Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Sassofortino (Updated Directions)
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

kevintbeyer

Mar 28, 2013, 2:40 PM
Post #1 of 1 (986 views)
Shortcut

Sassofortino (Updated Directions)  (Europe: Italy: Tuscany_and_Emilia-Romagna: SassoFortino)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I bouldered Sassofortino recently with some friends, and we used the the directions on this website to find out way there. Although some of the directions were helpful, on the whole we found it very confusing.

Here is how I would put it:
Once you've made your way into the town of Sassofortino, look for the signs in town that direct you to the soccer field (Campo Sportivo) and follow that road until you see the soccer field on your right. Continue straight past this field and the road should split off onto a gravel path to the right. Follow the gravel path up until you reach the FIRST well on your left. There will be a villa on the right across the street from the well with a big gate at the driveway. Follow the path on the left next to the well until you reach a chestnut tree that should have a sign on it. There is a turn in the path at this chestnut tree that you want to take. If you reach an abandoned shack with lots of broken glass, you have gone too far. Follow the path at the chestnut tree and you should start to see trail markings (red and white). This trail leads all the way up to Sassoforte. On the way you will see bouldering spots on your left as you follow the trail up the hill.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook