Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

chadnsc

Feb 16, 2011, 8:17 PM
Post #26 of 51 (3698 views)
Shortcut

Re: [spikeddem] Dragon Cam #5 potential probelm [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

spikeddem wrote:
sbaclimber wrote:
spikeddem wrote:
chadnsc wrote:
spikeddem wrote:
I feel like I'm in a dream world where no RC.com'ers remember the exact same problem with the #6 dragon cam by DMM...

Yeah you must be dreaming. I mean the OP and several others referneced the problem with the #6 Dragon cam and how it was similar / identical to the problem with the #5 Dragon. Crazy
I got five stars.
Fleeting was your fortune. Laugh
I've got even more now! Five stars + a couple 1 or 2 star ratings = more than five now! Right??

Nope. It means you suck at math.

sbaclimber

Feb 16, 2011, 8:21 PM
Post #27 of 51 (3693 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

spikeddem wrote:
sbaclimber wrote:
spikeddem wrote:
chadnsc wrote:
spikeddem wrote:
I feel like I'm in a dream world where no RC.com'ers remember the exact same problem with the #6 dragon cam by DMM...

Yeah you must be dreaming. I mean the OP and several others referneced the problem with the #6 Dragon cam and how it was similar / identical to the problem with the #5 Dragon. Crazy
I got five stars.
I've got even more now! Five stars + a couple 1 or 2 star ratings = more than five now! Right??
Technically, yes.

Edit: d'oh, I'm an idiot...and can't read. It even says, "average"...
Sorry, Chad's right, you(we) suck at math.

Now, watch carefully.......

(This post was edited by sbaclimber on Feb 16, 2011, 8:24 PM)

spikeddem

Feb 16, 2011, 8:24 PM
Post #28 of 51 (3687 views)
Shortcut

Re: [sbaclimber] Dragon Cam #5 potential probelm [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (3 ratings)  
Can't Post

sbaclimber wrote:
spikeddem wrote:
sbaclimber wrote:
spikeddem wrote:
chadnsc wrote:
spikeddem wrote:

I got five stars.
Technically, yes.

Watch carefully.......
Technically really just means "duh."

duhhhhhhhh

sbaclimber

Feb 16, 2011, 8:26 PM
Post #29 of 51 (3682 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

spikeddem wrote:
sbaclimber wrote:
spikeddem wrote:
sbaclimber wrote:
spikeddem wrote:
chadnsc wrote:
spikeddem wrote:

I got five stars.
Technically, yes.

Watch carefully.......
Technically really just means "duh."

duhhhhhhhh
*mimicks*, "duhhhhhhhh" [insert drooling smiley here]

But, hey, look, you're back up to 3 stars! (at least this time I bothered counting)

chadnsc

Feb 16, 2011, 8:30 PM
Post #30 of 51 (3672 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

And he's back down to two stars. Five votes and two stars. Tongue

majid_sabet

Feb 16, 2011, 8:31 PM
Post #31 of 51 (3670 views)
Shortcut

Re: [erisspirit] Dragon Cam #5 potential probelm [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (2 ratings)  
Can't Post

erisspirit wrote:
chadnsc wrote:
majid_sabet wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
majid_sabet wrote:
Do I need to get my old ultrasonic aviation aluminum crack checker and start checking everything made in CHINA ?

pay little more, make it in USA or Europe and save so much in recall instead of loosing your reputation.Petzl first now DMM, whats next ?

BD ?

Weren't the Aliens made in USA?

they had their problems too

they had American QA problem not like the modern "Chinese cut the cost /save few penny problem"

Except Dragon Cams are made in Whales, not China so your 'save a few penny problme' doesn't apply here.

Way to overlook the facts midget.

I also actually feel better about this because rather than denying any wrong doing initially, they are immediately putting out the recall. At least they are owning up to mistakes and trying to quickly resolve them.

of course I would prefer no mistakes at all, but as we have seen in the past... It happens ... and not just with DMM

it would very difficult to convenes a climber with mechanical background such as myself that " we just saw a problem" and please send it back for refund.

climbing is already dangerous and what we have left is 7 oz of metal between ourselves and the earth. Better QA, better testing and longer field test should be conducted before dumping tons of climbing gear in the market. One thing MFGs should remember that a lot of these product may end up in other countries where people are not up to date on information nor they are internet addictive like what we got in USA or Europe and informing those climbers will be very difficult. .

sbaclimber

Feb 16, 2011, 8:35 PM
Post #32 of 51 (3663 views)
Shortcut

Re: [chadnsc] Dragon Cam #5 potential probelm [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

chadnsc wrote:
Hey, at least I tried....Angelic

spikeddem

Feb 16, 2011, 8:36 PM
Post #33 of 51 (3658 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

sbaclimber wrote:
chadnsc wrote:
It just means even MORE than I said before. 5 * 2 = 10.

no_email_entered

Feb 16, 2011, 8:36 PM
Post #34 of 51 (3657 views)
Shortcut

Re: [majid_sabet] Dragon Cam #5 potential probelm [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

majid_sabet wrote:
Better QA, better testing and longer field test should be conducted before dumping tons of climbing gear in the market. One thing MFGs should remember that a lot of these product may end up in other countries where people are not up to date on information nor they are internet addictive like what we got in USA or Europe and informing those climbers will be very difficult. .

find any cracks in your duece hammers yet?

chadnsc

Feb 16, 2011, 8:39 PM
Post #35 of 51 (3651 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

majid_sabet wrote:
it would very difficult to convenes a climber with mechanical background such as myself that " we just saw a problem" and please send it back for refund.

climbing is already dangerous and what we have left is 7 oz of metal between ourselves and the earth. Better QA, better testing and longer field test should be conducted before dumping tons of climbing gear in the market. One thing MFGs should remember that a lot of these product may end up in other countries where people are not up to date on information nor they are internet addictive like what we got in USA or Europe and informing those climbers will be very difficult. .

You were already grossly wrong about DMM having these cams built in China to save money. I have a hard time believing anything you have to say on this subject.

Edit: Cheezed a quote.

(This post was edited by chadnsc on Feb 16, 2011, 8:40 PM)

chadnsc

Feb 16, 2011, 8:42 PM
Post #36 of 51 (3644 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

spikeddem wrote:
sbaclimber wrote:
chadnsc wrote:
It just means even MORE than I said before. 5 * 2 = 10.

Nope, just means you suck at math even more than before.

sbaclimber

Feb 16, 2011, 8:43 PM
Post #37 of 51 (3642 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

majid_sabet wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
chadnsc wrote:
majid_sabet wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
majid_sabet wrote:
Do I need to get my old ultrasonic aviation aluminum crack checker and start checking everything made in CHINA ?

pay little more, make it in USA or Europe and save so much in recall instead of loosing your reputation.Petzl first now DMM, whats next ?

BD ?

they had American QA problem not like the modern "Chinese cut the cost /save few penny problem"

Except Dragon Cams are made in Whales, not China so your 'save a few penny problme' doesn't apply here.

I also actually feel better about this because rather than denying any wrong doing initially, they are immediately putting out the recall. At least they are owning up to mistakes and trying to quickly resolve them.

of course I would prefer no mistakes at all, but as we have seen in the past... It happens ... and not just with DMM

climbing is already dangerous and what we have left is 7 oz of metal between ourselves and the earth. Better QA, better testing and longer field test should be conducted before dumping tons of climbing gear in the market.
Although I don't dissagree in principal, please tell us what an "acceptable" and realistic level of testing would be!
Both DMM and BD (who does produce in China) use 3 Sigma testing. Please do tell what you would do better...

tower_climber

Feb 17, 2011, 1:38 AM
Post #38 of 51 (3553 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

sbaclimber wrote:
Although I don't dissagree in principal, please tell us what an "acceptable" and realistic level of testing would be!
Both DMM and BD (who does produce in China) use 3 Sigma testing. Please do tell what you would do better...

Majid would never have to test any climbing gear he produced, because with his mechanical background he would never have a product with an issue.

Duh.

jbro_135

Feb 17, 2011, 1:41 AM
Post #39 of 51 (3551 views)
Shortcut

Re: [tower_climber] Dragon Cam #5 potential probelm [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

tower_climber wrote:
sbaclimber wrote:

Majid would never have to test any climbing gear he produced, because with his mechanical background he would never have a product with an issue.

Duh.

also majid will never test any climbing gear because he doesn't climb

patto

Feb 17, 2011, 8:13 AM
Post #40 of 51 (3488 views)
Shortcut

Re: [jbro_135] Dragon Cam #5 potential probelm [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

At present there is NO evidence that ANY Dragon Cam has failed below the rated strength.

What is evident is that residual stresses between the axle boss and the stem over a long period of time can sometimes cause fracture cracks in the axle boss.

Chrisrow

Feb 17, 2011, 9:19 AM
Post #41 of 51 (3477 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hi Guys ,
Yes we do have a full recall for all Dragon size 4,and 5. The size six recall is still current.

At present we have photographic evidence of three size 5 cams with visible cracks, but as yet no examples of size 4 Dragon Cams. In the circumstances we thought it best to recall both sizes, as climbers safety is paramount here.

We have tried to publish the information through as many channels as possible world wide, and welcome any help in relaying this information to those climbers who mIght not have heard.

The recall does not effect the Dragon size 1,2 and 3, as these have a different construction.

The full details are posted on the recall notice on our site and we try to keep people updated as and when appropriate.

In the meantime we thank Mountain Gear for their vigilance, and also our Distributors in the US, Excalibur for the extra work that this will unfortunately heap upon them.

We have already set in place a system to rebuild/replace the units and will do everything in our power to ensure a quick turnaround.

Thankyou for your help and patience.

Best
Chris Rowlands
Brand Manager DMM

USnavy

Feb 17, 2011, 10:00 AM
Post #42 of 51 (3468 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (4 ratings)  
Can't Post

majid_sabet wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
chadnsc wrote:
majid_sabet wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
majid_sabet wrote:

BD ?

like what we got in USA or Europe .
What do you mean "we"? You are not even a US citizen, have you even ever visited the USA? And your not in Europe either, I think your lost.

Partner j_ung

Feb 17, 2011, 1:02 PM
Post #43 of 51 (3435 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

spikeddem wrote:
chadnsc wrote:
spikeddem wrote:

I got five stars.

You have seven stars now. Spread out over seven ratings, but still.

majid_sabet

Feb 17, 2011, 4:52 PM
Post #44 of 51 (3381 views)
Shortcut

Re: [USnavy] Dragon Cam #5 potential probelm [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

USnavy wrote:
majid_sabet wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
chadnsc wrote:
majid_sabet wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
majid_sabet wrote:

BD ?

What do you mean "we"? You are not even a US citizen, have you even ever visited the USA? And your not in Europe either, I think your lost.

No , But I know US history pretty well

erisspirit

Feb 17, 2011, 5:12 PM
Post #45 of 51 (3369 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Chrisrow] Dragon Cam #5 potential probelm [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Chrisrow wrote:
Hi Guys ,
Yes we do have a full recall for all Dragon size 4,and 5. The size six recall is still current.

At present we have photographic evidence of three size 5 cams with visible cracks, but as yet no examples of size 4 Dragon Cams. In the circumstances we thought it best to recall both sizes, as climbers safety is paramount here.

We have tried to publish the information through as many channels as possible world wide, and welcome any help in relaying this information to those climbers who mIght not have heard.

The recall does not effect the Dragon size 1,2 and 3, as these have a different construction.

The full details are posted on the recall notice on our site and we try to keep people updated as and when appropriate.

In the meantime we thank Mountain Gear for their vigilance, and also our Distributors in the US, Excalibur for the extra work that this will unfortunately heap upon them.

We have already set in place a system to rebuild/replace the units and will do everything in our power to ensure a quick turnaround.

Thankyou for your help and patience.

Best
Chris Rowlands
Brand Manager DMM

Thanks for the quick actions.

WOO! I have sizes 1-3! I'm good Tongue

chadnsc

Feb 17, 2011, 5:52 PM
Post #46 of 51 (3356 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

majid_sabet wrote:
USnavy wrote:
majid_sabet wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
chadnsc wrote:
majid_sabet wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
majid_sabet wrote:

BD ?

You mean like how well you 'know' where the Dragon cams are made? Like how well you 'know' that the testing done on the Dragon cams wasn't sufficient? Like how well you 'know' what caused the issues with the Dragon cams?

Sure midget, sure.

sbaclimber

Feb 17, 2011, 9:25 PM
Post #47 of 51 (3311 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

chadnsc wrote:
majid_sabet wrote:
USnavy wrote:
majid_sabet wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
chadnsc wrote:
majid_sabet wrote:
erisspirit wrote:
majid_sabet wrote:

BD ?

You mean like how well you 'know' where the Dragon cams are made? Like how well you 'know' that the testing done on the Dragon cams wasn't sufficient? Like how well you 'know' what caused the issues with the Dragon cams?

Sure midget, sure.
Hey, you shouldn't be so hard on Majid. He is just trying to fit in around here... Tongue

chadnsc

Feb 17, 2011, 9:27 PM
Post #48 of 51 (3306 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

He's been tryin' for a few years now. Wink

sbaclimber

Feb 17, 2011, 9:33 PM
Post #49 of 51 (3301 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

chadnsc wrote:
Yeah, but he's starting to get the hang of it.
Instead of drawings of red and green arrows (I actually miss those Blush), he is now posting suggested information that is either based on ignorance and/or refusal to use Google to check facts before posting, laziness, or an attempt at trolling.
All he needs now is to throw in some gross exaggeration (see thread about traps), and he will fit right in.

@Majid, please never leave! You have recognised your role here and accepted it, and I tip my hat to you for it.

erisspirit

Feb 17, 2011, 9:39 PM
Post #50 of 51 (3297 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

sbaclimber wrote:
chadnsc wrote:
Yeah, but he's starting to get the hang of it.
Instead of drawings of red and green arrows (I actually miss those Blush), he is now posting suggested information that is either based on ignorance and/or refusal to use Google to check facts before posting, laziness, or an attempt at trolling.
All he needs now is to throw in some gross exaggeration (see thread about traps), and he will fit right in.

@Majid, please never leave! You have recognised your role here and accepted it, and I tip my hat to you for it.

don't forget to add in a couple gud sotries that make you an expert "I had a friend that had a cousin whose neighbor did the same thing.... "

First page Previous page 1 2 3 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : Gear Heads

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook