Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Taormina's = best pizza in PA
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

dragonflydanser

Aug 19, 2009, 3:22 PM
Post #1 of 4 (1975 views)
Shortcut

Taormina's = best pizza in PA  (North_America: United_States: Pennsylvania: Southcentral_Region: Shaffer_Rock__aka_The_Hermitage_)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

After-climb eats, if youlike really good Italian food, good prices, at Taormina's... 8228 Lincoln Way East (that be route 30), zip 17222, about 25 minutes from the rock if you head south on swift run, about 20 minutes if you head north. Either way, get to 233 North and head for route 30, left less than a mile(?)-ish. On the left. call ahead for carry out. Tell Danny Jeff and Rebekah sent ya! Won't do any good, but it'll make him feel special.

shockabuku

Aug 19, 2009, 5:06 PM
Post #2 of 4 (1956 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dragonflydanser] Taormina's = best pizza in PA [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm 100% positive that the best pizza in PA is not that far west.

In my experience, the more west you go, the worse the food is until you hit the left coast.

hansundfritz

Aug 19, 2009, 6:24 PM
Post #3 of 4 (1950 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

That place is pretty well-known to Appalachian Trial through-hikers since it is so close to where the AT crosses Rte. 30. Of course, anything hot and bulky tastes good to those dudes.

Best pizza in PA, by the way, is Mineo's in Squirrel Hill (PGH), although I really think that Pies and Pints (NRG) takes the cake in the pizza department.

roclimb

Aug 19, 2009, 6:25 PM
Post #4 of 4 (1950 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Old Forge, PA is known as the pizza capital of the world--don't beleive me, google it. If you get a chance, or ever travel throught WB/Scranton, try it. Or try Alfredos pizza in Scranton. It's not just from an episode of "The Office", the place really exists and is fantastic.

As far as pizza not being good until the "left coast", I think Chicago is good but I respect that a lot of peole don't like that style pizza.
Since I moved to the Left Coast I have been really dissapointed with the pizza here. I long for even a true NY cut.

Thats just my opinion though, not everybody has the same taste.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook