Jun 2, 2008, 3:41 AM
Post #26 of 71 (1244 views)
Shortcut

Re: [uhoh] I just love managing a hotel!!! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

uhoh wrote:
Why are we ragging on the OP?

Slow weekend, no hockey on television, and weather is too hot to climb.

Nothing better to do, so start a flame war on RC.noob

stymingersfink

Jun 2, 2008, 3:44 AM
Post #27 of 71 (1243 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

uhoh wrote:
I must have missed something in this thread. Why are we ragging on the OP?
by defending the protagonist in the story, it makes them feel better about the occasions when they themselves have occupied a similar position.

I digress, however...

could someone pass the butter, please?

curt

Jun 2, 2008, 3:45 AM
Post #28 of 71 (1240 views)
Shortcut

Re: [stymingersfink] I just love managing a hotel!!! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

stymingersfink wrote:
mecalekahi-mekahidyho wrote:
sort of dyer situation

"dire"

please continue

For a reasonable fee, I'll be happy to impart some relevant management skills to this guy--and throw in the location of the apostrophe key at no additional charge.

Curt

clausti

Jun 2, 2008, 3:51 AM
Post #29 of 71 (1232 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

uhoh wrote:
I must have missed something in this thread. Why are we ragging on the OP?

because he said he manages a hotel, then described how he hates customers, and everyone remembers at least one time some strung out asshole has taken 5 times as long as is necessary to check them into a shitty hotel in the middle of the night. and then they are imagining that strung out asshole bitching to his friends about them.

mecalekahi-mekahidyho

Jun 2, 2008, 3:56 AM
Post #30 of 71 (1227 views)
Shortcut

Re: [curt] I just love managing a hotel!!! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I would use the apostrophe key if I had one, you see I learned spanish in highschool and throughout my travels in South America and Mexico. I coerce (meant to say correspond)with many spanish-only speaking pals, be it castillano spanish or latin american spanish (small difference). I purchased a keyboard to further enable my communications, which the keyboard doesnt have an apostrophe (has been replaced by Spanish accents). I can make one, but then I have to take 2 minutes on each conjugate word to just browse settings and import said apostrophe to use with the fuction keys. Not gonna happen for every conjugate word I type.
Sometimes I find myself doing it without thinking, so yes, sometimes there will be an apostrophe. Consider that a privilege, heh.

I also just wanted to add.... I havent taken yall's (hey there is one) advice with a grain of salt. I have been paying attention and taking note of my faults. Yes, there is some good advice here and I appreciate everyone taking the time to post their opinion. It also makes time here at work flllyyy byyy. FLAME OOOONNNN!!!

Oh yea, I almost forgot...... GIRLS JUST WANNA HAVE FUN!!!!

(This post was edited by mecalekahi-mekahidyho on Jun 2, 2008, 4:08 AM)

curt

Jun 2, 2008, 4:04 AM
Post #31 of 71 (1222 views)
Shortcut

Re: [mecalekahi-mekahidyho] I just love managing a hotel!!! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I would use the apostrophe key if I had one, you see I learned spanish in highschool and throughout my travels in South America and Mexico. I coerce with many spanish-only speaking pals, be it castillano spanish or latin american spanish (small difference). I purchased a keyboard to further enable my communications, which the keyboard doesnt have an apostrophe (has been replaced by Spanish accents). I can make one, but then I have to take 2 minutes on each conjugated word to just browse settings and import said apostrophe to use with the fuction keys. Not gonna happen for every conjugated word I type.
Sometimes I find myself doing it without thinking, so yes, sometimes there will be an apostrophe. Consider that a privelage, heh.

You really coerce with them? Specifically what do you force them into?

Curt

curt

Jun 2, 2008, 4:49 AM
Post #32 of 71 (1204 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I also just wanted to add.... I havent taken yall's (hey there is one) advice with a grain of salt.

Preserved for posterity.

Curt

uhoh

Jun 2, 2008, 12:16 PM
Post #33 of 71 (1182 views)
Shortcut

Re: [reno] I just love managing a hotel!!! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

reno wrote:
uhoh wrote:
Why are we ragging on the OP?

Slow weekend, no hockey on television, and weather is too hot to climb.

Nothing better to do, so start a flame war on RC.noob

If it's too hot then you're too old. Or does that only apply to music? I guess music doesn't really get hot in any meaningful way as it might relate to thermal energy, except that one time when Great White burned a bunch of their fans to death. A real tragedy that was. That the band escaped, I mean.

Where was I going with this?

themadmilkman

Jun 2, 2008, 2:23 PM
Post #34 of 71 (1169 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I dont seem to understand your logic there. From what I gather, you imply that I am somehow stupid for managing a hotel in Austin Tx. I just want to delve a little deeper here, what is wrong with what i said? Is it the location? The place of business or what? I dont know where youre from but Austin is a fairly big city, and very prosperous at that. How does managing a 4 star hotel come anywhere near that of a Mcdonalds employee? And Im only 27 and already GM making over 6 figures, so please explain to me your reasoning. Does'nt seem too sound in this instance. And by the way, I hear Mickey D's managers make like 50K, or do you prefer felons integrated into the everyday workforce? I applaud Mickey D's for giving them a chance, as you sure wouldnt due to your superiority.

Until Next Climb.......

Please explain to me why the general manager of a 4-star property is taking reservations. Some of us have experience in the hotel industry, and parts of your posts simply don't add up. Either you're lying about your job or your property's rating. Which is it?

(This post was edited by themadmilkman on Jun 2, 2008, 2:24 PM)

Partner j_ung

Jun 2, 2008, 3:17 PM
Post #35 of 71 (1154 views)
Shortcut

Re: [curt] I just love managing a hotel!!! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

curt wrote:
stymingersfink wrote:
sort of dyer situation

"dire"

please continue
[image]http://community.msgnetwork.com/graemlins/smiley_205.gif[/image]

For a reasonable fee, I'll be happy to impart some relevant management skills to this guy--and throw in the location of the apostrophe key at no additional charge.

Curt

I'm in. Here's (a picture of) $20.

Partner macherry

Jun 2, 2008, 3:48 PM
Post #36 of 71 (1145 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I would use the apostrophe key if I had one, you see I learned spanish in highschool and throughout my travels in South America and Mexico. I coerce (meant to say correspond)with many spanish-only speaking pals, be it castillano spanish or latin american spanish (small difference). I purchased a keyboard to further enable my communications, which the keyboard doesnt have an apostrophe (has been replaced by Spanish accents). I can make one, but then I have to take 2 minutes on each conjugate word to just browse settings and import said apostrophe to use with the fuction keys. Not gonna happen for every conjugate word I type.
Sometimes I find myself doing it without thinking, so yes, sometimes there will be an apostrophe. Consider that a privilege, heh.

I also just wanted to add.... I havent taken yall's (hey there is one) advice with a grain of salt. I have been paying attention and taking note of my faults. Yes, there is some good advice here and I appreciate everyone taking the time to post their opinion. It also makes time here at work flllyyy byyy. FLAME OOOONNNN!!!

are you a chick?

Partner blonde_loves_bolts

Jun 2, 2008, 4:04 PM
Post #37 of 71 (1140 views)
Shortcut

Re: [reno] I just love managing a hotel!!! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

reno wrote:
In reply to:
As you may already know, people are fuckin stupid

Your life is not complete until you get sued for doing this sort of work.

Got sued once for saving someone's life. Yep.... middle aged guy, massive heart attack, we showed up and did what we paramedics did. Managed to get his heart started again, he spent some time in the ICU, and went home a couple weeks later. Four months later, I got served with a lawsuit because the patient had signed papers that stated he did not want CPR or advanced life support. Yes, the patient was suing me for saving his life. In a stunning moment of sanity, the judge told the guy to pound sand.... a bit more diplomatically, of course, but it was a relief to see reason overcome passion.

People are stupid? Understatement of the decade, bro.

My least favorite part of my last job at a PI firm is when we would sign up med-mal cases. Even in a lot of cases where it would seem right to file suit, I still have a personal problem with suing hospitals and doctors. Plus half the time we would find out our guy was exaggerating because he was embarrassed (or just fucking stupid) and retroactively made the whole thing up in his mind, right down to things he swore he heard a doctor say about his condition. Or, the guy was a drunk diabetic 3 pack a day smoker who blamed the doctors for why he lost toes and is going blind... the list goes on.

It's embarrassing for an attorney to have to drop a suit for fear of malicious prosecution, but I imagine it's 100x worse for the doctor/nurse/paramedic/etc. that gets named in a frivolous lawsuit.

mecalekahi-mekahidyho

Jun 2, 2008, 9:30 PM
Post #38 of 71 (1112 views)
Shortcut

Re: [themadmilkman] I just love managing a hotel!!! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

On this day in particular it was a holiday and fairly slow so I allowed many of the employees to clock out early. Later in the day the traffic picked up substantially, and since it was my decision to let them go home early I figured I wouldnt allow my remaining employees to bear the brunt of the rush. I like being proactive in the hotel, this shows the employees I am not afraid of doing any job just because of my title, and in turn ( I believe ) they seem to perform their job with a little more enthusiasm and or confidence. There were also no scheduled V.I.P's to arrive. My secretary can handle the majority of my tasks, thats why she gets paid well. Plus, I score mega brownie points, and I got a cookie.

mecalekahi-mekahidyho

Jun 2, 2008, 9:38 PM
Post #39 of 71 (1109 views)
Shortcut

Re: [macherry] I just love managing a hotel!!! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

HEH, no. Im not a girl, its just that the song was on at the time of posting. Just a random comment, heh.
Plus, I like the song. She is a good singer. 80s music kix ass. I think its an 80s song anyways.

Its like X-mas, coming here and seeing all the colorful messages in this ridiculous thread that I started.

climb_eng

Jun 3, 2008, 5:52 AM
Post #40 of 71 (1076 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

On the contrary happiegrrrl, I enjoy my job and I am good at what I do. Making it this far without any college education speaks for itself IMO.

I have never received any letters or reprimands in my 9 years of service in the hospitality industry. I am never an asshole when it is not warranted. If a guest berates me personally, Im not going to allow that to happen to my staff or I.

I also wanted to point out my quote from the original " this is a typical idiotic reservation call" Also; "most calls are from competent people". yea I seem to remember typing something to that effect, not my fault if you didnt consider that. I usually dont have to deal with customers, so taking a reservation call is few and far between.

What's wrong with ranting about 1 call I got throughout the course of the day, when everything else went fine? I think subconsciously I was hoping people would take something away from it, like there is no reason to be an asshole to someone who is there to help and will do everything in his power to help.

Lets say I order a burger without tomatos, but they still put tomatos on it, Im not going to fly off the handle and start berating them. I will politely tell them their mistake and see what they can do to rectify it, by being nice I am ensuring there will be no unwanted foriegn substances looming in my meal. Same goes for any other service industry job.

If you call me up and ask for a certain rate because the internet is giving you that rate, then when I say I cant you tell me I have no idea what Im doing, or I dont know how to navigate my computer system or something of that nature which is what said call consisted of. More like "you have no fucking clue what the fuck you are doing, maybe they should hire someone who knows how to fuckin use a computer, I mean a fuckin 3rd grader could do better than you" That is how personal said caller was getting, so yes, my assholeness was totally warranted in that situation. I may not have elaborated on said call, as I wanted to give a broad generalization of the typical idiotic call which is what is illustrated there.

If someone talks to me like that and I dont stand up for myself, then maybe it would get on my nerves, but I stand up for myself. I dont like people trying to walk over me, I dont know about you.

There, was that so hard. Use god damn paragraphs you asshat! Otherwise your posts are incomprehensible! Yes, a 3rd grader COULD do better then you, at least when it comes to writing something that I might actually take the time to read.

PAR-A-GRAPHS ---- USE THEM!

stymingersfink

Jun 3, 2008, 1:12 PM
Post #41 of 71 (1071 views)
Shortcut

Re: [climb_eng] I just love managing a hotel!!! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

climb_eng wrote:
On the contrary happiegrrrl, I enjoy my job and I am good at what I do. Making it this far without any college education speaks for itself IMO.

I have never received any letters or reprimands in my 9 years of service in the hospitality industry. I am never an asshole when it is not warranted. If a guest berates me personally, Im not going to allow that to happen to my staff or I.

I also wanted to point out my quote from the original " this is a typical idiotic reservation call" Also; "most calls are from competent people". yea I seem to remember typing something to that effect, not my fault if you didnt consider that. I usually dont have to deal with customers, so taking a reservation call is few and far between.

What's wrong with ranting about 1 call I got throughout the course of the day, when everything else went fine? I think subconsciously I was hoping people would take something away from it, like there is no reason to be an asshole to someone who is there to help and will do everything in his power to help.

Lets say I order a burger without tomatos, but they still put tomatos on it, Im not going to fly off the handle and start berating them. I will politely tell them their mistake and see what they can do to rectify it, by being nice I am ensuring there will be no unwanted foriegn substances looming in my meal. Same goes for any other service industry job.

If you call me up and ask for a certain rate because the internet is giving you that rate, then when I say I cant you tell me I have no idea what Im doing, or I dont know how to navigate my computer system or something of that nature which is what said call consisted of. More like "you have no fucking clue what the fuck you are doing, maybe they should hire someone who knows how to fuckin use a computer, I mean a fuckin 3rd grader could do better than you" That is how personal said caller was getting, so yes, my assholeness was totally warranted in that situation. I may not have elaborated on said call, as I wanted to give a broad generalization of the typical idiotic call which is what is illustrated there.

If someone talks to me like that and I dont stand up for myself, then maybe it would get on my nerves, but I stand up for myself. I dont like people trying to walk over me, I dont know about you.

There, was that so hard. Use god damn paragraphs you asshat! Otherwise your posts are incomprehensible! Yes, a 3rd grader COULD do better then you, at least when it comes to writing something that I might actually take the time to read.

I'm not reading that^

c4c

Jun 3, 2008, 2:04 PM
Post #42 of 71 (1063 views)
Shortcut

Re: [stymingersfink] I just love managing a hotel!!! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

stymingersfink wrote:
climb_eng wrote:

I'm not reading that^

Wow it looks way longer when broken out into paragraphs. I'm not reading that (wheres my carrot?)^^^

newbierockstar

Jun 4, 2008, 1:43 AM
Post #43 of 71 (1038 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

...the keyboard doesnt have an apostrophe...

...except you used four of them on the first page alone, including the very first post....Sly

...More like "you have no fucking clue what the fuck you are doing....I mean a fuckin 3rd grader could do better than you" That is how personal said caller was getting, so yes, my assholeness was totally warranted in that situation. I may not have elaborated on said call, as I wanted to give a broad generalization of the typical idiotic call which is what is illustrated there.

You may be a climber and not a cyclist, but you sure know how to backpedal!! Cool

(This post was edited by newbierockstar on Jun 4, 2008, 1:58 AM)

curt

Jun 4, 2008, 2:08 AM
Post #44 of 71 (1022 views)
Shortcut

Re: [macherry] I just love managing a hotel!!! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

macherry wrote:

are you a chick?

HEH, no. Im not a girl, its just that the song was on at the time of posting.

Then how did you get all that sand in your vagina?

Curt

newbierockstar

Jun 4, 2008, 2:13 AM
Post #45 of 71 (1018 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I would use the apostrophe key if I had one.....I purchased a keyboard to further enable my communications, which the keyboard doesnt have an apostrophe.

...It also makes time here at work flllyyy byyy.

Awesome...I'm sure your boss appreciates you bringing your very own keyboard in to work....

BUSTED!!!!! CoolTonguePirate

mecalekahi-mekahidyho

Jun 4, 2008, 2:28 AM
Post #46 of 71 (1006 views)
Shortcut

Re: [newbierockstar] I just love managing a hotel!!! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

OOOK. First off, my boss does not visit the hotel but maybe once every quarter. Furthermore, I ordered it through my hotels tech. catalog, so technically I didnt bring it to work.

There happens to be 3 computers in my office, of which I use 2 depending on whom I am communicating with.

In conclusion, I don't see any valid reason for my boss to give a shit about my keyboard(s).

YAAAY!!! I used paragraphs. CrazyMad
I think that only the first paragraph should be indented though. Cant remember that far back.

mecalekahi-mekahidyho

Jun 4, 2008, 2:43 AM
Post #47 of 71 (997 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

You may be a climber, but you sure as hell dont know how to read thoroughly. Here is the equivalent to what I previously stated. My keyboard does not have the apostrophe key, however if I go to settings, and assign a function key for that purpose then it is possible. I find myself doing that without thinking sometimes.

This goes back to another post of mine. The one where I said something to the effect of; I just love how people take something out of context and misconstrue it to fit their own agenda or pre-conceived notion.

curt

Jun 4, 2008, 2:49 AM
Post #48 of 71 (989 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

You may be a climber, but you sure as hell dont know how to read thoroughly. Here is the equivalent to what I previously stated. My keyboard does not have the apostrophe key, however if I go to settings, and assign a function key for that purpose then it is possible. I find myself doing that without thinking sometimes.

This goes back to another post of mine. The one where I said something to the effect of; I just love how people take something out of context and misconstrue it to fit their own agenda or pre-conceived notion.

Oh, for the love of God, just shut the fuck up.

Curt

newbierockstar

Jun 4, 2008, 2:54 AM
Post #49 of 71 (983 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

You may be a climber, but you sure as hell dont know how to read thoroughly. Here is the equivalent to what I previously stated. My keyboard does not have the apostrophe key, however if I go to settings, and assign a function key for that purpose then it is possible. I find myself doing that without thinking sometimes....blah blah blah....

Hahahaha, I knew you were going to bring that up!

I read every post you wrote, word for painful word...I just don't believe a single one!!

Thanks for the laughs, and goodnight! Laugh

mecalekahi-mekahidyho

Jun 4, 2008, 2:57 AM
Post #50 of 71 (982 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Yes, I believe you are correct regarding the indentation of sentences.

Are you some sort of ninja/ninjaette poster, cause when I clicked reply on your last post it said " The post you are trying to access does not exist!?!?"

Honestly, I didnt expect as many replies as this thread got. I did however expect to get flamed royally. Good Job PeopleWinkTongue

I know, I brought it upon myself. But its so much fun!!

Goodnight

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook