Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Cheap camping around Boulder
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

astro_man

Jul 17, 2003, 3:16 AM
Post #1 of 3 (1636 views)
Shortcut

Cheap camping around Boulder  (North_America: United_States: Utah: Salt_Lake_-_Utah_Counties: Rock_Canyon: Black_Rose)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

I'm heading to Boulder for a few weeks to climb in August. I'm looking for cheap, if not free, camping in the area. I'll be spending my time around Eldorado Canyon, Flatirons, Mount Sanitas, and possibly RMNP. Any camping suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

neph

Jul 17, 2003, 4:37 AM
Post #2 of 3 (1636 views)
Shortcut

Re: Cheap camping around Boulder [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Here's some info about camping in the Boulder area:

http://www.neptunemountaineering.com/activities/camping.html

bolder

Jul 17, 2003, 6:55 PM
Post #3 of 3 (1636 views)
Shortcut

Re: Cheap camping around Boulder [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

There is FREE beautiful camping up by rollinsville on Apex road and Moffat tunnel. It is about a 30 to 40 minute drive to Eldo though. If you head up Boulder Canyon towards Nederland you get onto HWY 72, head south towards central city. When you see the Sundance Cafe immediately on the right there is free camping at West magnolia road. If you keep heading south you will run into Rollinsville. Go right. Drive down this road for about 5 miles. you will see a dirt road on the left. This is Apex road. A 4WD is recommended. Just drive up the road and you will find free camping spots. If you keep heading past Apex road you will get to the Moffat tunnel road after a couple of miles. You may also head up this road and you will see several areas to camp at for free. 4WD recommended, but not needed. The further you go up this road the more beautiful scenery you will come across.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook