Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
CU Boulder climbing partner
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

bluemtfreerider

Aug 29, 2011, 6:01 PM
Post #1 of 6 (6898 views)
Shortcut

CU Boulder climbing partner  (North_America: United_States: Colorado)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

hey im a frosh at CU and i'm looking for someone to climb with. looking to do bouldering and single pitch climbing. i have my own: harness, shoes, belay/ rap divice, and crash pad. i've only been climbing about 6 months but i love getting on hard routs whether i make it or not. i've been climbing at the spot but i have to get outside, IM IN COLORADO I SHOULDN'T BE STUCK IN A GYM!!!

joeforte

Sep 1, 2011, 3:58 AM
Post #2 of 6 (6856 views)
Shortcut

Re: [bluemtfreerider] CU Boulder climbing partner [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey man, I'll gladly climb with you. I'm SUPER SAFE, and always check my knot. I wash my rope with gasoline every night, to make sure it is clean for the next day. I also have TONS of chalk, so we can put tick marks all over our proj. If you want to spot me while I do some one finger pullups, send me an email.

On a more serious note, for everyone reading this, this dude is my buddy, and he is a very safe and reliable partner. I trust his lead belay 100%, and he doesn't mind an alpine start to get some good rock.

jt512

Sep 1, 2011, 7:25 PM
Post #3 of 6 (6834 views)
Shortcut

Re: [joeforte] CU Boulder climbing partner [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

joeforte wrote:
I trust his lead belay 100%, and he doesn't mind an alpine start to get some good rock.

But he's in Boulder, so he's fucked.

Jay

Partner robdotcalm

Sep 1, 2011, 9:00 PM
Post #4 of 6 (6821 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

bluemtfreerider wrote:
i've only been climbing about 6 months but i love getting on hard routs whether i make it or not.

You'll probably have better luck looking for a partner on Mountain Project as it's Boulder centric. I empathize with you. I often get on easy routes that end up being hard routs.

Take care,

Calm Rob

styndall

Sep 1, 2011, 11:27 PM
Post #5 of 6 (6810 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

bluemtfreerider wrote:
hey im a frosh at CU and i'm looking for someone to climb with. looking to do bouldering and single pitch climbing. i have my own: harness, shoes, belay/ rap divice, and crash pad. i've only been climbing about 6 months but i love getting on hard routs whether i make it or not. i've been climbing at the spot but i have to get outside, IM IN COLORADO I SHOULDN'T BE STUCK IN A GYM!!!

Go to The Spot on Monday. It's student day, so it's only 5 bucks if you get there before 5. Ride the bus - the one that goes down Arapahoe will get you really close - and your student ID gets you on it free.

You'll meet a ton of people. Also, you'll stand in line to try problems, and you'll feel really silly for climbing indoors in Boulder.

It's worth it to meet people, though.

bluemtfreerider

Sep 1, 2011, 11:52 PM
Post #6 of 6 (6806 views)
Shortcut

Re: [styndall] CU Boulder climbing partner [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

ya i have a membership to the spot. its really cool but not the same as being outside in the sun

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook