Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

rocksolid

Jun 4, 2003, 1:10 PM
Post #26 of 96 (5663 views)
Shortcut

Re: June Climbing in Minnesota [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

That sucks. The one time that I don't have my gear in my car... And since I work in Eagan, I could have been in Red Wing between 4:30 and 5:00 (assuming I got out of work on time - and we all know how often that happens). Next time...

Patrick - I'll look for you tonight at VE.

jetman_jake

Jun 4, 2003, 7:43 PM
Post #27 of 96 (5663 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'll probably be headed out to Red Wing this weekend with some friends if anyone wants to hang out and share routes and draws and food and such. We'll be there Saturday and Sunday, possibly with some ninja camping, depending on what we find. Send me a PM if you're interested.

~jake

fo_d

Jun 4, 2003, 10:17 PM
Post #28 of 96 (5663 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Dann and I got rained out today so well be lookin at Fri or sat it think, we'll see what the weather does

:D Les :D

lightboi

Jun 5, 2003, 3:54 AM
Post #29 of 96 (5663 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

my foot is healed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! the scabs finally fell off, and it only took 8 weeks.

word to the wise never ever break bones in your foot...

I will be down at redwing on fri about noon....the wife and one of her girlfriends will be joining me. so 5.6 city here we come. I have spent the past 8 weeks doing nothing but pullups on doorjams, so i should have the bare beginnings of finger strentgh. Will prob spend the day messing around on "goofed" or what ever else margaret and jill are capeable of doing. come join us.

josh

ps just as a warning i will probally have the dog with me(storm 6 year old husky) so if you hate dogs, get used to it, this is a sporto crag with easy access. But Storm is a slut and if you come buy expect to have your crotch sniffed and ear scraching demanded.

karma274

Jun 5, 2003, 4:08 AM
Post #30 of 96 (5663 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

You all missed out. It was a beautiful day at the bluff. Barely rained at all.

PS- Jake, I would recommend non ninja-camping at the bluff. It's sort of in the city and would be obvious when your vehicle is parked there all night. You could park it at the grocery store and then hike to the bluff and probably get away with it though, if you wanted to do that.

Prairie Fire is the hardest .10c on earth.

rockhugger

Jun 5, 2003, 4:09 AM
Post #31 of 96 (5663 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

About time you get over being crippled! I'm going to try to come down there and climb with everyone on Friday.

karma274

Jun 5, 2003, 4:10 AM
Post #32 of 96 (5663 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Lightboi- If you bring the dog I would strongly suggest keeping it leashed. I've seen numerous little kids who are out hiking with their family get the shite scared out of them by climbers' dogs that are just wandering around and come up for a friendly hello. The kids don't realize the dogs just want a pat on the head.

duskerhu

Jun 5, 2003, 9:35 AM
Post #33 of 96 (5663 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Well JOSH! Good to hear from you! I was starting to wonder if you were babying that foot... jk :lol:

Les and I will be at the bluff early. I know your day doesn't start til much later but we'll keep an eye out for you.

karma, lightboi's Storm has been to the crag many times before. She's pretty docile, just likes to leave a dump once in a while, which sucks when its in the bushes right next to where you're climbing... :lol: And Friday during the day, is not really family day at the bluff so I don't think we'll be seeing many children.

Anyway, Friday morning 0715 people... bet ya can't beat me there!

duskerhu

jetman_jake

Jun 5, 2003, 1:23 PM
Post #34 of 96 (5663 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

The ninja camping would most likely be away from the crag, off in the woods in the country somewhere. Being in the city is no fun. :?

~j

karma274

Jun 5, 2003, 7:51 PM
Post #35 of 96 (5663 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
The ninja camping would most likely be away from the crag, off in the woods in the country somewhere. Being in the city is no fun. :?

~j

Word to being in the city being no fun.

Duskerhu, yeah, I doubt there will be many people there. Just letting you know what I've seen. Personally, I don't really mind dogs at the bluff I just don't want it to become an issue with the people who are out there to hike around with the family and stuff. Most of the time the dogs are at least friendly, albeit not always that well behaved. (Not directed at Storm, lightboi. Never met her as far as I know.)

7:15 is effin early!

fo_d

Jun 5, 2003, 9:59 PM
Post #36 of 96 (5663 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

the effin weather is not lookin effin good at all, I suppose we wont know till 6am if its gonna be effin dry enough.

sorry karma274, I liked your spelling of effin :D

:D Les :D

fo_d

Jun 5, 2003, 10:05 PM
Post #37 of 96 (5663 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

heres the effin forcast:

http://www.weather.com/weather/detail/USMN0620?dayNum=1

rockhugger

Jun 5, 2003, 10:23 PM
Post #38 of 96 (5663 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Your right ,that forecast effin sucks!I just hope I can come down and do some effin climbing. :lol:

duskerhu

Jun 6, 2003, 3:49 AM
Post #39 of 96 (5663 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

YO Bro! Yer gettin' too hung up on the effin (nah, I can't continue that sheet), fukcin' weather dude!

Hey, what's with the f-n-heimer anyway? :?

This morning at 0600, the weather liar here said it would start raining around 3pm and rain all night and most of tomorrow. Well, did it? Hell no! I thought for sure Kali's baseball game tonight would be rained out, but come game time at 1830, not a cloud in the sky.

Now, there are some clouds rolling in (I can see it on the SAT photos) but the system is pretty broken up in it. The storm doesn't seem to be forming up very well. So, we may get some showers but I don't think its gonna be an all day/night soaker... I got all my gear with me and I'm planning on going down right after work.

At 0500 I'll look at the radar and see what's about to hit Red Wing and make my determination then. But I got some bidness to do down there and until then I'm planning on going...

Les, did you bring those re-con biners with you tonight?

duskerhu

lightboi

Jun 6, 2003, 4:04 AM
Post #40 of 96 (5663 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Karma you bring up a good point about dogs and crags. Storm is a husky, and all huskys MUST be leashed at all times. Saying that they tend to wander is an understatement. His comfort range from me off leash is about 300 yards.

On another note F*&% the rain

Yet another note I heard a rumor that the Red Wing PD picked up 2 kids for vandalizing cars in the lot. I hope that they are the same 2 bastard children that jacked my gear last year. So word to the wise treat red wing as the "big city" and leave your valuables hidden or at home.

fo_d

Jun 6, 2003, 5:44 AM
Post #41 of 96 (5663 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

:D :D :D ok eff the effin weather :D :D :D Dan try to effin call me when you make yer effin determination on the effin weather.

on another subject, I saw an ad in Climbing mag for splitter 2 and 4 cams for $27 and $29 each or all 5 two cams plus one of the small 4 cams for $139. I cant pass that deal and i figured I better bring it to yall's effin atention.

:D effin Les :D

karma274

Jun 6, 2003, 5:49 AM
Post #42 of 96 (5663 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hopefully the rumor is true. Personally, I'm less worried about my truck being broken into than I am about the little fukcers who throw effin rocks off the top of the bluff onto people climbing. Hopefully one of them will fall of and splatter. Karma (the spiritual type) is a biatch!

Hope you all have a dry day of climbing tomorrow. And a dry weekend for that matter.

fo_d

Jun 6, 2003, 5:51 AM
Post #43 of 96 (5663 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

The weather liars got me today also, we got our boat back yesterday and today we put it in and its cloudy the liars says rain is comming any minute so we cover the boat an go back to the house, the sun comes out and wifey says we should go ski i say nahhh the liar says its gonna rain any time....3 hrs later when i head off to work its still sunny and very nice :oops:

el_capitan

Jun 6, 2003, 6:57 AM
Post #44 of 96 (5663 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey Everyone,
I'm back from my trip to Korea [no climbing:( ] and want to get some climbing in this weekend. I will plan on being at red wing in the morning (in a few hours I guess, I'm still jet lagged and I'm wide awake right now at 2am) if the weather looks good when I awake. If not, anyone up for a quick climbing trip? I've got a couple days off of work (sun-tues) and was thinking of either devil's or the north shore.
~Sung

duskerhu

Jun 6, 2003, 7:37 AM
Post #45 of 96 (5663 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey Sung, welcome back! Hope you had a good time on your trip!

About the weather today/this morning, its lookin' worse all the time. I'm sure we'll get rained out! :wink: *wink* *wink*

If you are up for the north shore Sung, there are a load of folks from VE going up there this morning for the weekend, kurt/Kurt included... I don't know who else is going for sure but I hear there's a bunch.

les, I'll get back to you on the coming weather...

duskerhu

pelliott

Jun 6, 2003, 1:34 PM
Post #46 of 96 (5663 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I will be going up to Tettegouche tomorrow afternoon in hopes of hooking up with a crew who will be there all weekend. It looks like they will get rained out tomorrow, so I might just hit the good weather on Sunday. Although they may bail if it is too bad. I hope not.

Why do we get so hung up about the weather? We let it rule our lives. :?

rockhugger

Jun 6, 2003, 5:52 PM
Post #47 of 96 (5663 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Can anyone meet me at Taylors Falls Saturday morning? I won't be able to climb anywhere else because I have to go to a wedding reception in Stillwater. PM me and let me know.

jetman_jake

Jun 6, 2003, 6:24 PM
Post #48 of 96 (5663 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I was planning on Red Wing this weekend, but Taylor's might work if rain threatens :evil: I may do some gym climbing on Sunday, maybe do a tour of Galyan's, REI, and VE, since the weather may be crappy.

~j

pj

Jun 6, 2003, 9:50 PM
Post #49 of 96 (5663 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Yeah, me and Bert wanted to do the bluffs again, but got rained out for Saturday - we'll be at VE from about 3:30 'til close if anyone wants to join us for that. Gotta keep up my unprecedented week o' 5.10s. :o

Paula.

duskerhu

Jun 9, 2003, 7:30 AM
Post #50 of 96 (5663 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Man, what a horseshitt weekend! I'm glad its over... When it wasn't raining, we thought it was gonna rain, and when when were weren't thinking it was gonna rain, it was raining... UHHhh! :? You know what I mean... :wink:

Anyway, new week, and since I didn't get my fix this weekend (nor did Les), we're heading down to the Bluff this afternoon to get our Rock-On!

Les should be there at 3pm, and I'll be there shortly after that. Come on down if any of you wanna climb...

duskerhu

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook