Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

lhwang

Sep 3, 2009, 4:44 PM
Post #26 of 37 (6100 views)
Shortcut

Re: [gblauer] Wedding favor ideas [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

The apples sound great! I wish you and your partner all the best on your wedding day!

Definitely wear the dress you want... some people said to me that a big dress with a train was not appropriate for getting married in a meadow full of horse poop. I did anyway (attached a photo since I can't figure out how to embed photos).
Attachments: n508014789_1062719_926.jpg (69.2 KB)

gblauer

Sep 3, 2009, 4:56 PM
Post #27 of 37 (6092 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lhwang] Wedding favor ideas [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

lhwang wrote:
(attached a photo since I can't figure out how to embed photos).

Wow, what a beautiful setting for a wedding and a what a beautiful bridal party.

Thank you all for your best wishes.

Partner happiegrrrl

Sep 3, 2009, 7:14 PM
Post #28 of 37 (6083 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Congratulations, Gail! How exciting! (And stressful - hahahah).

I love the bag of apples idea. Maybe you could make a pretty card to attach to the closure.... Simple, with You and Mitch's names and the date, to more ornate, like an image like an old crate label, with your names as the "Orchard" and some cute tagline that somehow ties in with the marriage....

gblauer

Sep 3, 2009, 7:22 PM
Post #29 of 37 (6080 views)
Shortcut

Re: [happiegrrrl] Wedding favor ideas [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

happiegrrrl wrote:
Congratulations, Gail! How exciting! (And stressful - hahahah).

I love the bag of apples idea. Maybe you could make a pretty card to attach to the closure.... Simple, with You and Mitch's names and the date, to more ornate, like an image like an old crate label, with your names as the "Orchard" and some cute tagline that somehow ties in with the marriage....
Cool idea! I have to cogitate on that!

lhwang

Sep 4, 2009, 4:15 AM
Post #30 of 37 (6064 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

You could ask family members to contribute recipes for apple pie, etc. and attach those to the bags too. It would be a nice way to involve your family.

lazyanne

Sep 4, 2009, 8:29 AM
Post #31 of 37 (6061 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lhwang] Wedding favor ideas [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

gail...i will never forget time time we were sitting in that bear or bull bar in lancaster (what was that anyway?) and i saw your hands go across his legs, and you said to me...

party favors...

i think of you, gail and mitch as a dogwood tree: flowers; delicate but strong, withstanding all elements and the beauty, the delicatecy, solid arms and a reminder that no matter what ...spring will come

and there is always a smile when you smell that bloom

i am so happy for both of you, you have made me smile and i cant wait to tell ashley and andrew!!!

leemouse

Sep 10, 2009, 7:14 PM
Post #32 of 37 (6016 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lazyanne] Wedding favor ideas [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

It might get pricey, depending on how many guests you have, but there are several local wineries around your "love nest in the Gunks" that will produce a couple of cases of wine with a custom label. If you have any friends who are artists you can ask them to design something climbing-related for the label.

They do custom printed M&Ms in little wedding favor bags, which you can put a photo of just about anything on!

'biner keychains? Probably a little too lowbrow, but you could get your names and wedding date etched on them.

markc

Sep 16, 2009, 3:03 PM
Post #33 of 37 (5980 views)
Shortcut

Re: [leemouse] Wedding favor ideas [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

leemouse wrote:
'biner keychains? Probably a little too lowbrow, but you could get your names and wedding date etched on them.

I thought of engraved keychain carabiners, as well. Lots of people use them, so it's something that's likely to be taken and appreciated. It's climbing themed without being over the top.

Sigg bottles are kind of spendy. I don't know how fancy or casual your wedding will be. One casual idea would be to put flower arrangements in Sigg bottles at each table. One person at each table can take the bottle home. (Pick someone at random and put a label on the inside of their name card.)

For the apples, it would be cool if they were distributed in tiny crates.

Partner cracklover

Oct 2, 2009, 4:46 AM
Post #34 of 37 (5916 views)
Shortcut

Re: [wes_allen] Wedding favor ideas [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

wes_allen wrote:
Coolest climber favors so far have been climbing themed cakes.

Wes, wish you could come to our wedding, just so you could photo our cake! It's going to be sooo cool. Won't give away more than that, though.

And we've also been collecting rocks from climbing locations, which will also be part of the ceremony!

But back on topic...

Our favors are simple - columbine seeds (a very pretty wildflower that's the state flower of CO), and a yummy beeswax lip balm from a local company (with a cool graphic we made on it).

Simple, cheap, and what active outdoorsy person doesn't use chapstick or equivalent?

Gail, I think we'll be just a week before you. Where are you doing yours? Near the Gunks somewhere?

Good luck, and have fun!

GO

wes_allen

Oct 2, 2009, 5:19 AM
Post #35 of 37 (5913 views)
Shortcut

Re: [cracklover] Wedding favor ideas [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I just photographed a very cool climber couple wedding in Estes Park last weekend - cool climber themed grooms cake, but other then that, the most popular climber themed wedding favor is called "open bar", far and away. Should have some photos of it on the blog by early next week, or find my on facebook for a preview set I put up yesterday.

cracklover wrote:
wes_allen wrote:
Coolest climber favors so far have been climbing themed cakes.

Wes, wish you could come to our wedding, just so you could photo our cake! It's going to be sooo cool. Won't give away more than that, though.

And we've also been collecting rocks from climbing locations, which will also be part of the ceremony!

But back on topic...

Our favors are simple - columbine seeds (a very pretty wildflower that's the state flower of CO), and a yummy beeswax lip balm from a local company (with a cool graphic we made on it).

Simple, cheap, and what active outdoorsy person doesn't use chapstick or equivalent?

Gail, I think we'll be just a week before you. Where are you doing yours? Near the Gunks somewhere?

Good luck, and have fun!

GO

wes_allen

Nov 1, 2009, 3:52 AM
Post #36 of 37 (5868 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Last two weddings were climbers, have some images on the blog = http://www.wtallenphotography.com/blog Krista and Peter; and Julie and Kenny are the posts. Krista and Peter had a full scale climber wedding - ceremony at Torrent (peter got in a pitch before getting ready), Martines (climbers) did the cake, and Miguels did the catering. Fun day for sure. Plus, the open bar seemed pretty popular!

gblauer

Nov 7, 2009, 4:16 PM
Post #37 of 37 (5832 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Wow, your photography is beautiful!

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : The Ladies' Room

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook