Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Taking Beginners to Chandler (or something else in west Tulsa area)
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

dalton_climbs

Aug 29, 2009, 10:48 PM
Post #1 of 4 (1873 views)
Shortcut

Taking Beginners to Chandler (or something else in west Tulsa area)  (North_America: United_States: Oklahoma: Northeast: Chandler_Park)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Ive recently moved to Stillwater OK from Utah and I'm looking to be sure my kids still get into climbing. Plus, Ive got some friends from work interested in learning to climb as well.

Id like to find a great learn-to-climb TR spot in the west Tulsa area. Ive trolled all the posts, but cant find anything that gives me some good info.

Any help out there?

(This post was edited by dalton_climbs on Aug 29, 2009, 10:49 PM)

matman44

Sep 11, 2009, 5:20 AM
Post #2 of 4 (1836 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dalton_climbs] Taking Beginners to Chandler (or something else in west Tulsa area) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Chandler really isnt a trad area, so to speak. Mainly just top roping and some boulder problems. If that helps any. Good place to climb none the less. There is also a real nice gym in oklahoma city and one in tulsa, if you want them to get some time on plastic. Hope this helps you. If you need any more info just pm me.

dalton_climbs

Sep 11, 2009, 1:21 PM
Post #3 of 4 (1818 views)
Shortcut

Re: [matman44] Taking Beginners to Chandler (or something else in west Tulsa area) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey matman...thanks for the response. I knew there were not really any trad climbs there, but I was hoping someone could give me some specific beta on beginner toproping spots.

On another note, if you are ever looking for a partner...Im new to OK and would be interested in getting the feel of the place! pm if ever interested.

oklahoma

Mar 22, 2010, 11:53 PM
Post #4 of 4 (1640 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dalton_climbs] Taking Beginners to Chandler (or something else in west Tulsa area) [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I'd hit up Skiatook. the Osage area has some good TR. I'll send you a PM

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook