RSS FeedRSS Feeds for Regional Discussions

Premier Sponsor:

gideon

Aug 29, 2003, 12:49 AM
Post #1 of 4 (970 views)
Shortcut

Help on Mexico
Report this Post
Average: avg_1 avg_2 avg_3 avg_4 avg_5 (0 ratings)  
Can't Post

Could use some instructions / Cautions on driving into Mexico from Texas. Any one have any pointers? What type of ID do you need to get back, what type of trouble do you run into on the roads, that type of thing.

notyetabigwaller

Aug 29, 2003, 2:30 AM
Post #2 of 4 (970 views)
Shortcut

Re: Help on Mexico [In reply to]
Report this Post
Can't Post

Try to drive through border towns during the day and watch for hidden (hard to see) stop signs and different traffic signals. Wear a shirt when driving it is a different culture down there and I have been pulled over for not wearing one. I have traveled for months at a time in mex and have only been pulled over twice (once for the shirt and once for a stop sign). If you do get pulled over you can usually pay the fine there but it will cost. The best thing to do is follow them to the station( often they will say the fine is 100) if you ask to pay there it will be in dollars but if you go to the station it will be in pesos! I Love Mex and have some of the best trips of my life there just be aware in the border towns. A few last tips: bring someone who knows or learn a little basic spanish; bring some toys and or clothing for the poor people ( not only does it feel good it has gotten me out of a jam before); have a fun attitude ( mexico has a great culture and the people love to have a good time); as for the border a picture ID is all you will need to get back; if you are going past 150km into mex convert you us to mex currency it makes transactions much easier. I hope you have a great time. If you want to know more PM me. Que Te Valla Bien Amigo!
Sean

notyetabigwaller

Aug 29, 2003, 2:36 AM
Post #3 of 4 (970 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

one more thing never ever ever ever bring a gun to mex you will get in deeeeeeeepp bandini if you do. Also expect to run into a Federali check point ( again always stop-- they will have green uniforms and machine guns ) all they want to do is to search your car briefly-- for guns!

texasclimber

Aug 29, 2003, 2:54 AM
Post #4 of 4 (970 views)
Shortcut

Report this Post
Can't Post

In reply to:
one more thing never ever ever ever bring a gun to mex you will get in deeeeeeeepp bandini if you do. Also expect to run into a Federali check point ( again always stop-- they will have green uniforms and machine guns ) all they want to do is to search your car briefly-- for guns!

Yah that is a good idea. You only need a drivers licence I think if walking across, driving you also need a birth certificate. If going past the border towns, you need to buy this BS permit that there blue signs that you follow. If you are going to Potrero, go here:

www.elpotrerochico.com for furthure info.

Forums : Climbing Information : Regional Discussions

Search for (options)

Username:
Password: Remember me:

Go Register
Go Lost Password?

Follow us on Twiter Become a Fan on Facebook