RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Gear Heads

Premier Sponsor:

cleethree

Jul 12, 2010, 3:00 PM
Post #1 of 6 (5521 views)
Shortcut

La Sportiva v. Red Chili Sizing
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

The title says it all. Can anyone who owns shoes from both makers shed some light on this for me? I plan to buy some shoes online. BTW I searched!

qwert

Jul 13, 2010, 8:49 AM
Post #2 of 6 (5480 views)
Shortcut

Re: [cleethree] La Sportiva v. Red Chili Sizing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

The leftmost one is a red chili vodoo, but i cant find a size on it.
The next is a Red Chili Sausalito in US 10, then there is a LaSportiva Miura in EU 42 (cant read the other sizes anymore, according to wikipedia it could be a US 9 or 10) and for comparison two LaSportiva Exxum ridge the left in US 11 the right in US 11.5.

The Sausalito and the Miura are both comfortable all day shoes. The Vodoo i can only wear for one pitch, so this one is much smaller. Unfortunately there isnt a label that tells the size on it.

qwert

(This post was edited by qwert on Jul 13, 2010, 8:49 AM)
Attachments: schuhe.jpg (65.8 KB)

billcoe_

Jul 13, 2010, 1:30 PM
Post #3 of 6 (5462 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

cleethree wrote:
The title says it all. Can anyone who owns shoes from both makers shed some light on this for me? I plan to buy some shoes online. BTW I searched!

I have 2 pairs of Red Chili Spirits, and 3 different LaSportiva's: the Focus, the Ventors, and the TC Pros. I don't even think you can compare the models in LaSportivas lineup as they are different....

Sorry for the worthless help. Maybe you can share what size your foot (street shoe) is, and what shoe you want to get. I am a size 8.5 street shoe, and were a 40.5 TC Pro, 41.5 Focus, 42 Spirit's. I like to buy from my little local store, they didn't have the TC Pro, so I waited until I could try them on personally. Glad I did or based on my experience with the other LaSportivas I own, they would not have fit..

Crazy stuff.

cleethree

Jul 13, 2010, 2:49 PM
Post #4 of 6 (5458 views)
Shortcut

Re: [billcoe_] La Sportiva v. Red Chili Sizing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

My street shoe is 9.5 - 10 depending on brand. My comfy shoes are 39.5 Muiras and Katanas. I also wear a size 39 Muira VS and Testerossa - which fit snug. I cannot downsize any further without discomfort.

Contrary to what you have found, I find that La Sportiva sizing is pretty consistent based on the shoes that I've tried on. YMMV

martinheynert

Jul 13, 2010, 7:38 PM
Post #5 of 6 (5434 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

"Red Chili" is a German brand. Shoes are constructed and tested in South Germany by famous climber Stefan Glowacz. Production was formerly in China. Construction is good to ideal, craftmanship in Far East not always. I own a Sausalito for alpine or cold weather use with medium thick socks. Top construction, very good quality. I evaluated the now Corona VCR and was badly disappointed from the quality. The sizes of the right and left shoe did not match and the sewn inside was not correct.

The rubber is sticky and simply "good". I was told that it is produced by Vibram, but not marked as "Vibram".

La Sportiva is constructed and build in Italy. Very good craftmanship, outstanding quality. Some of the most innovative designs in climbing shoes came from La Sportiva, see the Mythos, the Katana or now the TC Pro.

If you find a Red Chili product with good fit and good craftmanship, take it. Otherwise, you can't be wrong with La Sportivas - as long as it fits your foot. Since they have different lasts and different upper materials, the chance to get a good fit from a La Sportiva shoe is high.

Sizing:
For a snug fit, Red Chili UK 10.5 is equivalent to La Sportiva 43 1/2 EUR

(This post was edited by martinheynert on Jul 13, 2010, 7:42 PM)

caughtinside

Jul 13, 2010, 8:37 PM
Post #6 of 6 (5415 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

cleethree wrote:

Try getting the same shoe in 3 different sizes and return the ones that don't fit.

Forums : Climbing Information : Gear Heads

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook