Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
New guidebook for Northern California
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

tslater

Oct 8, 2009, 3:56 AM
Post #1 of 11 (6709 views)
Shortcut

New guidebook for Northern California  (North_America: United_States: California: Northern_California)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

New guidebook for Northern California "California Road Trip - A Climber's Guide to Northern California" by Slater and Summit 456 pgs, large 8x10 format, topos, maps, photos, over 100 crags, over 2,000 routes See a table of contents at
http://www.slatervision.com/id21.html
or go to maximuspress.com

mojomonkey

Oct 8, 2009, 1:09 PM
Post #2 of 11 (6705 views)
Shortcut

Re: [tslater] New guidebook for Northern California [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Posting your advertisement in this (Northern California) forum makes sense. Or to the California forum. But did you really need to spam your book to eight regional forums to take up half of the list of topics in here?

Poor etiquette, particularly when it is explicitly against the forum rules (no advertising, not repeating the same post). Kudos to you for working on a guide and being excited about it, but don't be an ass.

Lazlo

Oct 8, 2009, 1:20 PM
Post #3 of 11 (6704 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

tslater wrote:
New guidebook for Northern California "California Road Trip - A Climber's Guide to Northern California" by Slater and Summit 456 pgs, large 8x10 format, topos, maps, photos, over 100 crags, over 2,000 routes See a table of contents at

or go to maximuspress.com

I think I saw this in a periodical recently. Looks sweet

dingus

Oct 8, 2009, 2:01 PM
Post #4 of 11 (6695 views)
Shortcut

Re: [mojomonkey] New guidebook for Northern California [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

mojomonkey wrote:
Posting your advertisement in this (Northern California) forum makes sense. Or to the California forum. But did you really need to spam your book to eight regional forums to take up half of the list of topics in here?

Poor etiquette, particularly when it is explicitly against the forum rules (no advertising, not repeating the same post). Kudos to you for working on a guide and being excited about it, but don't be an ass.

Oh jesus christ shut the fuck up. This is climbing spam and on topic.

DMT

tslater

Oct 8, 2009, 3:23 PM
Post #5 of 11 (6674 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dingus] New guidebook for Northern California [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

My apologies if I broke any "rules".
Getting the word out to people who can benefit and use the guide is slow going, so I appreciate your patience. If you don't like the post skip it.

mojomonkey

Oct 8, 2009, 3:36 PM
Post #6 of 11 (6669 views)
Shortcut

Re: [dingus] New guidebook for Northern California [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

dingus wrote:
mojomonkey wrote:

Oh jesus christ shut the fuck up. This is climbing spam and on topic.

DMT

Posting a California guidebook advertisement in Colorado is "on topic"? I could fly to Northern California from pretty much any US state in less time than I could "road trip" there from CO. I'm glad not every guidebook author, or purveyor of whatever climbing-related item, feels free to use that definition of on topic to decide which forums to spam.

It's fine though, I'll survive. I find 8 copies of the same thread in the regional forum annoying. You found my post annoying. We both vented and feel better.

tslater

Oct 12, 2009, 6:02 PM
Post #7 of 11 (6635 views)
Shortcut

Re: [mojomonkey] New guidebook for Northern California [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Um, there is a flaw in your logic... "I could fly to Northern California from pretty much any US state in less time than I could "road trip" there from CO."

It isn't about Road Tripping from Colorado to California. It's about Road Tripping IN California.

You can fly to California from Colorado (or anywhere), but then what? You are still going to have to get in a car and drive to climb, aren't you? Thus the Road Trip guide and posts.

And people in Colorado are more likely to read their regional forum than California's, thus the multiple posts.

(This post was edited by tslater on Oct 12, 2009, 10:04 PM)

Lazlo

Oct 13, 2009, 7:30 PM
Post #8 of 11 (6605 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

tslater wrote:
Um, there is a flaw in your logic... "I could fly to Northern California from pretty much any US state in less time than I could "road trip" there from CO."

It isn't about Road Tripping from Colorado to California. It's about Road Tripping IN California.

You can fly to California from Colorado (or anywhere), but then what? You are still going to have to get in a car and drive to climb, aren't you? Thus the Road Trip guide and posts.

And people in Colorado are more likely to read their regional forum than California's, thus the multiple posts.

...but it doesn't have anything to do with Colorado.

tslater

Oct 13, 2009, 7:49 PM
Post #9 of 11 (6598 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Lazlo] New guidebook for Northern California [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

So people who live in Colorado shouldn't aspire to climb in California or anywhere else?
I've climbed in Colorado and used a guidebook for Colorado. And that guidebook had nothing to do with California. Tongue

(This post was edited by tslater on Oct 13, 2009, 7:53 PM)

i_h8_choss

Oct 13, 2009, 8:55 PM
Post #10 of 11 (6578 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

C'mon, we all know that Utah has the best climbing. But Im curious as to what''s in the Sequoia/Kings section?

tslater

Oct 13, 2009, 9:32 PM
Post #11 of 11 (6569 views)
Shortcut

Re: [i_h8_choss] New guidebook for Northern California [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I've climbed in Utah and you DO have excellent climbing. But no surf Frown
Go to

to see the T of C and find out just how many bitchin places are in this guide. Mainly drive by stuff, ideal for visitors and first/second timers. Tons of out of print stuff too, and even new areas with no previously written beta. People are ordering through this post so thank you! Let me know if you want a copy.

Have fun!

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook