RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Injury Treatment and Prevention

Premier Sponsor:

aquadood

Jul 6, 2009, 2:03 AM
Post #1 of 4 (4838 views)
Shortcut

Lower back pain
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hello everyone. I'm a beginner climber and am experiencing pain in my lower back after intense sessions. I have only been climbing at inddor gyms and mostly boulder. I am 6'3" which I believe is part of the reason for my back pain. Any tips or advise on how I could stretch or otherwise avoid these pains?

Jeffhardy

Jul 7, 2009, 7:25 AM
Post #2 of 4 (4796 views)
Shortcut

Re: [aquadood] Lower back pain [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

aquadood wrote:
Hello everyone. I'm a beginner climber and am experiencing pain in my lower back after intense sessions. I have only been climbing at inddor gyms and mostly boulder. I am 6'3" which I believe is part of the reason for my back pain. Any tips or advise on how I could stretch or otherwise avoid these pains?

Hi, Even I'm a beginner and been climbing at the indoor gyms for the past 6 months (Frown still not yet turned in to a pro). Stretch and floor exercises before your training sessions might help you fix this problem. Because even I too had suffered this same kind of back issue at the beginning which was hurting me allot while climbing. Then I started to seek advice from http://www.irehab.com and got rid of my back pain. Hope this might help you.

(This post was edited by Jeffhardy on Jul 7, 2009, 7:29 AM)

johnwesely

Jul 7, 2009, 12:14 PM
Post #3 of 4 (4770 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Jeffhardy] Lower back pain [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Jeffhardy wrote:
aquadood wrote:

Hi, Even I'm a beginner and been climbing at the indoor gyms for the past 6 months (Frown still not yet turned in to a pro). Stretch and floor exercises before your training sessions might help you fix this problem. Because even I too had suffered this same kind of back issue at the beginning which was hurting me allot while climbing. Then I started to seek advice from http://www.irehab.com and got rid of my back pain. Hope this might help you.

Don't worry Jeff, I am sure you will be pro soon...

flippy04

Jul 7, 2009, 12:39 PM
Post #4 of 4 (4762 views)
Shortcut

Re: [aquadood] Lower back pain [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Try doing yoga as a supplemental activity to climbing. Due to recommendation of my doc, I started after a low back injury and was thankful. My flexibility and core strength have improved immensely. That turned out to be a real bonus as far as my climbing abilities go. Actually, I hardly push weights anymore during my strength training. Good luck and be well.

Forums : Climbing Information : Injury Treatment and Prevention

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook