RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Injury Treatment and Prevention

Premier Sponsor:

climbnredrock

Dec 7, 2002, 10:17 PM
Post #1 of 2 (939 views)
Shortcut

torn ligiments and knee cap out
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

on wednesday the 27 i was climbing with my brother in red rock las vegas, we were climbing healys haunted house, as i was climbing a chimney i sliped i fell i think bout 6-7 feet my left knee hit a bulge it ripped my knee cap up and out of place and tor ligiments around knee cap and i still climbed the last pitch with using one leg and hiked all the way back to the truck.
iv got pretty messed up riding my bike but this pain beats all of the crashes

[ This Message was edited by: climbnredrock on 2002-12-07 14:20 ]

bumblesbounce

Dec 8, 2002, 12:33 AM
Post #2 of 2 (939 views)
Shortcut

torn ligiments and knee cap out [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Bad boy, bad boy. I have torn, and retorn my ACL along with disloacted knee and Osgood - Schlatters. And orthopedic appoinment, I had okay results - I have My LCL and MCL (two side ligments torn along with that ACL injury, damn I have a bad knee)

Back to the topic... go see an orthopedic is the number one thing! Take pain killers (Advil) ice your injuried knee for 20 min. and than take off for an hour. Also try heating. And one more very important thing - REST, REST, REST! If you need to use crutches if hurts so much you can't walk, but remeber RICE (Rest, ice, compesion, and elevation) Also, try an ace bandage when your around the house and when you see that orthopedic, talk to him about a brace, they do work very good. And elevation your injuried knee on a pillow. And don't climb into your orhtopedic says you may, that is the only way to get it better! It may be a big sacfrice, but is worth it! Take care!

Forums : Climbing Information : Injury Treatment and Prevention

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook