RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Injury Treatment and Prevention

Premier Sponsor:

duganaka14

Apr 8, 2008, 2:09 PM
Post #1 of 2 (420 views)
Shortcut

Odd Ankle Problem
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

So I was bouldering in the gym yesterday and I guess it had been about 45 minutes into my session and then all of a sudden I noticed a pain that kind of felt like burning right above my inside ankle of my right foot. I climbed a bit more hoping it would go away, however, it never did. So I went home and iced it and started to see what the problem was. I can walk on it without pain however if I put all my weight on my heel it hurts. Also if I bend my toes straight up in the air it hurts right above the inside of my ankle. It feels better today than it did yesterday so I am kinda figuring it is a high ankle sprain possibly? Anyways I am going to give it a few days and keep on the RICE program if it does not get better I will go see a doctor. Anyone else had an injury like this? The weird thing is I dont really remember when it happened because I did not fall off the wall or anything and feel pain I was climbing and then it happened.

Sin

Apr 9, 2008, 6:32 AM
Post #2 of 2 (361 views)
Shortcut

Re: [duganaka14] Odd Ankle Problem [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Well bouldering walls always end up creating injuries, lol. Sometimes you wont feel a thing lol. Once I did a deep drop knee and I did'nt feel a thing at first. After I finished climbing my toe started hurting like hell. It got so swollen when i got home, and i had to stay off of it for two months. thats bouldering for ya.Unsure

Forums : Climbing Information : Injury Treatment and Prevention

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook