RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - East Coast

Premier Sponsor:

traddad

Oct 30, 2002, 7:15 PM
Post #1 of 4 (993 views)
Shortcut

I "heart" New England
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Some observations on my trip through Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine.
The climbers at Petra Cliffs in Burlington are way nice. I observed a couple of sub-20 year old boulderers interacting with a developmentally disabled man in the gym; they treated him with dignity and kindness. Good on ya. How we treat the least of our fellows is the measure of our humanity. However, the grades in the bouldering cave are a little soft......
Vermont in general is beautiful. I just wish I had better weather at Smuggler’s Notch. I have rarely seen a nicer bunch of boulders, except for the ICECICLES! I didn’t bring my axes, damn! My friend calls Vermont the “land of the sweater people” due to all of the trustafarians in old sweaters, but I swear, if I win the lottery, I’m moving to Burlington.
Rural New Hampshire is also beautiful, but ....does everyone who dies there get a statue? Pawtuckaway State Park is awesome, although I didn’t get to climb there. Seems I have trouble following directions when I can’t see both horizons. I got lost driving in the park. Must have been blinded by the fall colors. By the time I got to the parking area I had to head for Maine.
Maine is just down right okee dokee. Damn I love the rock on Mount Battie near Camden. Beautiful, bullet proof crimps, sharp, gritty edges, the works. So why wasn’t anyone else out climbing? I could have used a pad. Sorry about the blood....
Rockland, where I stayed is a huge conundrum. A working class lobster town with world class art and transportation museums.
All in all, I REALLY loved New England and would move there in a heartbeat. Anyone need a Toxicologist and a Developmental Psychologist?

melonhead

Oct 30, 2002, 7:28 PM
Post #2 of 4 (993 views)
Shortcut

I "heart" New England [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm with you. New England is were it's at. People are way cool and super STRONG. Not like the attitude you get at my crags...cough, cough, GUNKS.

farasnyl10

Oct 30, 2002, 8:08 PM
Post #3 of 4 (993 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

yeah, it is pretty damn nice in n.e. did you make it further up the coast in maine to acadia?

chalkdusttorture

Oct 30, 2002, 8:26 PM
Post #4 of 4 (993 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hell yeah, New england rocks....Did you you make it to the Daks

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - East Coast

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook