First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

stevematthys

Jan 28, 2003, 12:12 AM
Post #1 of 49 (2011 views)
Shortcut

Climbing Pranks
Report this Post
Can't Post

What is the best prank you have pulled off on a friend that climbs? I personally think that taking a sh*t in somebodys chalk bag would be funny, just imagine the look on their face when they reach in to chalk up before they start climbing.

What are some of your ideas?

[ This Message was edited by: stevematthys on 2003-01-27 16:13 ]

no_limit

Jan 28, 2003, 12:16 AM
Post #2 of 49 (2011 views)
Shortcut

Climbing Pranks [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

That's not a good idea.

I prefer my climbing partner to trust me, and I like trusting him. Pulling pranks on each other would break this trust, and would greatly affect our climbing.

It's hard enough to keep climbing safe when you are doing every thing properly, imagine what would happen if you didn't trust your partner, or if you were afraid that your gear may have been tampered with.

This is a bad idea

misha

Jan 28, 2003, 12:18 AM
Post #3 of 49 (2011 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

when they lower off give them 10 feet of slack, or when they try do dog, pull them off, or pull them off the wall when they are bouldering.

Partner one900johnnyk

Jan 28, 2003, 12:19 AM
Post #4 of 49 (2011 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

don't be so uptight it's not like his prank was to drop him on rappell.. i will try to think of some good ones too. the $#!& in the chalk bag is a little too much work for me, i mean that would take some serious cunning... and aim.

climbingcanuck

Jan 28, 2003, 12:28 AM
Post #5 of 49 (2011 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Cutting their slings while they're not looking!!
just kidding....im not that evil

misha

Jan 28, 2003, 12:29 AM
Post #6 of 49 (2011 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

yeah no limit, who is your partner anyways. Partners are supposed to be friends that can take a joke, but maybe your panties are too far up your butt to know that.

totigers

Jan 28, 2003, 12:29 AM
Post #7 of 49 (2011 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Salt their water bottle
Tell them this 5.7 they are going to lead is really a 5.9

shaving cream in their shoes
lizard in their sleeping bag
Move camp while they sleep
Move them while they sleep
Put an extra fifty pounds in their backpack

Just some of my favorites

no_limit

Jan 28, 2003, 12:33 AM
Post #8 of 49 (2011 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Misha,
Practical jokes are okay, as long as they don't go to far. If a newbie walks in here and sees "pay out 10 feet of slack and let your partner drop", it isn't good, or "cut your partners slings". These may be funny on the internet, but are not funny when inexperienced climbers go out to have fun, and die.

How old are you guys anyway? I am only 15 and I know better.

[ This Message was edited by: no_limit on 2003-01-27 16:49 ]

hangdoggypound

Jan 28, 2003, 12:51 AM
Post #9 of 49 (2011 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

stevematthys: Yes poop in the chalk bag would be very funny! But what would your partner do with that poop after he has it all over his hand, and you are right there laughing and holding in your pee...hmmm. I bet you'd end up with that same poop in your face.

I used to climb with a few friends who belayed with Gri Gris and thought it was funny to drop the climber after they finished the route. These bozos would just crank the lever back as they saw the climber - usually me - begin to weight the rope. And ziiiipppp down half the climb. They'd just laugh - and even I laughed the first time - but after 3-4 times I became afraid of what might happen. I thought for sure I was eventually going to cream my noggin on the ground.

"That is emphatically not the better way" to quote a certain vivid personality here on the beloved rcdotcom.

[small]edit for sentence structure - I'm a total dork[/small]

[ This Message was edited by: hangdoggypound on 2003-01-27 16:54 ]

studmuffin

Jan 28, 2003, 1:18 AM
Post #10 of 49 (2011 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I put a fake snake in my buds rope bag. He said it was imossible to scare him, he screamed like a girl. We got him again when we stashed the same snake on this small ledge (where we TR) he freaked again. It was great watching him kick off the wall and swing back screaming.
peace out
Justin

tenn_dawg

Jan 28, 2003, 1:33 AM
Post #11 of 49 (2011 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Somedays my partners are not up for leading so I end up being the fearless leader, and setting up topropes for my "lazy" partners.

My favorite thing to do is wait until they are gripped on the climb, and then mention casually,

"Oh yeah, check those lockers at the top when you get up there, I'm not sure if I remembered to lock them or not.

It's subtle, but I love to do that to get even with people that are to lazy to lead.

Travis

Partner coldclimb

Jan 28, 2003, 1:42 AM
Post #12 of 49 (2011 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

at the gym, I bouldered up next to my friend who was on toprope, but practicing lead with another rope, and got him really pumped by unclipping his first draw just after he clipped and reached for another hold. I also recall helping Baza_arrampicare escape from the belay, leaving her friend stranded in the air.

I've tied off a friend on rappel from my tree-hung rappeling practice rope years ago. A little while after that, we hoisted another friend's bike forty feet in the air and left it hanging from an ascender. I think he eventually got it down, though I can't remember how.

jhwnewengland

Jan 28, 2003, 1:48 AM
Post #13 of 49 (2011 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In "The Eiger Sanction," Clint Eastwood's trainer lets Clint lead a desert pinnacle that he says he's already climbed... turns out Clint gets the FA, and it's damn hard. At the top, the trainer offers Clint a beer. Clint replies "you'd be crazy to haul beer up a climb like this," to which the trainer replies: "I didn't," and pulls a sixer out of Clint's pack. Damn that's a good movie.

lemurboy

Jan 28, 2003, 2:12 AM
Post #14 of 49 (2011 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Man do I have a good story,

We were at the Red, and these guys from North Carolina were there, anyway with the absence of one of them we discussed around the fire how funny it would be to exchage bisquick for his Chalk!!!!

So the next day we carried out the plan...and off to the crag we go.

The guy gets up halfway on route, dips into his chalk bag only to realize that his chalk has just turned into dough, and he busts off.

Great Fun i tell you...

try it some time!

repete

Jan 28, 2003, 2:48 AM
Post #15 of 49 (2011 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

This summer my brother had gone climbing with me a few times but he had never seen me set up the top rope anchor so one time i told him i was gana teach him how to set one up. So i took him to the top of the climb and i slung one magic marker thick sapling, ran the rope through the anchor and went to the bottom of the climb. I told him that this was the anchor i use all the time for this climb. I could tell he was freaked out but he didnt want to say anything becasue he realy doesnt know what he is doing. so i asked him to rope up for the climb an as he was tying in he finaly said something. It was funny.

time44teens

Jan 28, 2003, 2:56 AM
Post #16 of 49 (2011 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

one of my favorites is to wait till your partner is near the top of their route and yell "ok...off belay!" haha

beyond_gravity

Jan 28, 2003, 3:06 AM
Post #17 of 49 (2011 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Dishwasher detergent in place of chalk. It would make your hands all slipery!

salathiel

Jan 28, 2003, 3:06 AM
Post #18 of 49 (2011 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I don't know if this is qualifies as a prank but while climbing at stone Mountain, NC I watched a guy set up a belay for his partner behind a flake clipping into the anchor with a cordalette. In a crack to the right, he took out a small green plastic castle which he slung and wedged into the crack and pretended to belay off of what he called his "little green camalot." funniest thing i evr saw ata crag and brilliantly played out.
Blur

uncle_big_green

Jan 28, 2003, 3:11 AM
Post #19 of 49 (2011 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Many of these ideas are assinine and should result in ass-beatings. Making someone fall is not cool. Paying-out slack when they go to weight the anchors is not cool. Defecating in a chalk bag is not cool (neither is chalk).

The only semi-original idea that was worthy was the fake snake in the rope bag. Other good tried and true things to do are the rock-in-the-pack, taking pictures of your friend hang dogging after they tell you to photograph them on a route, and taking their car keys and moving their car out of sight before they get back to the lot.

beyond_gravity

Jan 28, 2003, 3:16 AM
Post #20 of 49 (2011 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Quote:
Other good tried and true things to do are the rock-in-the-pack, taking pictures of your friend hang dogging after they tell you to photograph them on a route, and taking their car keys and moving their car out of sight before they get back to the lot.

None of those are origonal at all! Hikers and scramblers have been doing the rock thing for years. Car keys thing is lame, and wasting a roll of film is gayness.

jeepmonkey

Jan 28, 2003, 3:41 AM
Post #21 of 49 (2011 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

[small]This topic was moved to the Community forum by jeepmonkey[/small]

goingtohellquick

Jan 28, 2003, 3:51 AM
Post #22 of 49 (2011 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

instead of anchoring to something good, anchor into my dog....she like weighs as much as me.

the best climbing partner is the one that craps outside hehehehe

no, you touch my dog and you die

Partner camhead

Jan 28, 2003, 5:50 AM
Post #23 of 49 (2011 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

right at the crux, tell your partner "oh, I think I saw that bolt you just clipped move a little. just hit it back in with a quickdraw."

goingtohellquick

Jan 28, 2003, 5:51 AM
Post #24 of 49 (2011 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

i like the ones that always end up with a "oh thats disgusting!!!!"hehehe

rckclimbergurl

Jan 28, 2003, 7:21 AM
Post #25 of 49 (2011 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

It's not that bad or anything, but someone *ahem* put one's gum in one's chalk bag, (jon!!) Didn't realize it for awhile.........

First page Previous page 1 2 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Community : Campground

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook