RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Access Issues & Closures

Premier Sponsor:

Partner philbox

Aug 26, 2003, 12:20 AM
Post #1 of 2 (1082 views)
Shortcut

Land owner litigation
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Since the bolt litigation thread appeared I have been asked to pose the following question, Has a land owner ever been sued by a climber or hiker etc. I guess the corollary to that is has a land owner ever sued a climber or hiker etc.

If the evidence is in the negative then that is good ammo to use to help open up closed areas, if not then we`ll need to shut up about this subject.

curt

Aug 26, 2003, 12:30 AM
Post #2 of 2 (1082 views)
Shortcut

Re: Land owner litigation [In reply to]
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

In reply to:
Since the bolt litigation thread appeared I have been asked to pose the following question, Has a land owner ever been sued by a climber or hiker etc. I guess the corollary to that is has a land owner ever sued a climber or hiker etc.

If the evidence is in the negative then that is good ammo to use to help open up closed areas, if not then we`ll need to shut up about this subject.

Hopefully fredbob will post to this topic, since he probably has direct knowledge in this area. My understanding is that there have been suits against landowners (and equipment manufacturers and guide services, etc) that have been filed by the survivors of climbers that have died in climbing related accidents.

Curt

Forums : Climbing Information : Access Issues & Closures

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook