RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Technique & Training

Premier Sponsor:

mtnsplitters

Oct 31, 2013, 12:39 AM
Post #1 of 3 (2609 views)
Shortcut

Looking for feedback on self rescue 'how-to' videos
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I'm creating a number of how-to videos for my students that take advanced mountaineering courses with my school. The vids are designed so students can brush up on certain skills before coming to the course. Hopefully the general public will be able to bolster their risk management with these important tools as well....

Any feedback from folks that already know these skills well will be appreciated!

Thanks,
Josh

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChadVGrq5B1DvOnvN4sb4QA/videos

P.S. Please hold back on comments regarding 50 different ways to achieve the same thing :-)

Daan

Nov 18, 2013, 2:13 PM
Post #2 of 3 (2319 views)
Shortcut

Re: [mtnsplitters] Looking for feedback on self rescue 'how-to' videos [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Great video's. Very clear and neat.

Perhaps on the reverso video it would be a good idea to highlight some more that releasing the device without the MMO backup your second will be flying towards earth.

sungam

Nov 18, 2013, 3:17 PM
Post #3 of 3 (2300 views)
Shortcut

Re: [mtnsplitters] Looking for feedback on self rescue 'how-to' videos [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

mtnsplitters wrote:
I'm creating a number of how-to videos for my students that take advanced mountaineering courses with my school. The vids are designed so students can brush up on certain skills before coming to the course. Hopefully the general public will be able to bolster their risk management with these important tools as well....

Any feedback from folks that already know these skills well will be appreciated!

Thanks,
Josh

https://www.youtube.com/...1DvOnvN4sb4QA/videos

P.S. Please hold back on comments regarding 50 different ways to achieve the same thing :-)
All seems to be fairly well done. I particularly liked added realism of the sling-stuck-on-hood.

Only things I didn't like was girth hitching a thin dyneema sling, not talking about the importance of choosing a solid piece of pro for the release sling, and treating the break line like it was a sausage right out he pan instead of having a firm grip.

As a side note, your/her dimples are really happy looking.

Forums : Climbing Information : Technique & Training

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook