Forums: Climbing Disciplines: Alpine & Ice:
Its starting to look like a really dry winter....
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Alpine & Ice

Premier Sponsor:

secretninja

Dec 11, 2008, 6:00 PM
Post #1 of 15 (1933 views)
Shortcut

Its starting to look like a really dry winter....
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

First off, i'm from the Calgary region of Alberta. Both myself and my climbing partners have been chomping at the bit to get out and hit some ice, however, nothering anywhaere seems to have formed. We have been out to almost everything in and around the Canmore Valley and few in the Kananaskis, but its pretty sparse all around. Does anyone know where we can find some fat ice? Or know the conditons out in the ghost? Any help would be hot.

shockabuku

Dec 11, 2008, 6:27 PM
Post #2 of 15 (1898 views)
Shortcut

Re: [secretninja] Its starting to look like a really dry winter.... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

YOU LIZE!!ONE11!!

granite_grrl

Dec 11, 2008, 9:04 PM
Post #3 of 15 (1847 views)
Shortcut

Re: [secretninja] Its starting to look like a really dry winter.... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

You are obviously looking in all the wrong places, I know people who have been ice climbing, but I don't live there so I'm not sure where. I would think you'd get more information on live the vision than on rc.com any day.

irregularpanda

Dec 11, 2008, 9:19 PM
Post #4 of 15 (1832 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

secretninja wrote:
Kananaskis

gesundheit

carabiner96

Dec 12, 2008, 1:13 AM
Post #5 of 15 (1768 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Not here. It's still raining by the gallon. Mad

chossmonkey

Dec 12, 2008, 7:35 PM
Post #6 of 15 (1693 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Ask in the Canadian partners forum.

Or this thread:http://www.rockclimbing.com/...post=1656725#1656725

chossmonkey

Dec 12, 2008, 7:36 PM
Post #7 of 15 (1690 views)
Shortcut

Re: [carabiner96] Its starting to look like a really dry winter.... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

carabiner96 wrote:
Not here. It's still raining by the gallon. Mad
It is pretty wet here too, except for where it is to cold and all the water is locked up.

coastal_climber

Dec 13, 2008, 4:06 PM
Post #8 of 15 (1649 views)
Shortcut

Re: [chossmonkey] Its starting to look like a really dry winter.... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Ranger creek. I was there Oct. 11th.

>Cam

secretninja

Dec 15, 2008, 12:14 AM
Post #9 of 15 (1586 views)
Shortcut

Re: [granite_grrl] Its starting to look like a really dry winter.... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
You are obviously looking in all the wrong places, I know people who have been ice climbing, but I don't live there so I'm not sure where. I would think you'd get more information on live the vision than on rc.com any day.

Holy unhelpful post batman! I'm glad ontario has ice. I am, unfortunately, quite a ways west of there...
Thanks for the ranger creek suggestion, though. Where abouts is it? I Can't seem to see it in the Rockies guidebook.

granite_grrl

Dec 15, 2008, 1:28 AM
Post #10 of 15 (1567 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

secretninja wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

Holy unhelpful post batman! I'm glad ontario has ice. I am, unfortunately, quite a ways west of there...
Thanks for the ranger creek suggestion, though. Where abouts is it? I Can't seem to see it in the Rockies guidebook.

Read it again dipshit. Go to http://www.live-the-vision.com, a message board full of locals with ice conditions around you. If you had no idea what I was talking about maybe you should have taken your head out of your ass and asked.

Here's the ice conditions forum too: http://live-the-vision.com/...showcat&catid=11. I assume you can figure it out from here and I can stop spoon feeding you.

Lazlo

Dec 15, 2008, 1:32 AM
Post #11 of 15 (1564 views)
Shortcut

Re: [granite_grrl] Its starting to look like a really dry winter.... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

granite_grrl wrote:
secretninja wrote:
granite_grrl wrote:

Read it again dipshit. Go to http://www.live-the-vision.com, a message board full of locals with ice conditions around you. If you had no idea what I was talking about maybe you should have taken your head out of your ass and asked.

Here's the ice conditions forum too: http://live-the-vision.com/...showcat&catid=11. I assume you can figure it out from here and I can stop spoon feeding you.

Bad day?

chossmonkey

Dec 15, 2008, 6:13 PM
Post #12 of 15 (1498 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

secretninja wrote:

Where was anyone talking about Ontario ice?

Perhaps your problem with not finding ice is your head is up your ass? Pulling it out would at least help you around this site.

Until you do get around to pulling it out, perhaps you should just STFU?

secretninja

Dec 15, 2008, 6:43 PM
Post #13 of 15 (1476 views)
Shortcut

Re: [chossmonkey] Its starting to look like a really dry winter.... [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Wow. Clearly you're as upset about the lack of ice as I am. I can tell because of the hysterical post full of name calling. I know emotions are running high, but lets try and get a hold of ourselves. First of all, lets start with this website. What about the phrase " live the vision" implies a website, exactly, especially if I hadn't heard about it before or if you didnt put a link or even a .com? And i find my way the interweb around just fine, thanks, my heads position to my ass nonwithstanding. I appreciate your attempt to help, but a vague comment about some unspecified people in an unspecified places and then a vague allusion to a unknown (at least to me) website is unhelpful in the extreme. I dont think the hissy fit was particularly classy either. Props to chossmonkey, though who didn't skip a beat trying to score points with his girlfriend. I won't even hold it against you man. Do what you've gotta do.
Now can anyone actually tell me the location of this Ranger creek? The most ice i've seen in the last eight months was when i defrosted my freezer last week, and i'm starting to go a bit batty.

chossmonkey

Dec 15, 2008, 8:03 PM
Post #14 of 15 (1449 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

secretninja wrote:
Wow. Clearly you're as upset about the lack of ice as I am. I can tell because of the hysterical post full of name calling.
Name calling?

You clearly have your head shoved further up you ass than first thought.

the_climber

Dec 16, 2008, 7:55 PM
Post #15 of 15 (1395 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hmm, lots of ice in the rockies right now... actually lots is an understatement.

Season started in mid Oct this year, then a warm spell slowed it down, back up and running in mid Nov. Hell, I've been out somwhere around 10+ days this season, with only one day where pro was maginal. I've also spent 20+ days working out of town during that time. Add to that I did some rock climbing in Novemeber...

Son, you just are not looking hard enough for the ice.

Make a post in the thread Chossy linked to, or check out Gadd's site http://www.gravsports-ice.com/icethreads

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Alpine & Ice

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook