Forums: Community: Campground:
Sty's Post Count Increaser
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 ... 1814 Next page Last page  View All

notapplicable

Mar 3, 2010, 7:31 AM
Post #5026 of 45342 (11235 views)
Shortcut

Re: [kachoong] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

kachoong wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
kachoong wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
Lazlo wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
MDDFTW!!!!
ugh?

meeting Double D FTW!

Closing a bit of the PCI gap eh?

I missed Magnus when he was over here but I'm headed to Austin for work from the 8th to the 15th. Perhaps I'll run in to Kachoong.

Next month? Could be possible... we may be busy that week though...

Yeah, I'm headed down in a few days. It's gonna be a week full of putting names to faces, working and training. Not exactly a good time for all but I've never been to the "Hottest State" so I'm not gonna complain too much about a free ride.

I don't even know what part of Texas you're in. Are you familiar with Austin? Any worthwhile bouldering near by?

Sounds like a worthy journey... unfortuately it won't be too hot when you come down. I guess in Austin it may be ok round this time... perhaps a day or two in the 70's if you're lucky... or it could go the other way.

We're about 4 hours drive West of Austin. I've heard there's bouldering at McKinney Falls... may want to check out erockonline.com for info. Never been there. There's lot of other places too I've heard... check out this guide. http://www.erockonline.com/pdf/TLBintroweb.pdf

4 hours eh? Yeah, I doubt I'll be bumping in to you at the grocery store.Tongue

Thanks for the link though, I'll give it a look and see what I can find. A lot will depend on the hours we work, I might end up just hitting a local gym.

notapplicable

Mar 3, 2010, 7:38 AM
Post #5027 of 45342 (11233 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Gmburns2000] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
Greg. Dude. Holy earthquakes in Chile Batman!!

Where you headed anywhere near Concepcion on your trip?

not really, though I was going to visit it at some point because it is a main city. I'm still planning on Santiago, but I have some research to do now to ensure that things are OK (i.e. - safe and / or I'm not walking into a shit storm where there's a lack of housing).

I heard Chile has officially asked that "unnecessary travel" to the region (possibly the entire country) be discontinued for the time being. I doubt that will last for more than a few weeks but it's possible that a large portion of the country will be so wrapped up in the relief efforts that security and accommodations will be compromised for some time to come. Hopefully not but that was one hell of a quake.

Yeah, we'll see. One of my contacts recently told me that Santiago was fine and that folks are pretty much heading to work on Monday. Intl flights started landing at that airport today. Gonna wait to hear back from a few other contacts, though. I have a few weeks anyway (stupid MA takes six weeks?!?! to get through a subsidized COBRA application. WTF?!? So, yeah, I got some time.

it's nice though. My dad set up my grandfather's governor's desk (the grandfather who died while I was in Argentina in Nov) to write on. When I saw it set up I was astounded at how comfortable / inspiring it looked. I'm not one for contrived sentiment either. It just looked / felt right.

Been productive today, so happy about that.

Six weeks? Fuck that. Things sound promising on being able to go forward with the trip though. Which is good news.

So, you mentioned something earlier about "the move". Are sticking around Mass. until you leave or are you headed back out west?

I moved out of my apt yesterday and am now in Maine at my Dad's. Didn't know the earthquake had happened. Everyone who helped me move told me about it, but I thought they were joking around. We had the news on the TV and it never came on, so I really thought it was a joke. Then I heard it on the radio.

Will be in Maine until COBRA is sorted out. Then I'll figure out what is going on in Chile (safe? practical? etc...). If I can go in a few weeks, then I'll go. if I can't, then I'll see what Jeremiah is up to in April. He is busy in March. In fact, he'll be in N Carolina in march for some climber training thingie.

Good way to cut costs in the interim and you can still get plenty of work writing done. BTW, how does it feel to be unemployed? Pretty damn fine I bet.Tongue

Oh and if you're still around when my brother and I come up for our spring Gunks trip, I'll hit you up. It's likely to be late April or sometime in May though, so you'll probably be gone by then.

It's funny because I don't feel unemployed at all. I feel as if I'm a writer. I AM a writer, so I'm employed, just not making any cash at the moment.

Damn right. And in my experience, albeit in a completely different field, working on spec is by far the most rewarding.

notapplicable

Mar 3, 2010, 7:39 AM
Post #5028 of 45342 (11231 views)
Shortcut

Re: [donald949] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

donald949 wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
donald949 wrote:
...3 bolts in 100 feet. blow the 3rd deck 80 feet type spurt climbing.

Yes please!

On slab

ie, no gear.

Yes please!

notapplicable

Mar 3, 2010, 7:43 AM
Post #5029 of 45342 (11229 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Lazlo] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Lazlo wrote:
My toes still tingle and are numb. My AT boots aren't that great for winter mountaineering. Frown

That might not be a good thing.

On the upside, it looks like the weather was pretty clear and the climbing good. Nice shots man.

notapplicable

Mar 3, 2010, 7:46 AM
Post #5030 of 45342 (11227 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
notapplicable wrote:

FTW!

Dude, I don't know, hmmm, geeshh, I mean, what is there to, wow, I just can't, wow! I'm so turned on right now!

notapplicable

Mar 3, 2010, 7:48 AM
Post #5031 of 45342 (11225 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
climbing with Epoch in an hour. DON'T DROPZ ME BRO!!!

Careful, I hear he's an asshole.

notapplicable

Mar 3, 2010, 7:49 AM
Post #5032 of 45342 (11223 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
epoch wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:

I WILL NOT READ YOUR BLOG!!!!

OMG! He's an even BIGGER asshole in real life!!!!

Tried to warn you. Sorry I was too late.

Lazlo

Mar 3, 2010, 12:52 PM
Post #5033 of 45342 (11212 views)
Shortcut

Re: [notapplicable] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
Lazlo wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
Lazlo wrote:
NOAA Weather wrote:
...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 4 PM THIS AFTERNOON TO
4 AM PST SATURDAY ABOVE 4500 FEET....

gOOd times!
yep.
[image]http://photos-d.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs460.ash1/25314_1308772714363_1081922301_938642_7088268_n.jpg[/image]

Smile

Thats awesome.
Why thank you

Lazlo

Mar 3, 2010, 12:54 PM
Post #5034 of 45342 (11211 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Lazlo wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
Lazlo wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
Lazlo wrote:
NOAA Weather wrote:
...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 4 PM THIS AFTERNOON TO
4 AM PST SATURDAY ABOVE 4500 FEET....

gOOd times!
yep.

Smile

Thats awesome.
Why thank you

Dot removal

Lazlo

Mar 3, 2010, 12:55 PM
Post #5035 of 45342 (11209 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
[image]http://vanessagx.files.wordpress.com/2007/05/bondage-rubber-yikes.jpg[/image]

FTW!

Dude, I don't know, hmmm, geeshh, I mean, what is there to, wow, I just can't, wow! I'm so turned on right now!

Sooooo disgusting. Because of this picture, I haven't been able to read the spci when anyone else is in the living room. MadCrazy

Lazlo

Mar 3, 2010, 12:56 PM
Post #5036 of 45342 (11207 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Lazlo wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
[image]http://vanessagx.files.wordpress.com/2007/05/bondage-rubber-yikes.jpg[/image]

FTW!

Sooooo disgusting. Because of this picture, I haven't been able to read the spci when anyone else is in the living room. MadCrazy

Every so often Leigha will see me speed-scroll past some pictures or something and it catches her attention. "What was that? That was awful fast."

Lazlo

Mar 3, 2010, 12:57 PM
Post #5037 of 45342 (11205 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Lazlo wrote:
Lazlo wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
notapplicable wrote:

FTW!

Every so often Leigha will see me speed-scroll past some pictures or something and it catches her attention. "What was that? That was awful fast."

"Oh nothing. Just something Bryan posted."

Lazlo

Mar 3, 2010, 12:57 PM
Post #5038 of 45342 (11203 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Lazlo wrote:
Lazlo wrote:
Lazlo wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
notapplicable wrote:

FTW!

Problem solved.

Lazlo

Mar 3, 2010, 12:59 PM
Post #5039 of 45342 (11201 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Lazlo wrote:
Lazlo wrote:
Lazlo wrote:
Lazlo wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
notapplicable wrote:

FTW!

Problem solved averted.

Lazlo

Mar 3, 2010, 1:00 PM
Post #5040 of 45342 (11199 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Time to go eat some tasty shredded wheat and watch the morning news.

kachoong

Mar 3, 2010, 1:32 PM
Post #5041 of 45342 (11207 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
kachoong wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
kachoong wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
Lazlo wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
MDDFTW!!!!
ugh?

meeting Double D FTW!

Closing a bit of the PCI gap eh?

I missed Magnus when he was over here but I'm headed to Austin for work from the 8th to the 15th. Perhaps I'll run in to Kachoong.

Next month? Could be possible... we may be busy that week though...

Yeah, I'm headed down in a few days. It's gonna be a week full of putting names to faces, working and training. Not exactly a good time for all but I've never been to the "Hottest State" so I'm not gonna complain too much about a free ride.

I don't even know what part of Texas you're in. Are you familiar with Austin? Any worthwhile bouldering near by?

Sounds like a worthy journey... unfortuately it won't be too hot when you come down. I guess in Austin it may be ok round this time... perhaps a day or two in the 70's if you're lucky... or it could go the other way.

We're about 4 hours drive West of Austin. I've heard there's bouldering at McKinney Falls... may want to check out erockonline.com for info. Never been there. There's lot of other places too I've heard... check out this guide. http://www.erockonline.com/pdf/TLBintroweb.pdf

4 hours eh? Yeah, I doubt I'll be bumping in to you at the grocery store.Tongue

Thanks for the link though, I'll give it a look and see what I can find. A lot will depend on the hours we work, I might end up just hitting a local gym.

We just discussed going to Austin soon, but I think it won't be until later in the week of the 15th... oh well.

You'd probably have more fun if you head down to the Green Belt with your harness and shoes and jump on someones rope. The gym in Austin is teh suck IMO!

kachoong

Mar 3, 2010, 1:39 PM
Post #5042 of 45342 (11203 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Lazlo wrote:
Lazlo wrote:
Lazlo wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
notapplicable wrote:

FTW!

Ah, the joy of kids... bending their thouhts and beliefs... innocent trickery at its finest.

Lazlo

Mar 3, 2010, 1:48 PM
Post #5043 of 45342 (11200 views)
Shortcut

Re: [kachoong] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

kachoong wrote:
Lazlo wrote:
Lazlo wrote:
Lazlo wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
notapplicable wrote:

FTW!

Ah, the joy of kids... bending their thouhts and beliefs... innocent trickery at its finest.
Sly

Lazlo

Mar 3, 2010, 1:48 PM
Post #5044 of 45342 (11198 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

the url of that picture is funny "bondage-rubber-yikes"

Gmburns2000

Mar 3, 2010, 2:19 PM
Post #5045 of 45342 (11193 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
Greg. Dude. Holy earthquakes in Chile Batman!!

Where you headed anywhere near Concepcion on your trip?

not really, though I was going to visit it at some point because it is a main city. I'm still planning on Santiago, but I have some research to do now to ensure that things are OK (i.e. - safe and / or I'm not walking into a shit storm where there's a lack of housing).

I heard Chile has officially asked that "unnecessary travel" to the region (possibly the entire country) be discontinued for the time being. I doubt that will last for more than a few weeks but it's possible that a large portion of the country will be so wrapped up in the relief efforts that security and accommodations will be compromised for some time to come. Hopefully not but that was one hell of a quake.

Yeah, we'll see. One of my contacts recently told me that Santiago was fine and that folks are pretty much heading to work on Monday. Intl flights started landing at that airport today. Gonna wait to hear back from a few other contacts, though. I have a few weeks anyway (stupid MA takes six weeks?!?! to get through a subsidized COBRA application. WTF?!? So, yeah, I got some time.

it's nice though. My dad set up my grandfather's governor's desk (the grandfather who died while I was in Argentina in Nov) to write on. When I saw it set up I was astounded at how comfortable / inspiring it looked. I'm not one for contrived sentiment either. It just looked / felt right.

Been productive today, so happy about that.

Six weeks? Fuck that. Things sound promising on being able to go forward with the trip though. Which is good news.

So, you mentioned something earlier about "the move". Are sticking around Mass. until you leave or are you headed back out west?

I moved out of my apt yesterday and am now in Maine at my Dad's. Didn't know the earthquake had happened. Everyone who helped me move told me about it, but I thought they were joking around. We had the news on the TV and it never came on, so I really thought it was a joke. Then I heard it on the radio.

Will be in Maine until COBRA is sorted out. Then I'll figure out what is going on in Chile (safe? practical? etc...). If I can go in a few weeks, then I'll go. if I can't, then I'll see what Jeremiah is up to in April. He is busy in March. In fact, he'll be in N Carolina in march for some climber training thingie.

Good way to cut costs in the interim and you can still get plenty of work writing done. BTW, how does it feel to be unemployed? Pretty damn fine I bet.Tongue

Oh and if you're still around when my brother and I come up for our spring Gunks trip, I'll hit you up. It's likely to be late April or sometime in May though, so you'll probably be gone by then.

It's funny because I don't feel unemployed at all. I feel as if I'm a writer. I AM a writer, so I'm employed, just not making any cash at the moment.

Damn right. And in my experience, albeit in a completely different field, working on spec is by far the most rewarding.

now if I could just turn that spec into a guarantee then I'd be all set.

Gmburns2000

Mar 3, 2010, 2:20 PM
Post #5046 of 45342 (11192 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
epoch wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:

I WILL NOT READ YOUR BLOG!!!!

OMG! He's an even BIGGER asshole in real life!!!!

Tried to warn you. Sorry I was too late.

Naw, it was all good. we grabbed food afterward. I had to push him back with a stick after his fourth beer, but...

Tongue

Gmburns2000

Mar 3, 2010, 2:22 PM
Post #5047 of 45342 (11191 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Lazlo wrote:

now, I don't know if it works with shredded wheat, but I HIGHLY recommend Frosted Mini Wheats with cholocate milk. HIGHLY recommend it, as in don't ask questions and do it.

Lazlo

Mar 3, 2010, 3:31 PM
Post #5048 of 45342 (11188 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
Lazlo wrote:

now, I don't know if it works with shredded wheat, but I HIGHLY recommend Frosted Mini Wheats with cholocate milk. HIGHLY recommend it, as in don't ask questions and do it.

What if I'm not that big of a fan of choco milk?

Lazlo

Mar 3, 2010, 3:31 PM
Post #5049 of 45342 (11186 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

It's a rain day today. What should I do now?

Lazlo

Mar 3, 2010, 3:32 PM
Post #5050 of 45342 (11184 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I do have to unpack from my trip and pack for this weekends trip.

First page Previous page 1 ... 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 ... 1814 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook