RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

krillen

Oct 22, 2001, 8:58 PM
Post #1 of 12 (3318 views)
Shortcut

whats up
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

uuuhhhh Method? I have yet to hear Fiend beat his chest. In fact he's quite the opposite. Do you have an example of what you are talking about or are you just shovelling? Honestly, if you have proof I'd like to see it.

andy_lemon

Oct 22, 2001, 9:02 PM
Post #2 of 12 (3318 views)
Shortcut

whats up [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

You are so right! Man, just think if Sharma wouldn't have told anyone about "realisation"... That would have been the smartest move of his career.

dumba....

paulc

Oct 22, 2001, 9:35 PM
Post #3 of 12 (3318 views)
Shortcut

whats up [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Ok, now everyone calm down. People like to have other people know about their accomplishments. I bet you never told anyone when you send that Vxx or 5.1x route that you had been working on for a month right?

Just cause his opinion is different than yours doesn't mean that he is a DA, good discussions come out of widely varying opinions.

Stay cool.

Paul

kriso9tails

Oct 22, 2001, 10:03 PM
Post #4 of 12 (3318 views)
Shortcut

whats up [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Why is it that if somebody posts 'I just sent my first 10 on lead' everyone is all supportive and happy, but if manboy mentions a climb that happens to be a 13 or 14 everyone gets all pissy. If I mention the grades that I climb nobody cares because the grades aren't that high, but for Steve there's a total double standard. Fiend hardly ever mentions how hard he climbs and he never emphasizes it. It's beginning to sound like a term synonymous with an electra complex. Prove something or give it up. I would talk about Chris Geislers if somebody wanted to inform me about him and his accomplishment be it by grades or just general character and spirit. Last point: What does this have to do with Ontario climbers. There are lots of us and I doubt that Ontarion climbers appreciate such generalizations. Would it make sense if I called all Alberta climbers jerks because two were rude to me?

krillen

Oct 22, 2001, 10:23 PM
Post #5 of 12 (3318 views)
Shortcut

whats up [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Honestly, when I put my response I was looking for proof of those two (Fiend and Manboy) spouting off about how hard they climb simply because I haven't seen it. Give me qoutes or examples to prove me wrong and I'll conceed the point. I just HONESTLY haven't seen it?

fiend

Oct 22, 2001, 10:31 PM
Post #6 of 12 (3318 views)
Shortcut

whats up [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

This is funny.

Method do you read Gripped magazine? Formerly: Gripped, Canada's climbing magazine?

The Niagara Glen recently recieved the ascent of its first V11, making that the hardest boulder problem in central and eastern Canada ( a landmass larger than the US) This is a fairly large achievement, in my eyes at least.
Well, some of the local climbers asked Gripped if it would feature the climb in a one page article showing a move by move photo sequence (Gripped runs this feature on a problem or route every issue). The local climbers wanted to know what the sequence was and hey, maybe get a little recognition.
Guess what they were told?

'Maybe if the problem was in BC, there aren't enough hard climbers in Ontario.' (not an exact quote)

Two months later the magazine (who's catchphrase was "all canadian content") featured a full page on some V6 at Joe's Valley, Utah.

That's the kind of respect we get. Some local boys are finally sending some hard climbs (Sonnie Trotter.) and you want to dump on us. Kris is right, if manboy mentioned the 5.6 he climbed you would probably be congratulating him. Truth of it is he climbs harder than you and maybe that pisses you off? I don't know why you feel the need to call down Ontario climbers.

Oh, and another thing, the west coast of Canada is world famous for it's cushy grades, why is that? Do you feel the need to grade 5.9s as 5.11s to feel tougher? I blame you personally, Method, for whatever, either you suck or you climb too hard.

See how intelligent that makes me look? Don't bash other people you don't know, I am currently climbing all of V3 and I don't ever remember spraying about it.

fiend

Oct 22, 2001, 10:40 PM
Post #7 of 12 (3318 views)
Shortcut

whats up [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Method: you're not Mark Toth are you?

paulc

Oct 22, 2001, 10:49 PM
Post #8 of 12 (3318 views)
Shortcut

whats up [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey now, not all BC climbs are over rated, some boulder probs are, but some of the 11's I've been on are solid 11. Like you said, the proof is in the pudding. Which climbs are you talking about.

Not getting defensive, just proving a point. He shouldn't have lumped all Ont climbers into one pot, just like you all shouldn't lump all us westcoasters into one pot either.

Why can't we all just get along????

Paul

krillen

Oct 22, 2001, 10:50 PM
Post #9 of 12 (3318 views)
Shortcut

whats up [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

i think he was using that as an example of what Method sounded like Paul...

fiend

Oct 22, 2001, 10:52 PM
Post #10 of 12 (3318 views)
Shortcut

whats up [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I made that rash generalization to point out how absurd it looks when it's done by someone else.

Quote:
Oh, and another thing, the west coast of Canada is world famous for it's cushy grades, why is that? Do you feel the need to grade 5.9s as 5.11s to feel tougher? I blame you personally, Method, for whatever, either you suck or you climb too hard.

See how intelligent that makes me look?

[ This Message was edited by: fiend on 2001-10-22 15:52 ]

Partner rrrADAM

Oct 22, 2001, 11:57 PM
Post #11 of 12 (3318 views)
Shortcut

whats up [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I have to agree with krillen, I've never heard fiend spray, I'll refrain from comment on the other climber in question.

rrrADAM

andy_lemon

Oct 23, 2001, 12:22 AM
Post #12 of 12 (3318 views)
Shortcut

whats up [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

fiend you are climbing V3 now you arse! I'm still stuck at trying to get over the V2 hump... lol

p.s. Don't be afraid to tell me when you get to V4. I know you won't be bragging.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook