RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Gear Heads

Premier Sponsor:

ballpointpenner

Jul 23, 2012, 4:43 PM
Post #1 of 5 (2220 views)
Shortcut

5.10 sizing variability
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hi guys and gals,

So, I see there are some good deals for various 5.10 shoes on 'the clymb' website (hornets and newtons). My anacasi velcroes are on the verge of death, so I'm very tempted to buy... the only caveat is the sizing - I don't have access to these shoe models in my area and so its difficult to predict how they will size. Has anyone had the chance to try both these shoes and the anasazi velcroes on lace-ups? (I used to have the lace-ups but also wore them out...) If so, how did the sizing vary between these models?

scott.nearing

Jul 25, 2012, 2:34 PM
Post #2 of 5 (2142 views)
Shortcut

Re: [ballpointpenner] 5.10 sizing variability [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

my experience is limited, correction welcomed

Synthetic shoes stretch less and you should go with a pair closer to your street shoe size. Like my Rock Wrenches, 1/2 a size down and they stretched very little, still tight.

Coyotes have non synthetic uppers stretch like crazy, but last along time. If I got a pair I'd plan to hand wash them every season to shrink them as they dried.

Some online stores will let you send shoes back if they are not worn outside, no signs of wear. Order and pay for more than one size so you can send back the ones that do not fit. I would not use the online order form to do this, call and get the sales person's name...

ballpointpenner

Aug 1, 2012, 5:49 PM
Post #3 of 5 (2069 views)
Shortcut

Re: [scott.nearing] 5.10 sizing variability [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Ok, I'm pretty sure I phrased my question poorly. What I should have asked was this: if I know my size for a given 5.10 shoe (say, the anasazi velcro) , stretching aside, can I assume that I will fit just as well in another 5.10 shoe (ex: the hornet)?

lemon_boy

Aug 1, 2012, 7:01 PM
Post #4 of 5 (2057 views)
Shortcut

Re: [ballpointpenner] 5.10 sizing variability [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

i have had really bad luck with 5.10 sizing variability, even when ordering the same shoe. for example, i have 5 pairs of galileos of the same numerical size that i ordered from one retailer, that vary from absolulutely loose to really tight. when i first opened the boxes and LOOKED at them, i could SEE the variation in size. no joke.

this is by far my biggest beef with 5.10 - i love the galileos otherwise. i will just avoid ordering them, and go try them on and buy them somewhere.

(This post was edited by lemon_boy on Aug 1, 2012, 7:02 PM)

ballpointpenner

Aug 1, 2012, 7:12 PM
Post #5 of 5 (2051 views)
Shortcut

Re: [lemon_boy] 5.10 sizing variability [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

That is good to know.

Thanks for the info!

Forums : Climbing Information : Gear Heads

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook