RSS FeedRSS Feeds for International

Premier Sponsor:

vouldering

Dec 17, 2011, 4:54 AM
Post #1 of 3 (567 views)
Shortcut

India climbing
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

anyone around Bangalore? wanting to go climb?

I have rope and gear plus extra harness for a partner. I have climbed in Ramanagaram, granite towers, and it is fantastic.

5.9-5.1+1 range bolted.

Hampi crowd coming down?

Normanras

Dec 26, 2011, 1:38 PM
Post #2 of 3 (542 views)
Shortcut

Re: [vouldering] India climbing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey vouldering, I'll be in Bangalore next week until 12 jan. I have been speaking with some climbers from the Bangalore climbers group on yahoo and hope to get some routes done while there. Ramnagara seems incredible - ill be bringing my harness and shoes and chalk but no trad gear. I can maybe grab a rack of nuts if need be. Any interest in climbing between the 7 and the 12 of jan? That's when I'll be the most free. Pm me and hopefully we can organize something! I'm climbing the same area, 5.8-5.10.

vouldering

Jan 6, 2012, 7:43 AM
Post #3 of 3 (487 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Normanras] India climbing [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

My experience of climbing in India has been a great adventure. It is amazing how much good granite towers there are. However, there is a lot of vegetation and much of spliter cracks are occupied; bee hives, tree roots and such.

Sane alternatives are bolted routes. and there are not that many. So have great fun and make plans to come and contribute to developments of climbing in India.

Minimum I will bring bunch of rap rings as practice routes lacked even that.

Background of bolted climbing around Ramanagaram is memorable and atmospheric. I highly recommend getting out there and try to find these routes and climb. Whatever bolted routes you find, they are high qualities.

Good luck

Forums : Climbing Partners : International

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook