RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Technique & Training

Premier Sponsor:

fingerflinger

Jun 3, 2010, 7:46 PM
Post #1 of 3 (1177 views)
Shortcut

ARC Question
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

So, I was reading over the old "Capilarity Training and.. Bouldering ??" thread, and I'm not sure that what I am doing for my ARC training will actually fulfill my goals, which are to improve my aerobic endurance and raise my aerobic threshold.

Basically, I have been doing about 30-40 minutes on a slight overhang(~15 degrees) on jugs and big crimps. It's intense enough that I have to shake out, but the pump is pretty light. Afterward, my arms feel like they have done some work, but I feel I could keep it up indefinitely.

So, my question is: Does this sound like it will help me raise my aerobic threshold, or is this just a retarded way of working anaerobic endurance?

Thanks!

Hooky

Jun 3, 2010, 8:52 PM
Post #2 of 3 (1126 views)
Shortcut

Re: [fingerflinger] ARC Question [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

I think you are doing too much. If you need to shake out, it means you are crossing the anaerobic treshold back and forth and while it may have some positive effect on your aerobic endurance (imho it does), literature usually recommends staying just below your anaerobic treshold. What you describe happens to me sometimes and in such case I try to lower the intensity next time.

rockprodigy

Jun 4, 2010, 1:55 AM
Post #3 of 3 (1075 views)
Shortcut

Re: [fingerflinger] ARC Question [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

It's not an exact science. It sounds to me like you're pretty close. You should avoid having to shake out, but if you don't have to do it every now and then, you're probably not climbing hard enough.

PS, there is no "aerobic threshold". What you're talking about is the anaerobic threshold.

Forums : Climbing Information : Technique & Training

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook