RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

SamX

Apr 25, 2012, 4:21 PM
Post #1 of 2 (817 views)
Shortcut

Weather in RRG 04/27?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Its looking like storms are coming through but the forecast has changed like 5 times in the past 2 days as far as rainfall amounts and areas affected. EVen if its nice saturday will things still be too wet to climb? I usually dont head south until May or June so im just trying to figure out the conditions...

Anyone who has been down there this week post something...

lena_chita

Apr 25, 2012, 4:41 PM
Post #2 of 2 (799 views)
Shortcut

Re: [SamX] Weather in RRG 04/27? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

If you don't "head south" until May or June, then you are missing the best time to climb.

As to what the weather will be like-- we are reading the same forecasts as you. Who knows? Definitely not the best, but not the worst by far, either. In general, I consider 30% chance of rain as a good forecast. There is plenty of overhanging rock to climb at the Red, so I do not cancel a trip if the forecast shows 30% chance of rain Most of the time I got lucky, a few times I didn't.

It had been dry for something like an 18-day stretch up until last weekend and the weather was gorgeous. It's been pretty dry since early March, overall, and the rains in the past week haven't been super-heavy ,from what I have heard, so I would not expect the ground to be saturated and everything to be condensing and dripping...

But, everything is possible. Sorry, no guaranties in life.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook