RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Alpine & Ice

Premier Sponsor:

punk

Nov 3, 2002, 7:59 PM
Post #1 of 6 (1999 views)
Shortcut

Arcteryx salopette
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I own the salopette for about a year all I can say it’s a decent piece and it is NOT WORTH the $300+ price tag especially for all the feature it lacks (I like my TNF alpine pants allot better) I didn’t ware it often maybe 5 times total last year and I have experienced the stitches coming undone …so I said to myself ok no biggy I’ll just re stitch it and all a ok…but soon thereafter more and more stitches came undone pretty much like a dam u close one hole and the other opens…
To say the least I didn’t expect this from $300 garment and particularly from arcteryx (base on all of their quality campaign)
I was wondering did anyone of you experienced the same or is it my bad luck with this individual piece…
However I am in a process of sending that back to them for repair or better

beyond_gravity

Nov 3, 2002, 8:07 PM
Post #2 of 6 (1999 views)
Shortcut

Arcteryx salopette [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

i'm surprised to hear that. I have an Arc'teryx backpack and it blows away any other pack i've used in terms of durability and quality. I wasn't sure about the price tag, but 3 years later the pack is still going strong.

I thought Arc'teryx had a lifetime warrenty on all there gear?

bsperes

Nov 3, 2002, 9:36 PM
Post #3 of 6 (1999 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Call them, they have a great warranty. That is weird that it gave out that soon, but there are always flukes. I have a Theta AR and a Delta Shearling AR and both are bomber.

galt

Nov 3, 2002, 10:16 PM
Post #4 of 6 (1999 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I have the Arcteryx RT 45 and it could possibly be the best backpack ever made. It's not huge, but it's perfect for a day at the crag. The $200 tag is so worth it.

galt

Nov 3, 2002, 10:17 PM
Post #5 of 6 (1999 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm sorry, I just realized that this post is repeated for some odd reason. I appologize.

[ This Message was edited by: galt on 2002-11-16 14:05 ]

wiregate

Nov 4, 2002, 8:45 PM
Post #6 of 6 (1999 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I got the Arcteryx Salopette last fall for $275, and it was the best clothing purchase I've ever made for climbing. I wore it almost every time I went out for ice climbing with the exception of one or two very wet days (I knew I was going to take a bath).

Here's how I use the salopette as part of my clothing system...

I usually wear a TNF Cirque shirt and a pair of stretch tights underneath it and a Marmot Windshirt on top. I would also have a shell and belay coat in the pack. Most often I climbed with my basic setup and used the shell on really cold days over the windshirt. I found that I stayed warm and dry (didn't overheat and sweat or get too cold) in all but the heaviest run off in really wet conditions. Everything else from heavy snow to light rain was no problem.

I've had no unusual wear or anything like stitches coming undone. I really abused this thing... crampons poking the legs, screws poking and scraping off my harness, sliding down icy decent trails on my butt... and it came out of last winter like a champ. I have just one small hole the size of a dime from my crampon point on the inside of the lower leg that I'm going to patch. I expect to use it even more this winter and expect the same results. I also used it for cold rock climbing days in the spring and fall.

I've had a great experience with the salopette and wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to someone. Hopefully you'll get some resolution with their customer service.

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Alpine & Ice

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook