her?

haha, what's her SN?
This could be fun.

chossmonkey

Feb 19, 2008, 12:48 PM
Post #14930 of 25030 (2670 views)
Shortcut

Re: [microbarn] PC++ [In reply to]
Report this Post

microbarn wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:

haha.

Wink

She considers my appetite a sign of a "healthy" guy

It isn't like you go blind once you get married.

Of course, I am not so stupid as to point out hot wominz to her.
So she doesn't care if you do other chicks? I guess that is part of the asian culture.

chossmonkey

Feb 19, 2008, 12:55 PM
Post #14931 of 25030 (2668 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dr_feelgood] T3h L4wst & F0wnd [In reply to]
Report this Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
But i TR soloed probably one of the toughest 15' of ice i've ever climbed. Hero sticks all the way up, thin scottish style ice. It was awesome.
Hero ice is easy.

Fuck you. Crush my dreams.
Tongue
I'm just saying. Hero ice = fat, easy, one stick ice that feels really solid. Anyone can feel like a hero climbing it and really run it out.

What you were climbing is called thin ice not hero ice. Scottish style is drytooling under the rime.

chossmonkey

Feb 19, 2008, 12:57 PM
Post #14932 of 25030 (2667 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dr_feelgood] T3h L4wst & F0wnd [In reply to]
Report this Post

dr_feelgood wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
Man... My legs hurt something fierce. My right one still doesn't move as it used to, and my left gets the brunt of the compensation. I guess that's what i get for training fiercely without regard to the insignificant twinges of pain during the run.
I fiercely hate running.

I fiercely need to do it or I lose respiratory endurance. Not that much fun, but i've found i've been sucking on the approaches lately.
Yeah, if I work at it fiercely I can get okay at it, but if I don't do it fiercely kicks my ass. I do mountain biking to work on my cardio sometimes.

chossmonkey

Feb 19, 2008, 12:58 PM
Post #14933 of 25030 (2666 views)
Shortcut

Re: [microbarn] T3h L4wst & F0wnd [In reply to]
Report this Post

microbarn wrote:
I got a voicemail message from a company, and they are getting an offer together. They just wanted to chat with me prior to sending out a real offer.

YEA

if I get an acceptable offer, I am going to start climbing regularly again....the phd will take another 10 years to finish off, but I am not going to work myself crazy trying to get it done in a couple of months.
Fierce!

chossmonkey

Feb 19, 2008, 1:02 PM
Post #14934 of 25030 (2665 views)
Shortcut

Re: [obsessed] weekend [In reply to]
Report this Post

obsessed wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
obsessed wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
obsessed wrote:
microbarn wrote:
obsessed wrote:
microbarn wrote:

Lots of my daughters playoff hockey for me (3 games, one out of town) and finally going to get on some ice on Monday. Ironically, its family day holiday here in ontario and I am taking off on them to go ice climbing. Yay family day!
sweet

are they not invited, or are they not interested?

Both. But looks like there won't be any ice tomorrow. Its been raining here all day Frown I am so pissed
That's what you get for blowing off your family. Thanks for wrecking it for the rest of us.Mad

blame doc, it was all his fault. we covered that already

We did what?

we covered it. I said I hate you cuz you went ice climbing before the rain and I said it was your fault. End of story
Still doesn't make it his fault.

chossmonkey

Feb 19, 2008, 1:05 PM
Post #14935 of 25030 (2662 views)
Shortcut

Re: [microbarn] T3h L4wst & F0wnd [In reply to]
Report this Post

microbarn wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
obsessed wrote:
kachoong wrote:

We're going to have to build ourselves a woody, that's for sure! DOn't think there's any climbing gym for a 300 mile radius.

You should ask chossy for tips, their wall is awesome
Make one taller.
home lead wall?
That would be cool. Actually my pipe dream for when we build a house. And my wife will love it as it will fit the decorating.

chossmonkey

Feb 19, 2008, 1:05 PM
Post #14936 of 25030 (2662 views)
Shortcut

Re: [microbarn] roofies [In reply to]
Report this Post

microbarn wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
microbarn wrote:

In reply to:
Micro: I did the satellite radio thing briefly, I think that unless you travel all the time it really isn’t worth it. Some of the shows are cool (like the station that runs all those radio plays from the 20s and 30s.), but overall it’s not great. AM radio is underrated, imo.

I was told there is a show where a bunch of conspiracy theorists call in and chat about the conspiracies. Do you know the name of that show? I want to listen to the crazies, but I don't know when to listen on what stations.

In reply to:
Micro: Does Lam know that you are gay?
yes, we did swing dancing for our first dance.
there was some guy on TV who wrote about about 9/11 and how it was a big conspiracy. He seemed like complete fruitloop.

I'm assuming that swing dancing is nothing like swinging.
nothing at all like swinging
Then why bother?

chossmonkey

Feb 19, 2008, 1:07 PM
Post #14937 of 25030 (2661 views)
Shortcut

Re: [wanderlustmd] weekend [In reply to]
Report this Post

wanderlustmd wrote:
obsessed wrote:
microbarn wrote:
obsessed wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
Totally have no other plans than to watch movies today.

Looks like Im going skiing. at least its something
you have the day off?

yep, brand new holiday here in onterrible. family day. And I spent it with one of my kids and 2 of her friends. fun wow
You're a bad mother.Tongue
At least she ended up doing something with one of her kids.

chossmonkey

Feb 19, 2008, 1:10 PM
Post #14938 of 25030 (2660 views)
Shortcut

Re: [wanderlustmd] weekend [In reply to]
Report this Post

wanderlustmd wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
obsessed wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
obsessed wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
obsessed wrote:
dr_feelgood wrote:
microbarn wrote:

It did. Doing something later tonight as well.
Maybe ice climbing sunday, but it may be precipitating in the liquid form... durrrrr.

I just right this minute saw that on the news. Winter storm watch here Sunday in the form of freezing rain, then rain. +1 on Monday. Oh NOEZ
Damn right, oh noes!!!

I'm melting, melting away!!

It is supposed to get colder through the day.

Not going to do me much good when the ice is all gone now. So you are saying it might form up by the end of the week again? I heard -7 later in the week for the high

My ice(yes, i use the possesive there), should be beautiful on friday.

how far would it take me to drive there?
More time than to ride with us to Quebec. Where motels come equipped with attached bars.

I though you crashed in t3h f-150?
Cheaper to get a motel for the weekend than buy gas for driving that far in a short amount of time. Gas is around $4 a gallon here.

wanderlustmd

Feb 19, 2008, 1:11 PM
Post #14939 of 25030 (2658 views)
Shortcut

Re: [chossmonkey] T3h L4wst & F0wnd [In reply to]
Report this Post

chossmonkey wrote:
microbarn wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
obsessed wrote:
kachoong wrote:

We're going to have to build ourselves a woody, that's for sure! DOn't think there's any climbing gym for a 300 mile radius.

You should ask chossy for tips, their wall is awesome
Make one taller.
home lead wall?
That would be cool. Actually my pipe dream for when we build a house. And my wife will love it as it will fit the decorating.

Buy land with a grain silo on it!

chossmonkey

Feb 19, 2008, 1:12 PM
Post #14940 of 25030 (2656 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

wanderlustmd wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
Wink
Maybe you should PM her?

haha, what's her SN?
This could be fun.
http://www.rockclimbing.com/...username=lmsapphire;

wanderlustmd

Feb 19, 2008, 1:14 PM
Post #14941 of 25030 (2653 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

chossmonkey wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
Wink
Maybe you should PM her?

haha, what's her SN?
This could be fun.

http://www.rockclimbing.com/...username=lmsapphire;
Laugh
Micro, I'm going to blackmail you.

chossmonkey

Feb 19, 2008, 1:16 PM
Post #14942 of 25030 (2651 views)
Shortcut

Re: [chossmonkey] roofies [In reply to]
Report this Post

chossmonkey

Feb 19, 2008, 1:17 PM
Post #14943 of 25030 (2649 views)
Shortcut

Re: [chossmonkey] roofies [In reply to]
Report this Post

FUCKER!!!!Mad

chossmonkey

Feb 19, 2008, 1:22 PM
Post #14944 of 25030 (2647 views)
Shortcut

Re: [wanderlustmd] T3h L4wst & F0wnd [In reply to]
Report this Post

wanderlustmd wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
microbarn wrote:
home lead wall?

silos are to vertical. I put some on an old silo at my old place in WI. Didn't climb them much since if if I had someone to climb with I would go somewhere else.

The house would be a two-story with full basement and a cathedral ceiling. Open from bottom to top. There would be wall up both sides forming an arch. It would be about 35 feet to the peak and could be nicely overhanging.

chossmonkey

Feb 19, 2008, 1:23 PM
Post #14945 of 25030 (2646 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

cheesetitted that one I did.Blush

wanderlustmd

Feb 19, 2008, 1:39 PM
Post #14946 of 25030 (2641 views)
Shortcut

Re: [chossmonkey] T3h L4wst & F0wnd [In reply to]
Report this Post

chossmonkey wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
microbarn wrote:
home lead wall?

silos are to vertical. I put some on an old silo at my old place in WI. Didn't climb them much since if if I had someone to climb with I would go somewhere else.

The house would be a two-story with full basement and a cathedral ceiling. Open from bottom to top. There would be wall up both sides forming an arch. It would be about 35 feet to the peak and could be nicely overhanging.

That sounds really sweet. Make one side a waterfall with a cooling mechanism for ice.

microbarn

Feb 19, 2008, 1:53 PM
Post #14947 of 25030 (2638 views)
Shortcut

Re: [epoch] weekend [In reply to]
Report this Post

epoch wrote:
Enjoyed the three days off. Not wanting to work.

That is all.
probably doesn't make you feel any better to know kaboom and I were here the whole time?

microbarn

Feb 19, 2008, 1:54 PM
Post #14948 of 25030 (2637 views)
Shortcut

Re: [chossmonkey] spray [In reply to]
Report this Post

chossmonkey wrote:
microbarn wrote:
obsessed wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
I lied. I got confused in my aging memory.Crazy

10cBlush

I don't know if that is the hardest I have done OS, but it was the one I was thinking of. Some other guy got all spanked on it and was saying how hard it was. So I did it in my approch shoes to.Cool

I flashed a V4 in approch shoes. Not that counts. Toady always gets pissed when we go boulder and I never put on my climbing shoes.

And for good reason. You get the foot holds all slimed up with crap from your shoez.
And now I will go wash my face from all that spray that just flew out of my computer screen from you.
I am a supporter of full contact bouldering. You should start body checking him at the first sign of approach shoes to rock.
My shoez are normally clean or I won't do that. Really it is no worse than the gumbies who wear their shoes all the time except I know enough to try and keep the mud off the rock.
I think my sarcasm was missed. I don't care what you wear while you warm up on my project.

microbarn

Feb 19, 2008, 1:57 PM
Post #14949 of 25030 (2635 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

wanderlustmd wrote:
epoch wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
epoch wrote:
flash

thunder?

I have one more disc left on Band of Brothers.
Whoo!

I heard that they are going to make a series focusing on the pacific theater in 2008

Considering that this year has just started I am sure that there may be only one development, perhaps two, in the pacific theater. One will invariable involve China, an the other I speculate to be Russia. Though the DPRK has a good chance as any of making the news. Your film will be short lived. The pacific theater was better in WWII...

You mean WWI?
They were talking about another 10-episode series. I hope they do it.

band of bros was WW2, and there was a lack of a pacific theater in WW1

microbarn

Feb 19, 2008, 1:57 PM
Post #14950 of 25030 (2634 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

wanderlustmd wrote:
microbarn wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
microbarn wrote:
wander, are you going to have your first 100+ post day today?

Nope I don't think so.
you had a good run of it.

moderately I suppose. Depending on traffic I could hit 100 today.
your tactics today are aimed in the right direction

First page Previous page 1 ... 594 595 596 597 598 599 600 601 602 ... 1002 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook