Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

jbrd528

Nov 5, 2002, 4:16 AM
Post #76 of 86 (6563 views)
Shortcut

Is v3 good? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

This V-3 thread is so old. How long has be on here. Who care's!!!! Just climb what you can.

betrue

Nov 5, 2002, 10:53 PM
Post #77 of 86 (6563 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Kid,
Forget what anyone thinks, nobody who will ever criticise you will ever really matter. If you are enjoying life and the climbing is good the tell anyone who says differently to f--- off. Bouldering is a one person sport and for that reason what others say should never be taken to seriously. Enjoy!

In addition, stop wasting your time on the internet and go have some more fun. I'm out.

[ This Message was edited by: betrue on 2002-11-05 14:57 ]

craggy

Nov 6, 2002, 6:07 PM
Post #78 of 86 (6563 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

yo,

v3 in 1 month? OK you either weigh 90lbs or you sent a "v3" which was most likely a v0 but some dude thought he'd call it a v3 cause he doesn't know any better. Also how many moves did it have? Also, most importantly one mans v3 is another mans v0 is another mans v8... the body type is a key factor in determining "ratings"... the whole idea behind rating a bouldering problem is lame... if it's a reachy problem then it's much harder for a short person to do, if it's a scrunchy problem then the tall people have problems...
All in all, who really gives a flying f**k what level you can climb or what other people can climb and just have fun... enough of this BS rating system! Down with the system! ANARCHY RULES!

boulderingmadman

Nov 6, 2002, 7:33 PM
Post #79 of 86 (6563 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

v3 in a month is not impossible...nor is it unheard of. i sent my first v3 roughly 2 months after i started climbing, and it was a solid v3, and i dont weigh 90 pounds...more like 170. ive also seen a buddy of mine onsight v3 first and last time EVER climbing...and it was solid(ive done it) and he dont weigh 90 pounds...

but this only enforces youre point about ratings...

boardcrazzy

Nov 6, 2002, 8:25 PM
Post #80 of 86 (6563 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I agree with everyone who says the ratings don't count and climb for yourself. The gym I learned at didn't post ratings on their routes. You just walked up to the wall and said I think I could do that and then you tried it. Your progression was from grunting and kicking the wall three times between moves to nailing every move on the route static and smooth and moving on to something else that looked doable. That's what climbing's about, form and balance no matter what the rating.

kam_ill_eon

Nov 6, 2002, 9:22 PM
Post #81 of 86 (6563 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Although there are many people that say don't pay attention to the ratings, I say start paying attention. That may be one of the most powerful motivators you have. Human nature is to push the bounds physical, mental, and social acheivments further than any man (or woman) has ever done. Our compitition is what drives us to become better. Never be satisfied. Drive,push, bite, kick, whatever you can do to become the best. Good luck with your climbing and remember to be safe.

David

quickclips

Nov 7, 2002, 12:31 AM
Post #82 of 86 (6563 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

yes grades are used to judge people against each other. But thats not whats important. You need to use the rating to improve yourself and to set goals. If you struggled with a V3 before, then yes its good. But if your pulling down V2's with ease, then V3 is an improvment, but you still have a ways to go. Congrats on your improvment.

Chris

joemor

Nov 7, 2002, 9:14 AM
Post #83 of 86 (6563 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

no.... v15 is good

craggy

Nov 7, 2002, 9:12 PM
Post #84 of 86 (6563 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

V15 is good for freaks of nature.

If you need ratings to motivate you to climb harder then that's pathetic. I don't climb to be the best in the world. I climb cause it's damn fun! I love the feel of rock on my hands, I like the body twisting moves, figuring out a way up the wall, hanging out with friends, watching as OTHER people succeed in a problem.
I'm not out there to be the best in the world, defeat all who cross me, crush my "opponents".
Satisfaction is when you know that after a day of climbing you can be proud that you tried your hardest and had fun.
It was competition that made me stop playing hockey, all those f**king a**holes on my team pressuring me to win the game, all I wanted to do was go out there and play and have a good time. That's what it's all about... that's what it SHOULD be all about. It's the passion that people have in life that makes them excel at things.

quote from Wayne Gretzky - "I was a boy that happened to love a game, and got lucky that the Good Lord gave me a passion for it".

Now go climb for fun!!!!!

phil_nev

Nov 8, 2002, 2:24 PM
Post #85 of 86 (6563 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Well said craggy, couldnt have said it better myself. I agree with everything u said.
As for Joe, dont worry about him, hes slowly turing into a hippy. Soon his rack will consist of only hexes and knotted slings.... Hes just a narky noodle arm choir boy....
(Self Proclaimed)... so dont blame me!
phil

earsen

Nov 24, 2002, 5:19 PM
Post #86 of 86 (6563 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Everyone's right about this kid spraying and boosting his ego. Anyway, here's my 2cents: V3? Yeah, that pretty seet - to a beginner and intermediate climbers alike. But hey, have you noticed the boulder broblems at your gym probably go up the V10 range. News flash, to the people who are climbing those problems - YOU SUCK!

Climb for your own enjoyment, not for bragging rights.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : Beginners

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook