RSS FeedRSS Feeds for US - West Coast

Premier Sponsor:

otter

Dec 13, 2002, 11:26 PM
Post #1 of 7 (1833 views)
Shortcut

seattle area climbers
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

My husband and I are finally settled in Seattle and have got our membership at vertical world to keep us busy during the winter. The seattle one is only a few miles away and we are attempting to get there at least a couple times a week. We've been wanting to meet up with fellow climbers, other couples would be especially great. Any layed back, easygoing, safe climbers that are interested in meeting up with other climbers, to learn and laugh with each other, let us know. We are looking to make some friends in the climbing world...at least they have a better chance of understanding us!
My worst habit is talking to myself while climbing. (I'm doomed, I can't seem to break this habit) Marmot's (the husband) is in my opinion , taking BIG steps, and thus making belaying a bit more challenging. (he's working on it, though)
We both love climbing for the sake of climbing. (and for our sanity, especailly mine!)

[ This Message was edited by: otter on 2002-12-13 15:31 ]

leejams

Dec 17, 2002, 6:48 PM
Post #2 of 7 (1833 views)
Shortcut

seattle area climbers [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Otter, I see you have climbed the most magnificent spire rock. Good place to learn. Let's climb sometime. I am up in Edmonds and remember you were heading to Central WA gig but then couldn't make it. Maybe next year. Unfortunately my wife no longer goes with me. The last time she went she got to scared and after many tears never went back. She likes hiking the malls best. I told her that is fine just as long as she hikes through an outdoor's shop once and awhile and knows what a biner is and maybe a camalot once in awhile. Cheers lee

Partner russman

Dec 17, 2002, 7:33 PM
Post #3 of 7 (1833 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Otter, Marmot and other Wet-Side Climbers

I too remember your plans to visit us in Oct. Well, I can safley say that is warmer now over here than it was that weekend...man what a change in the weather.

Anytime you want to come over Otter, let my wife or I know and we would be happy to hook up and climb with you and your Hubby.

Lee, you and all others are welcome again too. Just give us a little notice and we shoudl be able to pull it off.

The Russman

otter

Dec 17, 2002, 11:16 PM
Post #4 of 7 (1833 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

egads! wow.. I actually got some responces! I was starting to wonder if I was THAT scary!

Thanks for the replies.

Russman.. I sorta didn't follow the warmth thing. Are you saying it is warmer over near you now than it was when the gig happened?

Leejams do you climb inside? If so, what gym?
Or do you lead? (thinking Mary Moore)

Partner russman

Dec 18, 2002, 4:51 AM
Post #5 of 7 (1833 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

yea...it has been pretty warm over here latley....today was the first morning in over a week that there was frost on the ground....most of the past week or so it was been in teh 40's and teh sun has been shinin'.

Just give us soem lead time so we can get a babysitter and we can make it a go.

The Russman

leejams

Dec 18, 2002, 7:28 AM
Post #6 of 7 (1833 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Otter, went to the stone world gym once as I had a free pass. Fun but kinda pricey. I have started buying a rack for trad climbing and that ended that gym stuff. Marymoor park anytime for me. Sometimes head over there to the dog park on sundays but no one to climb with. So maybe we can hook up when we get a day it isn't raining. I would like my wife to see another girl climb and a huge maybe I could talk her into it.

leejams

Dec 18, 2002, 7:42 AM
Post #7 of 7 (1833 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey russman,, how's it going over there? Glad to here from ya. Hey I would be game to head over there some weekend and get some climbing in. Need to practice with gloves on etc... Have purchased a smallish rack and may add to it with xmas coming So we could mess around with that.

Wonder if you have had any snow yet over there? well cheers lee

Forums : Climbing Partners : US - West Coast

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook