RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Alpine & Ice

Premier Sponsor:

pico23

Jul 10, 2003, 9:22 PM
Post #1 of 2 (914 views)
Shortcut

Adding heel lifters to Denali Classics
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I know this would void my warranty but my Denali Classics are so old that my wifes pair has the lace up binding and mine are the next model year.

So, would it be possible to add heel lifters to the Denali Classic? Now in asking this I'm also asking would the shoe still be structurally sound and what would be the best way to add them?

I'm thinking a standard voile ski heel lifter addon would be fine as long as drilling the Denalis is possible. I'd support the area with a piece of steel or aluminum bracing on at least one side of the shoe to distribute the force.

Anyone tried this?

marcel

Jul 11, 2003, 12:24 AM
Post #2 of 2 (914 views)
Shortcut

Re: Adding heel lifters to Denali Classics [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

The Danalis are great shoes. I've worn out 2 or 3 pairs of them in the last few years. The one down fall is the metal easily fatigues and breaks at the pin. I've also broke them right in the middle. So, even though I have never modified any of the pairs I've been around, I'm guessing the metal parts are already marginal at best. (When we go on long trips we always carry atleast on spare binding between us.)

A friend of mine broke the front off his Danalis and then pop rivited them back on with two peices of 1/8 X 1 aluminum. That was two season ago and they seem to be holding up fine.

Let us know how it works out if you do the modification!

Forums : Climbing Disciplines : Alpine & Ice

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook