Forums: Community: Campground:
Sty's Post Count Increaser
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Campground

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 ... 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 ... 1814 Next page Last page  View All

notapplicable

Mar 22, 2010, 12:20 AM
Post #5401 of 45342 (8092 views)
Shortcut

Re: [notapplicable] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
epoch wrote:
I climbed today. It was 65, low humidity, and little to no wind.

Perfect.

I shall kill gmburnz tomorrow. He gets to lead the wet klimbs I didn't get to today.

Me too. A little warmer at about 73 but we had our pick of sunny and shady routes so it really couldn't have been any better.

Climbed again today as well. Exact same scenario, different venue. I sure do love this time of year.

Oh and I'm excited to see who wins in the race to kill the other. My money is on Burns, as I've dispatched a team of ninjas to assist in the rope cutting efforts.

notapplicable

Mar 22, 2010, 12:22 AM
Post #5402 of 45342 (8090 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Gmburns2000] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
epoch wrote:

Perfect.

I shall kill gmburnz tomorrow. He gets to lead the wet klimbs I didn't get to today.

OK, I'm showing up. Don't expect much, though.

Climb how you will, my only expectations are for carnage.

Do not disappoint me.

notapplicable

Mar 22, 2010, 12:26 AM
Post #5403 of 45342 (8088 views)
Shortcut

Re: [kachoong] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

kachoong wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
Hey Greg, you tryin to climb the Gunks (yes, the whole thing) next weekend?

It's a long story but I'm driving a truck from TX to NJ and I can either stop at home on Thursday and then do the last stretch on Monday, or I can just drive straight thru to NY and climb and collect per diem over the weekend. What ya think?

That's a fair drive.... what, 20-22 hours?

I might be able to cut it down to 22 if I haul ass. Mapquest says 26.

Either way, it's farther than I want to drive, thats for damn sure. Whats really fucked up is that this truck was there last week but for some reason they didn't have me bring it back then, when there were two of us to split the driving.Crazy

notapplicable

Mar 22, 2010, 12:28 AM
Post #5404 of 45342 (8086 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
kachoong wrote:
notapplicable wrote:

It's a long story but I'm driving a truck from TX to NJ and I can either stop at home on Thursday and then do the last stretch on Monday, or I can just drive straight thru to NY and climb and collect per diem over the weekend. What ya think?

haven't heard back from him either.

To many climbs, not enough time...

notapplicable

Mar 22, 2010, 12:30 AM
Post #5405 of 45342 (8083 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
nice. at least your getting out. Ecop is making me climb in 40 degree weather on sunday. Mad (blackmail sucks!).

Actually, I'm going to tag along to see where this crag is and get a feel for the place. if it warms up, then i'll climb. if not, then i'll just hang and check the place out.

Climbing accidents happen every day you know, even to green people. I doubt you'd get in any trouble if something were to happen.

Just sayin

are you telling me I missed my opportunity? Unsure

I'm disappointed in your sir.

notapplicable

Mar 22, 2010, 12:33 AM
Post #5406 of 45342 (8080 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
donald949 wrote:
[image]http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2710/4390509114_4ced4cd6f4.jpg[/image]

Um... pro????

Pro or no pro, THAT is sexy.

Yea, me want to climb dat.

After the first three pitches, that wasn't even the good pitch, or the second best pitch. A very interesting route. Black Magic (5.8) - Lotta Balls Wall

It looks like nice clean rock. I'm gonna make the trip out there one of these days...

well, it is nice clean rock - some of the best i've ever climbed - but not within 48 hours of rain apparently.

I've heard the same thing. Thankfully our sandstone out this way is much harder. Unfortunately, not as tall.

Gmburns2000

Mar 22, 2010, 12:35 AM
Post #5407 of 45342 (8075 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
donald949 wrote:

Um... pro????

After the first three pitches, that wasn't even the good pitch, or the second best pitch. A very interesting route. Black Magic (5.8) - Lotta Balls Wall

It looks like nice clean rock. I'm gonna make the trip out there one of these days...

well, it is nice clean rock - some of the best i've ever climbed - but not within 48 hours of rain apparently.

I've heard the same thing. Thankfully our sandstone out this way is much harder. Unfortunately, not as tall.

go pick up a truck out there.

Gmburns2000

Mar 22, 2010, 12:36 AM
Post #5408 of 45342 (8074 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
nice. at least your getting out. Ecop is making me climb in 40 degree weather on sunday. Mad (blackmail sucks!).

Actually, I'm going to tag along to see where this crag is and get a feel for the place. if it warms up, then i'll climb. if not, then i'll just hang and check the place out.

Climbing accidents happen every day you know, even to green people. I doubt you'd get in any trouble if something were to happen.

Just sayin

I did make him drive.

Partner epoch

Mar 22, 2010, 12:37 AM
Post #5409 of 45342 (8070 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
epoch wrote:

Perfect.

Me too. A little warmer at about 73 but we had our pick of sunny and shady routes so it really couldn't have been any better.

Climbed again today as well. Exact same scenario, different venue. I sure do love this time of year.

Oh and I'm excited to see who wins in the race to kill the other. My money is on Burns, as I've dispatched a team of ninjas to assist in the rope cutting efforts.

I tried, but he seemed to fail on the killinz part.

Zent him up a runowt for a first klimb. Decking potential fer shure.

Then I got guilt/suckered into leading while it was snowing.

Nay, the score is still 0:0

Partner epoch

Mar 22, 2010, 12:46 AM
Post #5410 of 45342 (8063 views)
Shortcut

Re: [epoch] Sty's Post Count Increaser [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Today's tic list in order of climbed:

Old Spice
Old Stud Topropeking!

Lower Charlotte's. (actually a zvhen in teh book)

Arete
Out of Gas
Dreamweaver. (Featherbaged wun won eh?)

notapplicable

Mar 22, 2010, 12:47 AM
Post #5411 of 45342 (8061 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
notapplicable wrote:

when do you need to know by? my dad wants me to spend the weekend yanking trees out of the back yard. there's an outside chance I could get out of it, but maybe not.

Oh, and i probably can't be there until Sat morning because a friend is making his acting debut in a play friday night. but sat - mon might work.

I wouldn't be getting in to town until late friday anyway so thats no big deal. I could only do Sat. and Sun. though, got to be back in NJ on Monday morning to outfit the truck.

Hmmm...not sure if a 12-hour drive (roundtrip) is worth 1.5 days of climbing. Too bad you can't do Monday.

Let's touch base on Wed and see where we're at. If it's raining down there on the weekend then we should cancel. If it isn't, then we gotta decide.

Oh yeah, your not in Boston anymore are you? I was was thinking it would be like half that.

I totally agree, 12 hours is too far for a two day weekend in a place you've already climbed plenty and the circumstances being what they are, I doubt I can take monday off.

Oh well, I'll be up there for a longer stretch later this spring so we can plan farther in advance and climb for long enough to justify the drive.

notapplicable

Post #5412 of 45342 (8059 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
epoch wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:

Bring a jacket, gloves, wollen hat, wear long johns, get some handwarmers, and find your dignity!

He's an unemployed, quasi homeless white boy.

No dignity to be found.

I'm not unemployed; I'm a writer. However, the rest of the statement is completely true.

Sly

Gmburns2000

Post #5413 of 45342 (8057 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

epoch wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
epoch wrote:

Perfect.

I almost had you on the guilt thing, too, dammit!

Gmburns2000

Mar 22, 2010, 12:49 AM
Post #5414 of 45342 (8053 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
notapplicable wrote:

when do you need to know by? my dad wants me to spend the weekend yanking trees out of the back yard. there's an outside chance I could get out of it, but maybe not.

Oh, and i probably can't be there until Sat morning because a friend is making his acting debut in a play friday night. but sat - mon might work.

I wouldn't be getting in to town until late friday anyway so thats no big deal. I could only do Sat. and Sun. though, got to be back in NJ on Monday morning to outfit the truck.

Hmmm...not sure if a 12-hour drive (roundtrip) is worth 1.5 days of climbing. Too bad you can't do Monday.

Let's touch base on Wed and see where we're at. If it's raining down there on the weekend then we should cancel. If it isn't, then we gotta decide.

Oh yeah, your not in Boston anymore are you? I was was thinking it would be like half that.

I totally agree, 12 hours is too far for a two day weekend in a place you've already climbed plenty and the circumstances being what they are, I doubt I can take monday off.

Oh well, I'll be up there for a longer stretch later this spring so we can plan farther in advance and climb for long enough to justify the drive.

that sounds good. just let me know and make sure it's after April 28, 'cause that's when I'm back from CO.

notapplicable

Mar 22, 2010, 12:51 AM
Post #5415 of 45342 (8052 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
donald949 wrote:

Um... pro????

Fortunately this is a one time thing. I should have this truck until I quit the job or it breaks down, which ever comes first.

I will find my way out there though. The Tetons are first on the list of "beyond the mississippi" trips, RR is second.

notapplicable

Mar 22, 2010, 12:53 AM
Post #5416 of 45342 (8049 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:

Just sayin

I did make him drive.

I like to sleep while the other person drives after a long day of climbing, even if I'm not tired, just to rub it in.

Gmburns2000

Mar 22, 2010, 12:55 AM
Post #5417 of 45342 (8047 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

epoch wrote:

Old Spice
Old Stud Topropeking!

Arete
would like to go back and lead old spice when it isn't as cold. almost did it today and kinda sorta wished I had instead of TR'ing it, but whatever. It'll go.
In reply to:
Out of Gas
Need to add this to the route databases both here and MP. you got the info to do that? That's the 5.8, right?
In reply to:

soft for sure. will get on it again later this year for the red point.

Gmburns2000

Mar 22, 2010, 12:56 AM
Post #5418 of 45342 (8046 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
donald949 wrote:

Um... pro????

Fortunately this is a one time thing. I should have this truck until I quit the job or it breaks down, which ever comes first.

I will find my way out there though. RRare first on the list of "beyond the mississippi" trips, The Tetons is second.

fixed

notapplicable

Mar 22, 2010, 1:00 AM
Post #5419 of 45342 (8043 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

epoch wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
epoch wrote:

Perfect.

Hmmmm, now I'm in an awkward situation. My ninjas have failed so clearly they must be fired, but being ninjas, I'm a little scared.

I do take solace in the fact that it was snowing on you guys while I was inundated with mere sunshine and blue skys.

notapplicable

Mar 22, 2010, 1:15 AM
Post #5420 of 45342 (8028 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
notapplicable wrote:

that sounds good. just let me know and make sure it's after April 28, 'cause that's when I'm back from CO.

Sounds good actually. I'm going to NC for a trip right in the middle of April and will have had my fill of the less than vertical death routes. The Gunks will be a perfect change of pace.

notapplicable

Mar 22, 2010, 1:19 AM
Post #5421 of 45342 (8025 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
donald949 wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
donald949 wrote:

Um... pro????

I will find my way out there though. RRare first on the list of "beyond the mississippi" trips, The Tetons is second.

fixed

I have BIG, although unlikely to be realized, dreams of soloing the grand traverse one day. Gotta get a preview and see if it's even in the realm of possibility for me.

notapplicable

Mar 22, 2010, 1:31 AM
Post #5422 of 45342 (8021 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Partner epoch

Mar 22, 2010, 1:37 AM
Post #5423 of 45342 (8016 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
epoch wrote:

Old Spice
Old Stud Topropeking!

Arete
would like to go back and lead old spice when it isn't as cold. almost did it today and kinda sorta wished I had instead of TR'ing it, but whatever. It'll go.
In reply to:
Out of Gas
Need to add this to the route databases both here and MP. you got the info to do that? That's the 5.8, right?
In reply to:

soft for sure. will get on it again later this year for the red point.
Out of Gas isn't published yet.

It will be in the gnU guide whenever it comes out. I feel that, then, it should be added to the RDB of here and/or MP. However, considering the quiet nature of the area I may be disinclined to do it. I, and others, have already omitted adding many routes as it is.

I_do

Mar 22, 2010, 11:57 AM
Post #5424 of 45342 (8007 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Gmburns2000 wrote:
notapplicable wrote:
epoch wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:

Bring a jacket, gloves, wollen hat, wear long johns, get some handwarmers, and find your dignity!

He's an unemployed, quasi homeless white boy.

No dignity to be found.

I'm not unemployed; I'm a writer. However, the rest of the statement is completely true.

Are you currently writing something you will be paid for? Does your writing usually generate enough revenue?

If you can't answer both with; yes, then you might be unemployed after all.

Just axing!

kachoong

Mar 22, 2010, 12:33 PM
Post #5425 of 45342 (8003 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

notapplicable wrote:
Gmburns2000 wrote:
kachoong wrote:
notapplicable wrote:

haven't heard back from him either.

To many climbs, not enough time...

So you did end up climbing in Austin? Where at?

First page Previous page 1 ... 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 ... 1814 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook