RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Technique & Training

Premier Sponsor:

AamClimber

Sep 2, 2011, 3:22 AM
Post #1 of 3 (2121 views)
Shortcut

Training help?!
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hi guys!
I've recently moved to East Lansing Michigan and there is no climbing Gym here:( Nearest is at Ann arbor or grand ledges but I'm not very familiar with the area yet and i don't know any other climbers yet so I can't go outdoors:( I'm not very experienced in the equipment department yet so yeah, can't go to grand ledges on my own.
I went to a climbing gym in Canada for the first time and found out my climbing level is around 5.11ish for toproping and maybe sport climbing and V5ish for bouldering. As I won't be climbing for a couple of months, can anyone suggest a training routine I can do at home?
I'll appreciate all positive comments:P

climb4free

Sep 2, 2011, 1:50 PM
Post #2 of 3 (2067 views)
Shortcut

Re: [AamClimber] Training help?! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

AamClimber wrote:
Hi guys!
I've recently moved to East Lansing Michigan and there is no climbing Gym here:( Nearest is at Ann arbor or grand ledges but I'm not very familiar with the area yet and i don't know any other climbers yet so I can't go outdoors:( I'm not very experienced in the equipment department yet so yeah, can't go to grand ledges on my own.
I went to a climbing gym in Canada for the first time and found out my climbing level is around 5.11ish for toproping and maybe sport climbing and V5ish for bouldering. As I won't be climbing for a couple of months, can anyone suggest a training routine I can do at home?
I'll appreciate all positive comments:P

Your best bet is to build a home wall. And to take the effort of making those connections with climbers.

granite_grrl

Sep 2, 2011, 2:40 PM
Post #3 of 3 (2055 views)
Shortcut

Re: [AamClimber] Training help?! [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

You're going to want to spend some time networking, that's for sure. Home wall is a good idea, but make some trips to the gym in Ann Arbor so you can start meeting people. Also post in the area discussions on this forum and try to dig up other people from your area.

What I have seen from many people in Michigan is a lot of road trips. In the spring/fall a lot make frequent trips to the Red Rive Gorge, and I've met quite a few along the Niagara Escarpment through the summer in Ontario.

If you are newer to climbing learning movement while climbing is going to help you the most right now. And to train climbing movement you need to climb.

Good luck!

Forums : Climbing Information : Technique & Training

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook