Forums: Community: Campground:
The Lounge™
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 ... 1072 Next page Last page  View All

chossmonkey

Oct 30, 2008, 9:13 PM
Post #10226 of 26795 (3365 views)
Shortcut

Re: [artm] The Lounge™ [In reply to]
Report this Post

artm wrote:
the_climber wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
the_climber wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:

Crickets are fucked!

Somebody is afraid of bugs.

Partygirl used to have crickets creeping around inside her house. She claimed they were gecko food that got away.

Actually, if you roast them they taste like peanuts.
If you fry them they taste like the peanuts too.
Wierd.

chossmonkey

Oct 30, 2008, 9:14 PM
Post #10227 of 26795 (3364 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

artm wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
obsessed wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
artm wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
And my fingers are a little sore.
Stop jacking off
You know Art....

Some people do actually get laid on a regular basis and don't need to jack off until their arms and fingers hurt.

Some people do actually get laid on a regular basis and still want to jack off until their arms and fingers hurt. Sides, you don't have to cuddle afterwards. You can just toss the sock off the bed and roll over and go to sleep.
Now we can add horny old man jack to the list.

This is korrect.

Still... you be lucky and happy if you have the sex drive I do, when you're my age.
I started writing something to that effect but I guess I didn't post it.

I think it was because it made you sound really old.

Huh?????????

Are you comming on to me chossy? cuz, ahh, I'm flattered and all.... and I don't want to hurt your feelings cuz I like you and all, just not in a brokeback mt kinda way. So, NO I don't want to go out on a date with you cuz Im not gay like you. Sorry.
Don't worry. I'm married. I'm not allowed to date you.

I didn't write it cause you act all butthurt when I call you Oldman Jack.

What I was going to write would have kinda been a rip on Partygirl as well. As it is she seems to be avoiding us.
Not me, just you.

BTW - who called last night? Was it Kelly?
GG is allowed to date Jack?
No.

wanderlustmd

Oct 30, 2008, 9:14 PM
Post #10228 of 26795 (3363 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dr_feelgood] The Lounge™ [In reply to]
Report this Post

So this trip may very well be over.Unsure

I just came to check the email (rest day) and found out that my mother apparently tried to downclimb into our basement after locking herself out of the house, busted a sick undercling, blew the move, m34t60mb6ed the concrete and compound fractured her right leg. Both the tibia an fibula broke in half. She then crawled up two long flights of stairs, threw a bottle of bathtub cock at the phone repeatedly until it fell and called 911.

Doug Scott, eat your heart out.

In all seriousness, she's doing ok, but it will be a long recovery. She's had one surgury so far, another on monday once the docs figure out what the hell they are going to do. Miraculously, she has no other injuries.

So I might be outta here as soon as next week. It's still up in the air, though, but I'm going to probably be leaving at least a bit early, even if she can get around ok. I spoke to her, and the first thing out of her mouth was "I'M FINE, don't come home" haha. We'll see how it goes.

Climbing lots, and enjoying it. This trip has been t3h best, I'm already scheming the next one.

-WMD

chossmonkey

Oct 30, 2008, 9:15 PM
Post #10229 of 26795 (3363 views)
Shortcut

Re: [the_climber] The Lounge™ [In reply to]
Report this Post

the_climber wrote:
artm wrote:
the_climber wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
the_climber wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
[image]http://i232.photobucket.com/albums/ee274/chossmonkey/crickets.jpg?t=1206808100[/image]

Crickets are fucked!

Partygirl used to have crickets creeping around inside her house. She claimed they were gecko food that got away.

Did you know boiled down ants taste like lemonaid too?
That's cool but I don't think I would have the patience to sort out the retarded ants from the normal ones

chossmonkey

Oct 30, 2008, 9:17 PM
Post #10230 of 26795 (3360 views)
Shortcut

Re: [the_climber] The Lounge™ [In reply to]
Report this Post

the_climber wrote:
artm wrote:
the_climber wrote:
artm wrote:
the_climber wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
the_climber wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:

Crickets are fucked!

Did you know boiled down ants taste like lemonaid too?
No

Care to elaborate?

It has to do with the acidity.

Fire roasted grasshoppers taste kind of like slightly burnt popcorn.
I can believe the burnt taste part

chossmonkey

Oct 30, 2008, 9:18 PM
Post #10231 of 26795 (3359 views)
Shortcut

Re: [wanderlustmd] The Lounge™ [In reply to]
Report this Post

wanderlustmd wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:
So we went out and bougt a new stove and dishwasher yesterday to the tune of $1800. Gawd, owning a house kills me!!! But the stove is quite nie. It has a convection oven to Nathan can start making better baked goods for me.

I also added photos to my pbase account of our time up at White Bluff this summer (where Nathan was working on the Monument). And yes, I'm the lame-o putting up all sorts of glamor shots of myself on a route that I still haven't sent. I don't have many good climbing shots of myself and I like these so you guys can just suck-it.
http://www.pbase.com/...rrl/white_bluff_2008

Nice pix!!

Just think how much climbing $1800 would bring youAngelic
Not much if we did as much driving as you do.

At least the price of gas has went down a bit.

chossmonkey

Oct 30, 2008, 9:30 PM
Post #10232 of 26795 (3356 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

wanderlustmd wrote:

I just came to check the email (rest day) and found out that my mother apparently tried to downclimb into our basement after locking herself out of the house, busted a sick undercling, blew the move, m34t60mb6ed the concrete and compound fractured her right leg. Both the tibia an fibula broke in half. She then crawled up two long flights of stairs, threw a bottle of bathtub cock at the phone repeatedly until it fell and called 911.

In all seriousness, she's doing ok, but it will be a long recovery. She's had one surgury so far, another on monday once the docs figure out what the hell they are going to do. Miraculously, she has no other injuries.

So I might be outta here as soon as next week. It's still up in the air, though, but I'm going to probably be leaving at least a bit early, even if she can get around ok. I spoke to her, and the first thing out of her mouth was "I'M FINE, don't come home" haha. We'll see how it goes.

Climbing lots, and enjoying it. This trip has been t3h best, I'm already scheming the next one.

-WMD
That sux.

But going home won't make it all better. Just tell them you have car trouble. Or make your parents buy you a plane ticket so you can go visit.

If worst comes to worse, just remember #16.

Feller

Oct 30, 2008, 9:33 PM
Post #10233 of 26795 (3354 views)
Shortcut

Re: [chossmonkey] The Lounge™ [In reply to]
Report this Post

chossmonkey wrote:

*stretches arms out*

*checks elbow room*

[image]http://www.jesseshunting.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/smiley_yahoo.gif[/image]

Yes..

This will do nicely.

how the HELL did this post spawn 410 pages of responses!? I mean, yea, I could read all of it, but that would take an entire work day.

someone wanna give me the short version? ;)

Arrogant_Bastard

Oct 30, 2008, 9:35 PM
Post #10234 of 26795 (3351 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Feller] The Lounge™ [In reply to]
Report this Post

Feller wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:

*stretches arms out*

*checks elbow room*

[image]http://www.jesseshunting.com/forums/style_emoticons/default/smiley_yahoo.gif[/image]

Yes..

This will do nicely.

how the HELL did this post spawn 410 pages of responses!? I mean, yea, I could read all of it, but that would take an entire work day.

Sure. Fuck off an die.

Partner artm

Oct 30, 2008, 9:35 PM
Post #10235 of 26795 (3349 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

chossmonkey wrote:
artm wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
obsessed wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
artm wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
Stop jacking off
You know Art....

Some people do actually get laid on a regular basis and don't need to jack off until their arms and fingers hurt.

Some people do actually get laid on a regular basis and still want to jack off until their arms and fingers hurt. Sides, you don't have to cuddle afterwards. You can just toss the sock off the bed and roll over and go to sleep.

This is korrect.

Still... you be lucky and happy if you have the sex drive I do, when you're my age.

Huh?????????

Are you comming on to me chossy? cuz, ahh, I'm flattered and all.... and I don't want to hurt your feelings cuz I like you and all, just not in a brokeback mt kinda way. So, NO I don't want to go out on a date with you cuz Im not gay like you. Sorry.
Chossy knows the list Jack, you can just type Number 15.
2&7
#8!

Partner artm

Oct 30, 2008, 9:37 PM
Post #10236 of 26795 (3344 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Feller wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:

*stretches arms out*

*checks elbow room*

Yes..

This will do nicely.

Shut the fuck up Donny!

chossmonkey

Oct 30, 2008, 9:41 PM
Post #10237 of 26795 (3342 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Arrogant_Bastard] The Lounge™ [In reply to]
Report this Post

Arrogant_Bastard wrote:

Sure. Fuck off an die.
What are you doing being nice to the gum?

chossmonkey

Oct 30, 2008, 9:42 PM
Post #10238 of 26795 (3341 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

artm wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
artm wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
obsessed wrote:
tripperjm wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
artm wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
Stop jacking off
You know Art....

This is korrect.

Huh?????????

Chossy knows the list Jack, you can just type Number 15.
2&7
#8!
Only if they climb.

chossmonkey

Oct 30, 2008, 9:43 PM
Post #10239 of 26795 (3340 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

artm wrote:
Feller wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:

*stretches arms out*

*checks elbow room*

Yes..

This will do nicely.

Shut the fuck up Donny!
Not you too!!!

Partner epoch

Oct 30, 2008, 9:47 PM
Post #10240 of 26795 (3334 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

wanderlustmd wrote:

-WMD
That sucks dude.

Take her advice and climb some more. She'll still be here for a few months. If anything work your way back up here and grab the bulk of your ice gear and make a northern swing.

Partner epoch

Oct 30, 2008, 9:48 PM
Post #10241 of 26795 (3333 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

Feller wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:

*stretches arms out*

*checks elbow room*

Yes..

This will do nicely.

Start at page one. Catchup.

Feller

Oct 30, 2008, 9:49 PM
Post #10242 of 26795 (3331 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

huh.

note to self: mass amounts of posts cause un-warranted anger.

maybe I'll just sit this one out....

wanderlustmd

Oct 30, 2008, 9:50 PM
Post #10243 of 26795 (3327 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

chossmonkey wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:

-WMD
That sux.

But going home won't make it all better. Just tell them you have car trouble. Or make your parents buy you a plane ticket so you can go visit.

What's #16 again?

I'd be going home to take care of her. We aren't sure how mobile she'll be. Dad has to work, sis is in college, so I'd come back to give a hand or two. I don't want to go home, but there will be other trips.

Plus, ice season is coming early by the looks of it.Laugh

wanderlustmd

Oct 30, 2008, 9:51 PM
Post #10244 of 26795 (3324 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Arrogant_Bastard] The Lounge™ [In reply to]
Report this Post

Arrogant_Bastard wrote:
Feller wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:

*stretches arms out*

*checks elbow room*

Yes..

This will do nicely.

Sure. Fuck off an die.

LOL!!

Partner artm

Oct 30, 2008, 9:54 PM
Post #10245 of 26795 (3321 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

wanderlustmd wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:

-WMD
That sux.

What's #16 again?

I'd be going home to take care of her. We aren't sure how mobile she'll be. Dad has to work, sis is in college, so I'd come back to give a hand or two. I don't want to go home, but there will be other trips.

look at your sig

Partner epoch

Oct 30, 2008, 9:55 PM
Post #10246 of 26795 (3319 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

wanderlustmd wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:

-WMD
That sux.

What's #16 again?

Matt,

My mother broke her Tib/Fib falling off of a roof. I know just how immobile your mother is going to be. In actuality, she'll appreciate the help. Dunno how you feel about being at her every beckoning call. Due to the severity of my mother's break - open compound fracture (think: The only things that were still connected to each other were the major arteries and veins, some nerves and tendon) - my mom was off of her feet and out of work for nearly a year. Complications due to the nature of the break ended up with her having several bone grafts, skin grafts, and eventually an ankle fusion leaving her in the state that she currently is in. You saw the recent scar on her foot while you were there? That was from a few screws being removed. It really does suck.

(This post was edited by epoch on Oct 30, 2008, 9:57 PM)

wanderlustmd

Oct 30, 2008, 9:56 PM
Post #10247 of 26795 (3318 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

artm wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:

-WMD
That sux.

What's #16 again?

look at your sig

Yah, talk about ironic.
though A_Bs recent comment might qualify as a new one.

wanderlustmd

Oct 30, 2008, 10:01 PM
Post #10248 of 26795 (3313 views)
Shortcut

Re: [epoch] The Lounge™ [In reply to]
Report this Post

epoch wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:

-WMD
That sux.

What's #16 again?

Matt,

My mother broke her Tib/Fib falling off of a roof. I know just how immobile your mother is going to be. In actuality, she'll appreciate the help. Dunno how you feel about being at her every beckoning call. Due to the severity of my mother's break - open compound fracture (think: The only things that were still connected to each other were the major arteries and veins, some nerves and tendon) - my mom was off of her feet and out of work for nearly a year. Complications due to the nature of the break ended up with her having several bone grafts, skin grafts, and eventually an ankle fusion leaving her in the state that she currently is in. You saw the scar on her foot while you were there? That was from a few screws being removed.

It happened in 1996.

Ugh.
They are saying a good nine months recovery. They had her up and around trying to use the walker a day or two after her first surgury, but she's going in again to have hardware put in, probably on Monday. Hopefully we will have a better idea after she gets through that. They are probably going to start her in a wheelchair.

Every case is different, of course, but I'm betting she'll probably need more help than she'd like at first. It's the sort of thing that my parents would never ask me to to come back, but I know they'd appreciate it. Still too early to tell, though; maybe she'll do better than expected.

I'll keep ya posted.

chossmonkey

Oct 30, 2008, 10:09 PM
Post #10249 of 26795 (3286 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

wanderlustmd wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:

-WMD
That sux.

What's #16 again?

16. Sometimes climbing is all about disapointing your loved ones.

The first week will be the toughest. It was for me anyway. After that I was fine on my own.

Anyway, ask Doc, she'll be fine. Just get her a lot of beer and a laptop.

You don't know there will be other trips. You could get paralyzed in a car wreck on your way home.

Partner epoch

Oct 30, 2008, 10:09 PM
Post #10250 of 26795 (3285 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post

wanderlustmd wrote:
epoch wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:
chossmonkey wrote:
wanderlustmd wrote:

-WMD
That sux.

What's #16 again?

Matt,

My mother broke her Tib/Fib falling off of a roof. I know just how immobile your mother is going to be. In actuality, she'll appreciate the help. Dunno how you feel about being at her every beckoning call. Due to the severity of my mother's break - open compound fracture (think: The only things that were still connected to each other were the major arteries and veins, some nerves and tendon) - my mom was off of her feet and out of work for nearly a year. Complications due to the nature of the break ended up with her having several bone grafts, skin grafts, and eventually an ankle fusion leaving her in the state that she currently is in. You saw the scar on her foot while you were there? That was from a few screws being removed.

It happened in 1996.

Ugh.
They are saying a good nine months recovery. They had her up and around trying to use the walker a day or two after her first surgury, but she's going in again to have hardware put in, probably on Monday. Hopefully we will have a better idea after she gets through that. They are probably going to start her in a wheelchair.

Every case is different, of course, but I'm betting she'll probably need more help than she'd like at first. It's the sort of thing that my parents would never ask me to to come back, but I know they'd appreciate it. Still too early to tell, though; maybe she'll do better than expected.

I'll keep ya posted.

My mother was laid up in a hospital bed for WEEKS in the living room. The biggest thing that you could do for her is keep her off of her feet. Inevitably she'll get the notion that she is further along than she actually is and will try to use her leg. Which, will invariably end up pushing her healing to the right on the schedule.

Part of me says to advise you to stay on your trip, and the other - wiser part - advises you to head home to help. It's stressful and unless she has a job that she can take months off of, go to it in a wheel chair, or telecommute they're going to be on one income too.

The whole process is quite involved, and it's true that only time will tell. She'll also not be able to drive during much of the healing time too. Hey, at least your car is set up for a broken passenger!

First page Previous page 1 ... 406 407 408 409 410 411 412 413 414 ... 1072 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook