Forums: Climbing Information: Regional Discussions:
Skaha Burning? need info
RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

darkside

Aug 24, 2003, 2:26 AM
Post #1 of 2 (2467 views)
Shortcut

Skaha Burning? need info  (North_America: Canada: British_Columbia: Okanagan: SKAHA)
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Hey all. I'm on the road again and in the fire struck Okanagan. Just hoping someone can tell me what's happening down the road in Skaha. Can we still climb down there :?:

pehperboy

Aug 24, 2003, 4:35 AM
Post #2 of 2 (2467 views)
Shortcut

Re: Skaha Burning? need info [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Just got an e-mail from a buddy in Kelowna. Said all the climbing areas are closed due to the high fire risk. So I'm taking from that all recreation areas (including crags) are closed to eliminate the possibility of any new fires - if they're not already burnt up.
Fact remains though these fires are huge mothers. With more than 25,000 people evacuated, homes destroyed, hundreds of emergency personell running around, massive amounts of smoke in the air, road closures and who knows what other chaos, Kelowna/Penticton are not good places to be just now.
I think climbing at Skaha is over for now, and probably the rest of the season. Once things get back to normal around Kelowna - and that will be more than a few weeks - then the locals can start thinking about important things, like the condition of the climbing crags.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook