Forums: Climbing Information: General:
Need nutritional advice for getting CUT on a bouldering/cardio regimen.
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for General

Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next page Last page  View All

smokecrack

Dec 6, 2010, 2:45 AM
Post #26 of 168 (5283 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jt512] Need nutritional advice for getting CUT on a bouldering/cardio regimen. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

jt512 wrote:
rightarmbad wrote:
In reply to:
If you are running 10K with a 4m 50sec pace your are running at a very strong competive level.

You obviously ain't a runner.
Pretty much anybody that puts foot in front of foot can run at that pace.

If he said that he went sub half hour for the 10k, then there is hope.

Assuming his pace is per mile, then he's running a 10K in 30 min.

Jay

no I am not running at a competitive level. just doing cardio in a nice jog.

smokecrack

Dec 6, 2010, 2:47 AM
Post #27 of 168 (5282 views)
Shortcut

Re: [spikeddem] Need nutritional advice for getting CUT on a bouldering/cardio regimen. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

spikeddem wrote:
troll gets taken seriously.

I'm not a troll you idiot. But if I was, good job on "feeding the troll". Unsure

coastal_climber

Dec 6, 2010, 4:09 AM
Post #28 of 168 (5263 views)
Shortcut

Re: [smokecrack] Need nutritional advice for getting CUT on a bouldering/cardio regimen. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

smokecrack wrote:
spikeddem wrote:

I'm not a troll you idiot. But if I was, good job on "feeding the troll". Unsure

You for real bro?????

jt512

Dec 6, 2010, 4:58 AM
Post #29 of 168 (5248 views)
Shortcut

Re: [smokecrack] Need nutritional advice for getting CUT on a bouldering/cardio regimen. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (5 ratings)  
Can't Post

smokecrack wrote:
jt512 wrote:
smokecrack wrote:

OK I took your advice and did some research and here's what I found would be good meals:

Code
Each day: 
(1) 3 servings of Whey/ 1 tablespoon of Flax Oil
(2) 8-10 OZ Extra Lean Steak/ 1-2 cups Green Veggies.
(3) Grilled Salmon/ 1-2 cups Green Veggies.
(4) 3 servings of Whey/ 1 tablespoon of Flax Oil
(5) 2 Cans of Tuna/ Chopped Onions/Celery/ 1 tablespoon of Safflower Mayonnaise.
(6) (Post Workout) 2 servings of Whey/10 OZ Orange Juice.
(7) 8-10oz Extra Lean Steak/ 2 cups Veggies.

Vitamins each day:
1 Multivitamin Extra Zinc
30 - 50mgs Fish Oil Caps Flax Oil Liquid
200mcg Selenium
800mgs Folic Acid
800iu Vitamin E
2 grams Vitamin C

Notes:
- Don't consume carbs/fat in the same meal.
- Only eat carbs after a good workout, but not a big portion.

This is idiotic.

Jay

why?

Because it's all just made up. If you are interested in losing weight and improving your climbing, I've outlined a way to do it in the link I provided up-thread. In fact, you are the perfect target for the regimen I suggest.

Jay

billcoe_

Dec 6, 2010, 5:05 AM
Post #30 of 168 (5245 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jt512] Need nutritional advice for getting CUT on a bouldering/cardio regimen. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Jt's link once again: http://jt512.dyndns.org/what_to_eat.pdf

Thanks!

binkus

Dec 6, 2010, 7:18 AM
Post #31 of 168 (5220 views)
Shortcut

Re: [rightarmbad] Need nutritional advice for getting CUT on a bouldering/cardio regimen. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

rightarmbad wrote:
In reply to:
If you are running 10K with a 4m 50sec pace your are running at a very strong competive level.

If he could do it in 26min or so, then he may start to be competitive.

LOL, you might want to re think you post. First of all I was under the assumption that his pace was stated in miles so a 4m 50sec pace would bring him right about 30 min.

As far as being a runner you might want to double check your history. Considering that the world record 10K run time is 26:17.53 set by Kenenisa Bekele (Ethiopia). So yea, technically if he was doing it in 26 min or so he would be competitive, but generally speaking you dont have to break the world record just to be competitive.

Feel free to double check the times bellow, or just educate yourself as a runner.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/10,000_metres
http://www.trackandfieldnews.com/...records.jsp?listId=1

rightarmbad

Dec 6, 2010, 7:41 AM
Post #32 of 168 (5214 views)
Shortcut

Re: [binkus] Need nutritional advice for getting CUT on a bouldering/cardio regimen. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

And what do you think the 'or so' bit was for?

Anybody running sub 3 min KM pace, will have no problems with being ripped.
Eating enough to support their training is the more likely problem.
Therefore his pace had to be KM not miles.......

(This post was edited by rightarmbad on Dec 6, 2010, 7:46 AM)

binkus

Dec 6, 2010, 7:56 AM
Post #33 of 168 (5209 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jbro_135] Need nutritional advice for getting CUT on a bouldering/cardio regimen. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

jbro_135 wrote:
jt512 wrote:
rightarmbad wrote:
In reply to:

Assuming his pace is per mile, then he's running a 10K in 30 min.

Jay

americans are so weird, why would anyone state their pace for a 10k run in mph?

(the op very well might have though...)

its actually minutes per mile not mph but anyway,s most everyone I know (yes all Americans) use a pace in miles simply because they understand the speed better (they train in miles not kilometers). I guess it can seem strange to use two different systems. In truth I cant really visualize what my 6min per Kilometer pace is but I know what my 6min per mile pace is because I train using increments in miles. 6min per kilometer would be very slow though LOL

binkus

Dec 6, 2010, 8:04 AM
Post #34 of 168 (5208 views)
Shortcut

Re: [rightarmbad] Need nutritional advice for getting CUT on a bouldering/cardio regimen. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

rightarmbad wrote:

Very true. I did automatically just assume he meant miles (silly american) but in reality he meant KM not miles.

(This post was edited by binkus on Dec 6, 2010, 8:07 AM)

smokecrack

Dec 6, 2010, 2:00 PM
Post #35 of 168 (5178 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (2 ratings)  
Can't Post

OK here's my first meal! Lean steak with salt/pepper and grilled veggies.

Feeling better already :)

spikeddem

Dec 6, 2010, 3:18 PM
Post #36 of 168 (5159 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

smokecrack wrote:
spikeddem wrote:

Crazy

dynosore

Dec 6, 2010, 4:43 PM
Post #37 of 168 (5132 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (3 ratings)  
Can't Post

rightarmbad wrote:

You need to work on your nuances. "or so" isn't exactly broad enough to cover world records and "starting to be competitive". His interpretation of your poorly worded message was just fine.

(This post was edited by dynosore on Dec 6, 2010, 4:44 PM)

jerusry

Dec 6, 2010, 6:50 PM
Post #38 of 168 (5074 views)
Shortcut

Re: [billcoe_] Need nutritional advice for getting CUT on a bouldering/cardio regimen. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (7 ratings)  
Can't Post

in all seriousness. anybody that hasn't mentioned a properly supplemented and fully nutritious raw vegan diet is already leading you astray. if you truly want to know how to feel every day and climb everyday like a superhuman... pm me.. or u can listen to these guys....Tongue i'm being serious though. if anyone believes otherwise feel free to discuss. and i will back up my reasoning.... it is real, the proof is real, the logic is real, and results are undeniable.

spikeddem

Dec 6, 2010, 7:10 PM
Post #39 of 168 (5061 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jerusry] Need nutritional advice for getting CUT on a bouldering/cardio regimen. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

jerusry wrote:
in all seriousness. anybody that hasn't mentioned a properly supplemented and fully nutritious raw vegan diet is already leading you astray. if you truly want to know how to feel every day and climb everyday like a superhuman... pm me.. or u can listen to these guys....Tongue i'm being serious though. if anyone believes otherwise feel free to discuss. and i will back up my reasoning.... it is real, the proof is real, the logic is real, and results are undeniable.
go

chadnsc

Dec 6, 2010, 7:13 PM
Post #40 of 168 (5061 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jerusry] Need nutritional advice for getting CUT on a bouldering/cardio regimen. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

jerusry wrote:

Ok, back up your reasoning. Go on. Prove it.

Kartessa

Dec 6, 2010, 7:17 PM
Post #41 of 168 (5058 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (3 ratings)  
Can't Post

jerusry wrote:

Lemme have it while I chew on my candied bacon.

chadnsc

Dec 6, 2010, 7:54 PM
Post #42 of 168 (5039 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Kartessa] Need nutritional advice for getting CUT on a bouldering/cardio regimen. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Kartessa wrote:
jerusry wrote:

Lemme have it while I chew on my candied bacon.

Raw vegans can't do THAT, especially while you're eatin' bacon. Angelic

Greggle

Dec 6, 2010, 8:59 PM
Post #43 of 168 (5012 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

jerusry wrote:

I'm likewise interested in hearing all about this...

jerusry

Dec 7, 2010, 8:30 AM
Post #44 of 168 (4962 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Greggle] Need nutritional advice for getting CUT on a bouldering/cardio regimen. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (8 ratings)  
Can't Post

lets start off by saying obviously i have not always eaten raw vegan... i actually love steak... i love fully cooked food. i am not some animal lover. the reasons i turned to this diet is because it is the purest healthiest most nutritious diet you can strive to have.

meat is not healthy for you... several reasons. our bodies do not really digest meat very well, they are not meant to digest meat. or dairy even for that matter. dairy is bad for you. both block nutrients you need to digest and for your body to heal, repair, and function properly, and both have no positive nutritional value. we do not produce the proper enzymes and acids to break down meat and dairy products. therefore they sit and rot inside us until we shit em out... we only produce the enzymes to process dairy when we are children. like under 3 yrs old... meat and dairy block nutrient intake and actually slow down the energy our cells produce and keep them from carrying proper nutrients. there is nothing good for us that comes from meat and dairy products. if you do research they are proven causes to diseases, cancers and all that good stuff....

so where do you get your nutrients and protein? from all the other stuff, veggies, super-foods, greens, legumes, nut and beans all that stuff, fruit grains, herbs and all that good stuff. our bodies digest that kinda stuff with a very high efficiency. and if you cook your food over about 100* it will take away most of the available nutritional value. therefore you eat what you can if not everything raw. proper supplementing such as available herbs, raw meal replacements with added fruits veggies and juices... extremely potent "green and red" drinks, herbal extracts and supplements.... pure water, not tap or regular bottled water....

when you eat raw, vegan your don't get excess fat, your body stores proper nutrients for usage. you will feel like a superhuman. literally, you rarely get sick if at all, you recover faster, no mood swings, you will be stronger, think more clearly. you will naturally be purging your body of toxins by eating this way. most forms of disease and cancer come from what we eat and the water we drink.

i could elaborate a bit more if you'd like... but the biggest proof is in the research and results. for me and many ppl around me. it is the healthiest way to live, but as far as rock climbing... we all have seen massive improvements in what we get out of every climb. how fast we recover, how rare an injury is, how fast those injuries heal... the gains are tremendous. healthiest most fit looking ppl in the gym. and above all, our climbing grades far outweigh ppl who eat"normal. how many peeps listening climb v10-v15` and 5.13-5.15 with 2-5 yrs experience?? or those grades at all for that matter? the improvements were extremely noticeable when diets were changed... and everyone under the diet shot up past those who were not. this isn't a couple outta a dozen ppl either... everyone is wondering what were all doing and all we can say is we r what we eat...

carabiner96

Dec 7, 2010, 12:14 PM
Post #45 of 168 (4947 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (4 ratings)  
Can't Post

jerusry wrote:
lets start off by saying obviously i have not always eaten raw vegan... i actually love steak... i love fully cooked food. i am not some animal lover. the reasons i turned to this diet is because it is the purest healthiest most nutritious diet you can strive to have.

meat is not healthy for you... several reasons. our bodies do not really digest meat very well, they are not meant to digest meat. or dairy even for that matter. dairy is bad for you. both block nutrients you need to digest and for your body to heal, repair, and function properly, and both have no positive nutritional value. we do not produce the proper enzymes and acids to break down meat and dairy products. therefore they sit and rot inside us until we shit em out... we only produce the enzymes to process dairy when we are children. like under 3 yrs old... meat and dairy block nutrient intake and actually slow down the energy our cells produce and keep them from carrying proper nutrients. there is nothing good for us that comes from meat and dairy products. if you do research they are proven causes to diseases, cancers and all that good stuff....

so where do you get your nutrients and protein? from all the other stuff, veggies, super-foods, greens, legumes, nut and beans all that stuff, fruit grains, herbs and all that good stuff. our bodies digest that kinda stuff with a very high efficiency. and if you cook your food over about 100* it will take away most of the available nutritional value. therefore you eat what you can if not everything raw. proper supplementing such as available herbs, raw meal replacements with added fruits veggies and juices... extremely potent "green and red" drinks, herbal extracts and supplements.... pure water, not tap or regular bottled water....

when you eat raw, vegan your don't get excess fat, your body stores proper nutrients for usage. you will feel like a superhuman. literally, you rarely get sick if at all, you recover faster, no mood swings, you will be stronger, think more clearly. you will naturally be purging your body of toxins by eating this way. most forms of disease and cancer come from what we eat and the water we drink.

i could elaborate a bit more if you'd like... but the biggest proof is in the research and results. for me and many ppl around me. it is the healthiest way to live, but as far as rock climbing... we all have seen massive improvements in what we get out of every climb. how fast we recover, how rare an injury is, how fast those injuries heal... the gains are tremendous. healthiest most fit looking ppl in the gym. and above all, our climbing grades far outweigh ppl who eat"normal. how many peeps listening climb v10-v15` and 5.13-5.15 with 2-5 yrs experience?? or those grades at all for that matter? the improvements were extremely noticeable when diets were changed... and everyone under the diet shot up past those who were not. this isn't a couple outta a dozen ppl either... everyone is wondering what were all doing and all we can say is we r what we eat...

For posterity.

airscape

Dec 7, 2010, 12:27 PM
Post #46 of 168 (4942 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (6 ratings)  
Can't Post

jerusry wrote:
all we can say is we r what we eat...

I eat all the animals I can.

I'm a mammal.

Your are a fruit.

carabiner96

Dec 7, 2010, 12:34 PM
Post #47 of 168 (4935 views)
Shortcut

Re: [airscape] Need nutritional advice for getting CUT on a bouldering/cardio regimen. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

I'm wondering if the OP and the brain fried vegan are the same person.

Generally, when I hear of people losing weight/ gaining performance once switching to a vegan diet (well, any diet really, but people get the holy vegan head more than others), I ask what they were eating before.The answer was always
'Oh, pretty well. Subway, ramen, McDonalds, beer, frozen burgers, macaroni out of a box....'

(This post was edited by carabiner96 on Dec 7, 2010, 1:25 PM)

airscape

Dec 7, 2010, 1:03 PM
Post #48 of 168 (4931 views)
Shortcut

Re: [carabiner96] Need nutritional advice for getting CUT on a bouldering/cardio regimen. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

carabiner96 wrote:
I'm wondering if the OP and the brain fried vegan are the same person.

Generally, when I hear of people losing weight/ gaining performance once switching to a vegan diet, I ask what they were eating before.The answer was always
'Oh, pretty well. Subway, ramen, McDonalds, beer, frozen burgers, macaroni out of a box....'

I'm just wondering where he's getting his pure water from.
Pure water, not bottled or tap water. <- What does this mean.

jbro_135

Dec 7, 2010, 3:15 PM
Post #49 of 168 (4900 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

jerusry wrote:

your profile says you climb 11a and v6...

mojomonkey

Dec 7, 2010, 4:06 PM
Post #50 of 168 (4881 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jbro_135] Need nutritional advice for getting CUT on a bouldering/cardio regimen. [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

jbro_135 wrote:
jerusry wrote:

your profile says you climb 11a and v6...

Maybe that was before going raw, now the numbers go up too fast to bother synching his profile.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : General

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook