Forums: Climbing Partners: Canada:
Anyone ever climb at the University of calgary gym?
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Canada

Premier Sponsor:

jono13

Nov 26, 2001, 7:46 PM
Post #1 of 8 (2983 views)
Shortcut

Anyone ever climb at the University of calgary gym?
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

hey, just wondering if anyone has ever climbed at the U of C gym, if so, what kinda routes you doing and stuff? ciao
jono

biff

Nov 26, 2001, 8:02 PM
Post #2 of 8 (2983 views)
Shortcut

Anyone ever climb at the University of calgary gym? [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Dude, I climb at the bouldering wall 3-4 times a week usually late at night. I have only climbed in the pit once to practice rope technique. Doing the slab with one arm only really trains good foot work, the cracks are great. PM or e-mail me if you want to climb there with me sometime.

jono13

Nov 26, 2001, 9:59 PM
Post #3 of 8 (2983 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

ya, ive done a bit of bouldering down in the hall, but i kinda suck. im in the gym about once a week, and ya, i like doing the one armed climb on the slab. they recently had a comp in there, so theres routes up now, but i havent been in a couple of weeks so that might have changed now. you ever tried the wall thats in left corner when you look in, supposed to be the hardest climb there, its a cool climb. ciao
jono

biff

Nov 27, 2001, 8:43 PM
Post #4 of 8 (2983 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

The plastic wall? I did that one to practice lead falls .. it didn't seem hard to me. I have also done the concrete wall taht is furthest left .. it was prety easy too ... the only way to make any of it difficult is to make some of the jugs "out"

I havn't been in there since the competitoin. I usually boulder .. I don't have a rope or harness .. hopefully I get some for christmas

jono13

Nov 28, 2001, 1:19 AM
Post #5 of 8 (2983 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

No dude. The plastic walls simple, im talking a different wall, and ya that one beside the plastic is easy. but you know how theres th big easy slab climb? well to the left of it theres a plastic climb which is pretty tough, but next to that is this pretty scarce and thin climb. they said its the hardest one there, using the one face, but i redpointed it hehe, ciao dude
jono

jono13

Dec 30, 2001, 4:25 AM
Post #6 of 8 (2983 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

ya,bouldering wall at U of C is alright, and ya its free, and stronghold is awesome to, but pricey as hell. U of C pit is real rock, cheap, theres not as many walls, but making you own routes is fun, sure, strongholds is cool, but id rather crank on real rock than plastic. cheers
jono

jono13

Dec 30, 2001, 4:26 AM
Post #7 of 8 (2983 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

ya,bouldering wall at U of C is alright, and ya its free, and stronghold is awesome to, but pricey as hell. U of C pit is real rock, cheap, theres not as many walls, but making you own routes is fun, sure, strongholds is cool, but id rather crank on real rock than plastic. cheers
jono

PS: Slopy climber or whatever (cant remeber your name), your name doesnt happen to be patrick is it. just there was a dude in there complaining bout U of C, and raving about stronghold. ciao

jono13

Jan 4, 2002, 7:55 AM
Post #8 of 8 (2983 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

ya rap_off_hooks, u of C's not overly challenging, but there is one wall which is really hard when just using the face, and not the divider crack. its kind of a hidden wall, very few people climb it, kick ass climb thouhg

Forums : Climbing Partners : Canada

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook