Premier Sponsor:

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

duskerhu

Jul 10, 2003, 10:04 AM
Post #26 of 93 (5640 views)
Shortcut

Re: July Climbing in Minnesota [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Sounds like fo_d, maddog, and at least I will all be at Barn Bluff Friday morning about 0700.

Too bad you can't afford a cab from Hutch Keith... :shock: (don't worry, I can't afford one from Hutch either) We'll be at TF Saturday. Look us up!

twiz We'll be at Barns Friday and TF Saturday, in case you didn't read the line above this, like you apparently didn't read my last post, 3 or 4 up from here... :lol: c'mon out and climb with us...

Oh, I think kurt mentioned 10am for TF Saturday but I'm pretty sure I'll already be climbing by then. At least doing some bouldering...

duskerhu

twiz

Jul 10, 2003, 1:45 PM
Post #27 of 93 (5640 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
twiz We'll be at Barns Friday and TF Saturday, in case you didn't read the line above this, like you apparently didn't read my last post, 3 or 4 up from here... :lol: c'mon out and climb with us..
duskerhu

I read it, thats why I was asking...apparently my mistake was not including the words, "Taylors Falls"....what area in TF do you think you will be climbing? MN? Wi? The strip? tourist rock? keyhole?Sentinal?
or
is there an easy way to pick you guys out?

maddog

Jul 10, 2003, 2:03 PM
Post #28 of 93 (5640 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

well, i was just informed i have to work all day tomorrow. which pees me off bigtime. ohwell, i suppose i could use the money. but yeah, sorry guys, i really wanted to go climb with you guys tomorrow, you kick a$$. but i would like to try and meet up on saturday at TF, if anything else ill give you or f_od a call, i have both your number. have fun tomorrow....

matt

duskerhu

Jul 10, 2003, 8:35 PM
Post #29 of 93 (5640 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
I read it, thats why I was asking...apparently my mistake was not including the words, "Taylors Falls"....what area in TF do you think you will be climbing? MN? Wi? The strip? tourist rock? keyhole?Sentinal?
or
is there an easy way to pick you guys out?
:oops: Sorry twiz, my bad... At the moment, we've no particular plans (that I know of) to climb a particular section... kurt actually set this up and he hasn't posted this week. He emailed me that he had been telling everyone to meet in the parking lot at 10am so, that's what I got.

I'm assuming (although, hopefully inncorrectly) that by 10am we'll be waiting in line for anything near the parking lot on the MN side. I was actually hoping for the WI side. I'll contact kurt tonight and see if he has a more specific plan and post up what I find out.

In the mean time, you can recognize us by... kurt is relatively short and has a negative "ape index" :lol: :lol: :lol: , has black hair with a bit of gray working its way through and usually wears a pair of Prana pants and a t-shirt. He also has a dozen black Petzl Spirit draws near him at all times... I on the other hand am a bit taller than kurt and have a +2 "ape index" (which doesn't always help me climb better than kurt by the way :? ) and I have longish hair (blonde/light brown) and am very balding on top. I carry an over-stuffed red Lowe Alpine Vision 40 backpack and you will usually find a foldable blue "belay chair" very near by if I'm not actually climbing.

I don't know for sure who else will be there but look for a largish group of maybe 6 or 8 people taking up a good section of wall...

duskerhu

pj

Jul 10, 2003, 9:36 PM
Post #30 of 93 (5640 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'd be up for joining you guys at TF on Saturday. Post here when you know what Kurt says about where/when to meet. I don't know the spots there well enough to just show up and hope to find you by wandering around....

"Hey? guys???.....*aaaaiiiieeee* SPLAT :shock:

Paula.

mewalrus

Jul 11, 2003, 12:29 AM
Post #31 of 93 (5640 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I'll be there for sure. I would like to go early and do some leading. (Before the peanut gallery arrives :wink:) Actually it might be better if there is some pressure not to sketch on 5.easy, :)

I already asked Dan if he was interested but I'll open it up to anyone who wants to get there early. I was thinking around 7am, maybe thats pushin it but 8 at the latest.
Matt

duskerhu

Jul 11, 2003, 7:12 AM
Post #32 of 93 (5640 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Yep Matt, check yer PM's...

Ah, for anyone interested, here's the scoop for Saturday at TF...

Looks like at least Matt and I are going a little early. Kurt, Patrick, and Lee are planning on being there at 9am to hook up in the parking lot. Kurt invited a few folks from VE out and he originally told them 10am in the lot. I'm not sure if he's updated those folks on the new time or not.

So it looks like Matt and I'll be there early, Kurt and the gang at 9am, then some folks at 10... Meet in the parking lot at those times to get found... I suppose near the ranger's hut.

See yall Saturday, or today if you're coming down to the bluff...

duskerhu

pj

Jul 11, 2003, 2:03 PM
Post #33 of 93 (5640 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Not to beat a dead horse, but that's the MN side, right?

Paula.

boris_the_crazy

Jul 11, 2003, 6:03 PM
Post #34 of 93 (5640 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

ya

twiz

Jul 12, 2003, 1:43 AM
Post #35 of 93 (5640 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Thanks for the more detailed info.

I dont know what time I plan on heading out there.

I dont know what I will be wearing.

I have a granite gear maroon/grey/black pack

I have light brown hair. it will be in braids or pulled back in some sort of fashion.

If I dont approach you, its because Im not sure...and honestly Im a tad shy in person. Dont hesitate to say anything if you see me dinking around on some rock by myself, setting up anchors/placing gear (can never get enough practice w/that), or just watching others.

Oh ya, Im a girl, if ya havent figured that one out yet.

rockhugger

Jul 14, 2003, 3:47 AM
Post #36 of 93 (5640 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I wanted to post the link to all interested in climbing/camping at Carleton Peak 18, 19, 20 and also on 25, 26, 27. Please post there if you want to go. http://www.rockclimbing.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=35326

pelliott

Jul 14, 2003, 5:56 AM
Post #37 of 93 (5640 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Can't you tell that twiz is just trying to be funny? Yeah, the grade of that climb has probably changed a little. :roll:

Maybe it's missing a 400 pound rock half way up.

I haven't been there yet to see the results, but it would be interesting to know the rating now.

duskerhu

Jul 14, 2003, 6:39 AM
Post #38 of 93 (5640 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Les and I TRed it Friday (Freebase with less roof than before) and it is definately not easier without the roof to step on once you pull over... Though, I never thought it was truely a 5.9- in the first place. It's probably a solid 5.8. There is the factor now that the roof is definately smaller and that maybe changes the looks of the route psychologically...

There is still a large chunk that's loose. When you look at it from the ground, it looks like a good hook right above where the roof formerly resided. This "chunk" is shaped somewhat like a pyramid pointing upward and is lodged pretty well. You can actually use it as a side-pull and won't feel that it is loose that way but if you push up on it's underside from the bottom, you will definately notice that it is dangerously loose. It needs the "hammer treatment" before someone catches it in the noggin.

Maybe I'll bring the hammer up there with me this week and take that "chunk" out.

duskerhu

rockhugger

Jul 15, 2003, 12:42 AM
Post #39 of 93 (5640 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I bought a new harness today at REI ,I got another BD momentum just one size larger for winter.

duskerhu

Jul 15, 2003, 7:39 AM
Post #40 of 93 (5640 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Winter is a long way off yet Jeff... :twisted:

It's JULY! for the love of mother earth... You can't possibly be thinking about ICE already???

Anyway, anyone climbing this week? I'd prefer to not have to go to the gym unless absolutely necessary Wednesday...

How 'bout Friday morning too. Les? I know it's only Monday night (well, really Tuesday morn) but, what's on you agenda?

Lets get some people talkin here...

duskerhu

j_magnuson

Jul 15, 2003, 2:23 PM
Post #41 of 93 (5640 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Dann, (or anyone else)

Friday's no good, but Saturday would work. I may not be in any shape for an early start on Saturday (a friend's bachelor party), but after a shower and a gallon of water I'll be back to form. I could do either Red Wing or Taylor's.

Josh

maddog

Jul 15, 2003, 8:33 PM
Post #42 of 93 (5640 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

id be interested in saturday too....i have to work ALL DAY friday..ugh...but saturday afternoon would be cool....RW or Taylors

rockhugger

Jul 15, 2003, 10:06 PM
Post #43 of 93 (5640 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

You know it's going to snow in about two weeks.Crampons are sharp ,icetools too. No I'm not thinking about it just yet,just thought it would work better than my small harness.Hey,at least I haven't mentioned caving in a while. :lol:

fo_d

Jul 16, 2003, 1:45 AM
Post #44 of 93 (5640 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Im ok for Fri, 7:00-7:15?

Les

kurt

Jul 16, 2003, 6:43 AM
Post #45 of 93 (5640 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

I haven't been to the gym, and may not go Wednesday, but I'm selling Saturday at Red Wing to a few people. Patrick, Les, Dann, Jeff, what do you all think? Time? That's right Dann, I may even show up before 10:30!.....and with a few new jokes, to boot.

By the way icehugger, I'll get your harness back to you(as usual). This time without the extra cave mud!

Kurt

duskerhu

Jul 16, 2003, 6:47 AM
Post #46 of 93 (5640 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
Hey,at least I haven't mentioned caving in a while. :lol:
Ah... I heard you Saturday planning with kurt about going back to that cave Jeff... You know, they're just gonna make you do all the work again don't you??? :shock: :lol:

Yeah Les, Friday about 0715ish at the bluff... Please, no one else come down that day, we want to get some climbing done... :P :lol: :lol:
(just kiddin' of course, come on down if you want)

I still don't see any responses for Wednesday afternoon. I guess I'll have to go to the gym Wednesday night... :cry: :shock: :evil:

Anyone?

Anyone??

Anyone???

BUELLER!!!

duskerhu

fo_d

Jul 16, 2003, 8:45 AM
Post #47 of 93 (5640 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Sorry Dann, i missunderstood your post about Wednesday, i cant do Wed this week due to a dental appt. but next week might be a diff story. Kurt wish i could do Sat instead of Fri but it wont work this time. friday mornings after work are taking a toll on me and a sat morning or a weekday eve would be a nice change. cya Fri.

Les

duskerhu

Jul 16, 2003, 10:30 AM
Post #48 of 93 (5640 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

That's OK Les... I really didn't want to climb inside today but, maybe I'll just do a "workout" type of deal instead of climbing routes all night.

kurt, I'm unsure on Saturday's agenda... I've got my girls this weekend and they are staying at Grandma Kay's on Friday night so, its gonna depend on when she needs me to pick them up Saturday as to if I can climb or not. I may be able to squeeze a couple early hours in if need be. But I'd have to start WAY before 10:30...

...and ALWays looking forward to your jokes and tricks kurt! You never did tell everyone the "Apple Stand" joke Saturday... I can NEVER remember jokes, but this is one I have so you know it must be a good one. Bring a few toothpicks and a couple wine corks Saturday and I'll show up just for that.

duskerhu

timart

Jul 16, 2003, 12:36 PM
Post #49 of 93 (5640 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey Dan,
I still have that carabineer you barrowed me. I am looking to go climbing on Saturday so if you go I can return it to you.

pj

Jul 16, 2003, 6:09 PM
Post #50 of 93 (5640 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

Hey Dann, I'll be at VE tonight (Wed) for sure, if you need a partner...offer stands to anyone else, too. There's a sweet new lead route I almost flashed that I gotta try again....

Paula.

First page Previous page 1 2 3 4 Next page Last page  View All

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook