RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Suggestions & Feedback

Premier Sponsor:

Shroom

Nov 23, 2013, 11:46 PM
Post #1 of 12 (9073 views)
Shortcut

New Moderator Nominations
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (1 rating)  
Can't Post

With the new regime change, it is probably a good idea to get some new mods for the forums. Many of the existing mods have no presence in the forums or limit themselves to insipid threads in Community while several users are active, insightful, cordial, and experienced as climbers.

I would like to nominate the following users as great next gen mods: rocknice2, JAB, mojomonkey, csproul, marc801, skiclimb, billl7, robdotcalm, and moose_droppings. I am sure I forgot a few, so feel free to add other names.

It is almost a no brainer to make onceahardman a mod for the injury forum.

This all assumes that any of them would accept the position. Frankly I'm not sure why anyone would do this thankless job for no pay or reward, but I am sure from their posting histories that they would all be fair, credible, and enhance the site's image.

Discuss.

iknowfear

Nov 24, 2013, 7:05 PM
Post #2 of 12 (9041 views)
Shortcut

Re: [Shroom] New Moderator Nominations [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Shroom wrote:
With the new regime change, it is probably a good idea to get some new mods for the forums. Many of the existing mods have no presence in the forums or limit themselves to insipid threads in Community while several users are active, insightful, cordial, and experienced as climbers.

I would like to nominate the following users as great next gen mods: rocknice2, JAB, mojomonkey, csproul, marc801, skiclimb, billl7, robdotcalm, and moose_droppings. I am sure I forgot a few, so feel free to add other names.

This all assumes that any of them would accept the position. Frankly I'm not sure why anyone would do this thankless job for no pay or reward, but I am sure from their posting histories that they would all be fair, credible, and enhance the site's image.

Discuss.

jim titt for the lab

edited for stupidnes

(This post was edited by iknowfear on Nov 27, 2013, 11:26 PM)

curt

Nov 30, 2013, 9:42 PM
Post #3 of 12 (8973 views)
Shortcut

Re: [iknowfear] New Moderator Nominations [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (2 ratings)  
Can't Post

iknowfear wrote:
jim titt for the lab

rgold too, if he'd be interested.

Curt

wonderwoman

Dec 2, 2013, 12:52 AM
Post #4 of 12 (8949 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I have suggested moose_droppings & mojomonkey in the past.

edge

Dec 3, 2013, 11:43 PM
Post #5 of 12 (8918 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

That's a good list; I would add acorneau as well.

But like you said, I am not sure why anyone would agree to modding. It's a thankless job with no upside.

lena_chita

Dec 4, 2013, 1:12 PM
Post #6 of 12 (8900 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Shroom wrote:

Discuss.

I like the list. Mojomonkey and marc801 have been reporting spam regularly over the last few spam-infested months.

caughtinside

Dec 13, 2013, 1:42 AM
Post #7 of 12 (8806 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (2 ratings)  
Can't Post

tripperjm is a sport climber with years of experience. Clearly we need him to don the green jacket.

sungam

Jun 3, 2015, 10:11 AM
Post #8 of 12 (7716 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I nominate SUNGAM for this role.

climbs4fun

Jun 22, 2015, 11:26 PM
Post #9 of 12 (7490 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Shroom wrote:

Discuss.

There hasn't been a whole heck of a lot of traffic to demand much moderator presence. I can assure you that they do scan the forums. If moderation isn't needed, then there is no reason to pipe into a thread. Until the site becomes more active, there is no need for new moderators. There's nothing to moderate. If however, you feel that something has been missed, please feel free to click on the "report post" button and somebody will deal with it.

Partner epoch

Jun 23, 2015, 2:43 PM
Post #10 of 12 (7476 views)
Shortcut

Re: [climbs4fun] New Moderator Nominations [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

climbs4fun wrote:
Shroom wrote:

Discuss.

There hasn't been a whole heck of a lot of traffic to demand much moderator presence. I can assure you that they do scan the forums. If moderation isn't needed, then there is no reason to pipe into a thread. Until the site becomes more active, there is no need for new moderators. There's nothing to moderate. If however, you feel that something has been missed, please feel free to click on the "report post" button and somebody will deal with it.
+1 with what C4F said.

Additionally, Shroom, if you feel a need to talk about things, please go ahead and start a discussion thread. It'll be another thing for me to read! The mods are here, but as C4F said, things are a bit slow now.

Partner macherry

Jun 24, 2015, 12:55 AM
Post #11 of 12 (7468 views)
Shortcut

Re: [epoch] New Moderator Nominations [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

epoch wrote:
climbs4fun wrote:
Shroom wrote:

Discuss.

+1 with what C4F said.

Additionally, Shroom, if you feel a need to talk about things, please go ahead and start a discussion thread. It'll be another thing for me to read! The mods are here, but as C4F said, things are a bit slow now.

slow that's an understatement. most community discussion has left the building and is more likely to been seen on facebook among friends. as for climbing, who knows. maybe it's all been said

Gmburns2000

Jul 3, 2015, 2:05 AM
Post #12 of 12 (7344 views)
Shortcut

Re: [macherry] New Moderator Nominations [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

macherry wrote:
epoch wrote:
climbs4fun wrote:
Shroom wrote:

Discuss.

+1 with what C4F said.

slow that's an understatement. most community discussion has left the building and is more likely to been seen on facebook among friends. as for climbing, who knows. maybe it's all been said

So slow that the last meaningful comment before resurrection was in 2013, and the mods are treating it as if it was a recent post.

Forums : Rockclimbing.com : Suggestions & Feedback

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook