RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Technique & Training

Premier Sponsor:

jasonbickford

Nov 10, 2008, 7:16 PM
Post #1 of 3 (473 views)
Shortcut

Need help gathering resources for local gym climbing clinics
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I'm a staff member at a climbing gym used by university students. In the past we have done climbing clinics and we wish to continue this. We have mostly done basic stuff: basic foot work, introduction to bouldering, etc... but I want to do some more advanced stuff (crimping techniques, proper smearing, injuries, etc).

Does anybody know any resources to find articles on these topics? Years ago I had a link to a website that had just lists of printable articles to go through during local gym classes but I dont have that link anymore, does anyone have that?

Thanks everybody!

-Jason

fenix83

Nov 10, 2008, 9:03 PM
Post #2 of 3 (443 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jasonbickford] Need help gathering resources for local gym climbing clinics [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I don't know of any sites, but there are a few articles in here that would definitely be worth a read. Other than that I'd go for the John Long, Erick Horst books and The Self Coached Climber. You should have enough in there to last you a lifetime.

-F

sidepull

Nov 10, 2008, 10:23 PM
Post #3 of 3 (414 views)
Shortcut

Re: [fenix83] Need help gathering resources for local gym climbing clinics [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

fenix is correct, the best resource is the self-coached climber (heck, you could even show parts of the DVD for technique training).

If you're simply looking to download stuff, there used to be a lot of good, focused training articles on planetfear.com (click here http://www.planetfear.com/...5B%5D=1&cat_id=8 select "training" type "gresham" in the "search keywords field" and click "climb").

Neil also has his own site here with a different/new set of articles that seem a bit broader than what you're talking about:
http://www.climbingmasterclass.com/training/protips.htm

good luck.

Forums : Climbing Information : Technique & Training

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook